Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 10:45:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Post here if you support John Ryan. Part 2  (Read 12535 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Post here if you support John Ryan. Part 2
« Reply #60 on July 06, 2014, 09:52:33 am by Filo »
I am increasingly bemused by this "pro-Ryan/anti-Ryan" argument.

It's not about whether you support Ryan as a cult of personality thing. It's about whether you support what he is trying to do with the club.

Personally, I lost confidence in him last year when he repeatedly obfuscated when given the opportunity to explain why SC were interested, and what they would gain from the deal. He had many chances to explain that and he ducked it every time.

That doesn't mean that I hate Ryan. But it does mean that I am skeptical. It means that if I'm going to support what he now plans, I want to know what those plans are.

But we've been told nothing about those plans. So I remain skeptical.

I repeat. That does not mean that I am in some way "anti" John Ryan. What it means is that I don't have a childlike blind faith in him.

Can we now please bin this f***ing infantile "pro/anti" Ryan nonsense and start talking about the issues rather than the personalities involved?

Is that aimed at Hoola, or were you waiting for a reply from a pro JR poster before you decided you wanted to have the last word on the subject?

I think you need to take the blinkers off BB, I see it for what it is, not a post about the personalities involved, a post voicing genuine concern as to what is apparently not happening at our club, something we all should be concerned about, regardless of the personalities involved

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on July 06, 2014, 09:56:27 am by Bentley Bullet »
Im sure everyone has concerns about the take-over, but some have more faith in the new owners than others. Debating about it was bound to be high on the agenda on this forum, but treating those opposed to your views as idiots just added fuel to the fire.

Maybe now you understand how it feels being treated like an idiot.

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on July 06, 2014, 09:56:58 am by DonnyRTID »
Who's had a swipe at the club?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on July 06, 2014, 10:01:13 am by BillyStubbsTears »

It's not about whether you support Ryan as a cult of personality thing. It's about whether you support what he is trying to do with the club.

Personally, I lost confidence in him last year when he repeatedly obfuscated when given the opportunity to explain why SC were interested, and what they would gain from the deal. He had many chances to explain that and he ducked it every time.

That doesn't mean that I hate Ryan. But it does mean that I am skeptical. It means that if I'm going to support what he now plans, I want to know what those plans are.

I repeat. That does not mean that I am in some way "anti" John Ryan. What it means is that I don't have a childlike blind faith in him.

Can we now please bin this f***ing infantile "pro/anti" Ryan nonsense and start talking about the issues rather than the personalities involved?

Is that aimed at Hoola, or were you waiting for a reply from a pro JR poster before you decided you wanted to have the last word on the subject?

Bentley

Suit yourself. If someone is determined to be an argumentative f**ker over this, that's their choice.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on July 06, 2014, 10:03:10 am by Filo »
Im sure everyone has concerns about the take-over, but some have more faith in the new owners than others. Debating about it was bound to be high on the agenda on this forum, but treating those opposed to your views as idiots just added fuel to the fire.

Like I said yesterday, lets draw a line under this bickering and posturing and discuss this in a mature sensible way, there's no need for a them and us attitude, we had all the blood letting yesterday, today is a new day

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on July 06, 2014, 10:05:36 am by Bentley Bullet »
Filo, as a Donny Rovers fan I've had blinkers on for nearly all of the half -century I've supported them. I've also had blind faith, even when Iooking through my rose tinted glasses.

It goes with the territory.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on July 06, 2014, 10:09:54 am by Bentley Bullet »

Like I said yesterday, lets draw a line under this bickering and posturing and discuss this in a mature sensible way, there's no need for a them and us attitude, we had all the blood letting yesterday, today is a new day

I go along with that mate. AMEN

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on July 06, 2014, 10:24:11 am by Jonathan »

I agree 100%.

And as a supporter I'd like nothing more than for these plans (if and when they're announced) to materialise in the benefit of all of us.

To suggest any supporter genuinely wants us to fail to justify their reservations is nothing short of ludicrous.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on July 06, 2014, 11:24:07 am by The Red Baron »

Bang on, BST. He needs to start spelling out what his plans are for the club (and I don't mean some empty "Destination Premiership"-style slogan.) And if he can't do that until after 18th July he needs to say that he can't.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on July 06, 2014, 10:52:28 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Just for the record, so no-one thinks there's some sort of Hive Mind  thing going on here and we're all in cahoots with a VSC cabal, TRB and I have disagreed on most things in the past. And I think Jonathan and I have disagreed on EVERYTHING in the past, with me writing some of the posts that I'm least proud of in our heated debates (and with me generally being shown to be wrong by how events panned out.)

And, to the best of my knowledge, none of us has anything whatsoever to do with the running of the VSC, or any regular contact with any of the VSC management.

Tokyos Boot

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on July 06, 2014, 11:20:03 pm by Tokyos Boot »
For what its worth, i agree with your post too BST (which is rare).

Just so that nobody thinks us on the interim board of the DRSG are blind faith brainwashed JR worshippers...

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on July 06, 2014, 11:27:25 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
TB

Much appreciated. Although I still struggle to see why you have been so much in favour of the takeover when there are so few details out there about what its aims, aspirations and practical plans are.

And, in the new spirit of detente, I should point out that that is an issue-based perplexity, not a personal dig. (One day, we'll be able to have grown-up differences of opinion without making those caveats, because they'll be implicit and accepted by all, just like they should be).

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on July 07, 2014, 08:14:23 am by steve@dcfd »

Bang on, BST. He needs to start spelling out what his plans are for the club (and I don't mean some empty "Destination Premiership"-style slogan.) And if he can't do that until after 18th July he needs to say that he can't.

But surely this must have been spelled out before any agreement was signed with TB and DW. The plans for the club under new ownership would have been available to TB and DW before they agreed to sell the club to JR and LT.  TB would not have agreed to sell if it had not been in the best interest of the club, all the incumbents must have known that business could not have been commenced until the 18th when the final takeover would be ratified.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 08:42:00 am by steve@dcfd »

Tokyos Boot

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on July 07, 2014, 09:07:17 am by Tokyos Boot »
TB

Much appreciated. Although I still struggle to see why you have been so much in favour of the takeover when there are so few details out there about what its aims, aspirations and practical plans are.

And, in the new spirit of detente, I should point out that that is an issue-based perplexity, not a personal dig. (One day, we'll be able to have grown-up differences of opinion without making those caveats, because they'll be implicit and accepted by all, just like they should be).

I didn't feel 'in favour' as such, but i welcomed it just as much as i'd welcome any other person wanting to get involved with DRFC. Lets face it, we can't be the most popular business asset, nor fashionable in terms of a club, nor have much potential for massive success (despite us bucking that trend the last decade) based on our footfall... so if someone wants to put money into us then come one come all... the people WITH the money decided it was a good deal for them, so it must be a good deal for us too?

I know its the VSCs job to be skeptical, but i, as a mere fan, am nowhere near as skeptical of JR as you are... i don't feel i have a just reason to be. Yes, Barnsley was unprofessional, yes the 'experiment' failed, but do i think JR plans to leave us up shit creek, even accidentally with good intentions? Do i think he is that short sighted? No, i don't... we've seen enough success, achievement and personal funding under JR to understand what he's capable of and where his heart lies. 'Nobody is infallible' has been the motto of the knockers, but its important to remember everyone makes mistakes too.

JR brought in DW and TBs money for our benefit, i have faith in him to bring in others who might have money to benefit us also.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on July 07, 2014, 09:32:08 am by River Don »
TB

I didn't feel 'in favour' as such, but i welcomed it just as much as i'd welcome any other person wanting to get involved with DRFC. Lets face it, we can't be the most popular business asset, nor fashionable in terms of a club, nor have much potential for massive success (despite us bucking that trend the last decade) based on our footfall... so if someone wants to put money into us then come one come all... the people WITH the money decided it was a good deal for them, so it must be a good deal for us too?

I know its the VSCs job to be skeptical, but i, as a mere fan, am nowhere near as skeptical of JR as you are... i don't feel i have a just reason to be. Yes, Barnsley was unprofessional, yes the 'experiment' failed, but do i think JR plans to leave us up shit creek, even accidentally with good intentions? Do i think he is that short sighted? No, i don't... we've seen enough success, achievement and personal funding under JR to understand what he's capable of and where his heart lies. 'Nobody is infallible' has been the motto of the knockers, but its important to remember everyone makes mistakes too.

JR brought in DW and TBs money for our benefit, i have faith in him to bring in others who might have money to benefit us also.

The split seems to come down to this.

One side asking questions and wondering what is going on and the other who have faith and find the asking of questions objectionable.

I reckon it would be best now if we could just sit tight until the 17th or whenever it is and just see what transpires.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on July 07, 2014, 09:54:27 am by wing commander »
   There is going to be nothing to discuss till the 18th now.....I'm annoyed at the club though..They monitor these forums daily..They will have seen the bad feeling and animosity that has developed between fans who should be as together as the team.....They could have put a stop to this from day day 1 with a update that they cant explain there plans until the 18th when the t/o completes and unfortunetley we cant officially sign anybody till then but deals are being put in place that will activate on that date....What was the problem with that????????????????? Instead they have sat back and watch there own fan base self destruct into what weve seen over the last few weeks...I find that Bizzare I really do.....

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on July 07, 2014, 09:55:47 am by wing commander »
And I say that from whatever side of the fence you sit on....

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on July 07, 2014, 09:59:50 am by GazLaz »
That's all we can do RD. Preparations have been hindered without doubt but time will tell how much by.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on July 07, 2014, 10:05:16 am by BillyStubbsTears »
TB
I know its the VSCs job to be skeptical, but i, as a mere fan, am nowhere near as skeptical of JR as you are

I'm bemused again. I've now lost count of the number of times that you have mentioned the VSC's policies or approaches when specifically discussing my opinions. I've explained as many times that I have no contact with VSC directors and that my opinions are entirely my own.

Do you not accept that?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 10:26:21 am by BillyStubbsTears »

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on July 07, 2014, 10:29:55 am by Glyn_Wigley »
It's what happens, BST. Anyone with VSC connections who happens to dare to mention their own opinion and suddenly it's quoted out of context all over social media as 'have you seen what the VSC said'...

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on July 07, 2014, 10:41:30 am by River Don »
Yep,

It seems you aren't allowed an opinion as an individual if you have 'VSC member' tagged under your username.

I find that frustrating because most 'VSC members' posting on here have nothing to do with the running of the VSC.

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on July 07, 2014, 10:45:07 am by Yargo »
Were the "VSC" on the grassy knoll? Perhaps the two sycophants can explain

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on July 07, 2014, 12:46:27 pm by Jonathan »
Just for the record, so no-one thinks there's some sort of Hive Mind  thing going on here and we're all in cahoots with a VSC cabal, TRB and I have disagreed on most things in the past. And I think Jonathan and I have disagreed on EVERYTHING in the past, with me writing some of the posts that I'm least proud of in our heated debates (and with me generally being shown to be wrong by how events panned out.)

And, to the best of my knowledge, none of us has anything whatsoever to do with the running of the VSC, or any regular contact with any of the VSC management.

Entirely correct (although in fairness I think we've both shared the position of being proved wrong in past debates!)

Whilst I admire those involved in the VSC, as I do the Supporter's Club, for giving up their spare time in the interests of the club and the fans, I've always wanted to avoid being caught up in the political aspect. Selfishly, I believe the more involved you get, the less you can enjoy what it's all about - the football. The community aspect of the club is built around these people volunteering, though, and it frustrates me when well intended people get abused for sticking their head above the parapet.

My own questions that I've raised on the matter are just that - mine. Nothing to do with any agenda other than wanting to understand what's going on with the club I support.

I've not referenced this new supporters group, not out of spite, but because I've been off the forum scene for a while and I genuinely don't know who they are or what their aims are without reading further.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 12:50:41 pm by Jonathan »

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on July 07, 2014, 03:35:31 pm by hoolahoop »
Yep,

It seems you aren't allowed an opinion as an individual if you have 'VSC member' tagged under your username.

I find that frustrating because most 'VSC members' posting on here have nothing to do with the running of the VSC.

Nope I've just had a play on words post removed . To say I am feeling fuming is an understatement.
The post was totally meant firmly tongue in cheek and was not deemed "helpful". Sorry Filo this is a forum for grown up people
I'M SEETHING........

Tokyos Boot

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on July 07, 2014, 03:43:36 pm by Tokyos Boot »
TB
I know its the VSCs job to be skeptical, but i, as a mere fan, am nowhere near as skeptical of JR as you are

I'm bemused again. I've now lost count of the number of times that you have mentioned the VSC's policies or approaches when specifically discussing my opinions. I've explained as many times that I have no contact with VSC directors and that my opinions are entirely my own.

Do you not accept that?

Of course i do, sorry it was a mix up of words - i know full well you aren't owt to do with them... i was just recognising that (imo) the only people whose 'responsibility' it is to be skeptical is the VSCs. Those of you who are paid up members, i'd suspect do so to earn the comfort of knowing that when the time comes, someone will be skeptical on your behalf.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on July 07, 2014, 03:45:51 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Yep,

Nope I've just had a play on words post removed . To say I am feeling fuming is an understatement.
The post was totally meant firmly tongue in cheek and was not deemed "helpful". Sorry Filo this is a forum for grown up people
I'M SEETHING........

I read it nowt wrong with it, took it as tongue in cheek, and some wonder "why every moderation decision is queried"  a difficult job yes but at times it gets too heavyhanded when deleted/moving
posts.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on July 07, 2014, 03:51:30 pm by Filo »
Yep,

I'M SEETHING........

Hoola I messaged you in private explaining why, you should afford me the same courtesy, anyway my decision stands, i said the other day that I was going to try and restore some sanity on here, your post may well have been jokey, but in my opinion there were confrontational undertones. I'd have preffered to have kept this rxchange private, but you made it public. I'm sorry if this offends and your fuming but this is my last word on the matter, I will not become embroiled in a tit for tat exchanged, case closed!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on July 07, 2014, 03:55:17 pm by hoolahoop »
Yep,

I'M SEETHING........

I read it nowt wrong with it, took it as tongue in cheek, and some wonder "why every moderation decision is queried"  a difficult job yes but at times it gets too heavyhanded when deleted/moving
posts.

Thank you Daggers seems as though my business isn't wanted in this shop.
It wasn't racist , sexist, swearing, bullying. I don't get it ?

Yep,

I'M SEETHING........

posts.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on July 07, 2014, 03:58:37 pm by hoolahoop »
Was that done to ............feck it I can't be added. Read only from now on until I get an explanation.
It better be damned good !!

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on July 07, 2014, 04:04:17 pm by GazLaz »
Was that done to ............feck it I can't be added. Read only from now on until I get an explanation.
It better be damned good !!

Thank god for that.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012