Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 12:07:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Worst Game of Football Ever....  (Read 4977 times)

rtid88

• Forum Member
Worst Game of Football Ever....
« on May 01, 2018, 09:28:34 pm by rtid88 »
Discuss..

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

karldew

• Forum Member
Re: Worst Game of Football Ever....
« Reply #1 on May 01, 2018, 09:33:33 pm by karldew »
Crewe away the year we got relegated was pretty bad..

Hartlepool last season was dreadful..

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on May 01, 2018, 09:36:08 pm by dickos1 »
Fleetwood at home other year

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 01, 2018, 09:38:07 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
which game was it where our highlights went viral? where it was literally the whistle blowing for full time as the only highlight  :lol:

Geoff Blakesley

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 01, 2018, 09:42:36 pm by Geoff Blakesley »
It was embarrassing on rovers player. So glad I didn't spend petrol money and gate money to watch them. 4 games without a goal !

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 01, 2018, 09:44:01 pm by dickos1 »
which game was it where our highlights went viral? where it was literally the whistle blowing for full time as the only highlight  :lol:

Fleetwood

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 01, 2018, 09:44:52 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
its sad to end like this because it puts a negative on the season even when really its mission accomplished, just like last year.

Not sure fergie has helped with all the changing and playing players who clearly have no future

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 01, 2018, 09:45:25 pm by POD »
Fleetwood at home other year
Yes, it was a 0-0 draw towards the end of the season and was the game when I decided that I wouldn't be renewing my season ticket.
I just go when I feel like it now and am glad I didn't choose to go tonight.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 01, 2018, 09:49:32 pm by colincramb »
Didn’t go tonight as working late thank god. Caught the second half of the Scunthorpe game on sky. They look a very good side. Just shows what can be done. They have a lot smaller gates than us so surely we can put something together next season that’s competitive!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 01, 2018, 09:52:02 pm by dickos1 »
Not all
To do with gates though, they’ve spent a lot of money the last few years

Park Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 01, 2018, 10:22:48 pm by Park Rover »
Absolutely appalling, Im sick of watching the slow build up, no width, one step forwards followed by three back and no creativity. I’ve been watching the Rovers for almost 50 years and I don’t think even in the darkest years when we were relegated out of the league that I’ve been so bored watching the rovers.
I said after the Bury game that we wouldn’t win another game and we won’t . Coppinger in Rowes absence is the one player who can open a defence, why wasn’t he even on the bench ?.
After Saturday he’s got all summer to recover.

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 01, 2018, 10:23:40 pm by Surrey Rover »
I’ve watched Rovers for over forty years now. I’ve not been tonight so I’ve nothing to say about the match but I will say in all the years supporting them I’ve yet to see a barnstorming end of season run in once the season has effectively ended with five or six games to go. I do remember season 78/79 though when the last game of the season saw a brilliant 4-3 win at Grimsby who still had an outside chance of winning division four whilst Rovers were already canvassing votes for re-election. A repeat of that on Saturday would send everyone off into the summer happy.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on May 01, 2018, 10:25:58 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I have seen worse. I was expecting a 0-0 and there were a couple of fleeting moments when I thought either side was trying to score but I think they just managed enough to convince the authorities it wasn't a stitch up. Maybe.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 01, 2018, 10:26:56 pm by godlike1 »
I’ve watched Rovers for over forty years now. I’ve not been tonight so I’ve nothing to say about the match but I will say in all the years supporting them I’ve yet to see a barnstorming end of season run in once the season has effectively ended with five or six games to go. I do remember season 78/79 though when the last game of the season saw a brilliant 4-3 win at Grimsby who still had an outside chance of winning division four whilst Rovers were already canvassing votes for re-election. A repeat of that on Saturday would send everyone off into the summer happy.

That is a fair comment, thing is we sort of limped over the line of safety rather than fought our way there. Since then we've been on the beach

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on May 01, 2018, 10:28:11 pm by Donnywolf »
Discuss..

:turd:
                                              :turd: :turd:
                                          :turd: :turd: :turd:
                                     :turd: :turd: :turd: :turd:

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 01, 2018, 10:28:16 pm by Retdon1 »
The 3-0 defeat away at Mk dons the year we went up was just about the worse rovers performance I’ve seen in recent years. Tonight was the worse game as a whole. Both teams were awful

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 01, 2018, 10:29:36 pm by Chris Black come back »
Few SOD games were abysmal. That early game away at Scunny. Then losing away at Barnsley when they played with ten men all game. Then the embarrassment away at Reading one year. Alll gutless and dreadful in equal measure.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on May 01, 2018, 10:31:27 pm by dickos1 »

That is a fair comment, thing is we sort of limped over the line of safety rather than fought our way there. Since then we've been on the beach

We’ve never even looked like being relegated, so limped over the line is absolute nonsense

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on May 01, 2018, 10:32:48 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Discuss..

No contest. April 1 1967: Swansea 6 Doncaster 0; both teams relegated that season.

Good job we did better in South Wales exactly 40 years later to the day.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 01, 2018, 10:33:10 pm by Chris Black come back »
It is a fact that we were only finally safe from relegation in the 44th game. Most folk would say that is limping over the line. Granted, some might not.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on May 01, 2018, 10:36:27 pm by dickos1 »
We’ve never looked like being relegated, never been in the relegation zone all season and we’re sitting comfortably in 14th place with one game to go.
Not limping over the line I’m afraid no matter how much you may wish we were

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on May 01, 2018, 10:45:29 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I’ll chuck in the 0-5 at Port Vale in 1988. Team full of promising youngsters out of their depth and totally let down by the older pros. I don’t think I ever saw a more dispiriting performance from a Rovers team outside the 97/98 season which doesn’t count.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 01, 2018, 10:58:14 pm by RoversAlias »
Tonight's game was the epitome of an end of season game where your team has nothing to play for. Wimbledon came for a point and they got it, we didn't have the creativity to break them down.

It's not something I'll be losing sleep over, not sure why anyone gets het up about such things. One bloke stood at the bottom of the South Stand near the game was furious, called Fergie "that Scottish bas**rd" and repeatedly said he needs to be sacked...I'm amazed we have any fans left because most are barrelling towards a heart attack and subsequent early demise.

Southboy

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on May 01, 2018, 10:58:30 pm by Southboy »
Millwall the year we went down. 0-0. We had a man sent off unfairly early in the game and that killed any chance of it being interesting...

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on May 01, 2018, 11:03:28 pm by Campsall rover »
I’ll chuck in the 0-5 at Port Vale in 1988. Team full of promising youngsters out of their depth and totally let down by the older pros. I don’t think I ever saw a more dispiriting performance from a Rovers team outside the 97/98 season which doesn’t count.
Remember that one. A Tuesday night game. Embarrassing performance.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on May 01, 2018, 11:10:44 pm by dickos1 »
I recall a game against leek town, xmas time.
Think we lost 0-1, that was dreadful

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 02, 2018, 03:02:11 am by scawsby steve »
Peterborough away 2 seasons ago; lost 0-4; Butler and McCullough both looked like they were running through treacle, and Oztumer took the p*ss out of us the whole game.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on May 02, 2018, 05:07:03 am by roversdude »
Frickley at home

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on May 02, 2018, 07:48:52 am by POD »
What a difference a week makes.  The title of the thread after the Blackburn match (which we lost) was Magnificent!!

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 02, 2018, 07:54:47 am by sedwardsdrfc »
Exactly its about performance and how you feel after the game not just the result and at the moment its poor, i was hoping securing safety might mean we'd go for it and try to entertain but it looks like thats too much effort

TinyPortal © 2005-2012