Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 06:28:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rovers donate signed ball to struggling Dutch side  (Read 1768 times)

Albert Trousers

• Forum Member
Nice touch, the Dutch 2nd tier has already lost 1 team this season, good luck to the fans of Veendam in saving their club.
Below are a couple of translated tweets from their official twitter page.
Big thanks to Shaun Lockwood & Silent Majority for their part in this.

@ scveendam: beautiful! The English club Doncaster Rovers (@ drfc_official) has an autographed ball for the Kolonicio Raffle!

@scveendam: @LockwoodShaun @drfc_official @HaanRonald @tiertwofooty thanks for the great support guys, we really appreciate it! #scveendam

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: Rovers donate signed ball to struggling Dutch side
« Reply #1 on March 18, 2013, 04:48:58 pm by Chris Black come back »
Crap teams of the world unite! You have only your local population to blame!

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 18, 2013, 09:23:31 pm by BobG »
Albert: if you can pardon my ignorance, would you tell me which club has folded please?

Cheers

BobG

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 18, 2013, 09:31:14 pm by Herman Hessian »
Albert: if you can pardon my ignorance, would you tell me which club has folded please?

Cheers

BobG

AGOVV (Apeldoorn) went tits up at the end of October - managed ten years back in the pro-ranks before going bankrupt; Veendam have also been declared bankrupt a couple of years ago, but just about staved off complete liquidation and reformed - presumably they're back in the shit again ?

impressive club for having a badge which features a wheelbarrow full of bricks !
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 09:34:58 pm by Herman Hessian »

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 18, 2013, 09:42:56 pm by BobG »
Thanks Herman.

BobG

Albert Trousers

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 18, 2013, 09:48:18 pm by Albert Trousers »
As Herman says AGOVV went a few months back, despite some good results just before. RBC Roosendaal & Haarlem (Ruud Gullit's) former side have also folded in the last few years.

MartinB

« Reply #6 on March 18, 2013, 10:02:09 pm by MartinB »
So...maybe a silly idea, but just how much will a signed Donny football get? Would it not be worth auctioning that item on here and sending the proceeds to the club? Just a thought...may benefit them more in the long term.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 18, 2013, 11:29:02 pm by newyankee »
When I was at Huddersfield Rugby League Club we were about to go into administration. I organised a "Save Fartown" Dinner and, using Alex Murphy to sign the letters I wrote to hundreds of clubs and personalities to ask for items for an auction.

Not only did I receive many items, I also got replies refusing, from the players, managers etc which were all signed. We then went on to auction off the signed turndown letters. 

Maybe someone at this club could do something similar to all the big European clubs and their managers, players etc. It's worth a try, it brings in something for very little expense.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 18, 2013, 11:34:08 pm by Dagenham Rover »
When I was at Huddersfield Rugby League Club we were about to go into administration. I organised a "Save Fartown" Dinner and, using Alex Murphy to sign the letters I wrote to hundreds of clubs and personalities to ask for items for an auction.

Not only did I receive many items, I also got replies refusing, from the players, managers etc which were all signed. We then went on to auction off the signed turndown letters. 

Maybe someone at this club could do something similar to all the big European clubs and their managers, players etc. It's worth a try, it brings in something for very little expense.

I think thats rather brilliant   :)

MartinB

« Reply #9 on March 18, 2013, 11:55:38 pm by MartinB »

Genius!

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 18, 2013, 11:59:19 pm by andysly »
I bet the ball cost more to post than it gets raffled for. Never mind, nice thought DRFC

Albert Trousers

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 19, 2013, 09:29:18 am by Albert Trousers »
Seems like they are asking for 20 euro donations & those that do go into a draw for all the prizes (a lot of them you have to be based locally for the full benefit!). They have signed shirts from former & present players etc. I reckon I will win the ball !!

http://www.veendam4-ever.nl/koloniciotombola
http://www.sc-veendam.nl/kolonicio.html

TinyPortal © 2005-2012