Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 07:07:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rovers Exiles - International  (Read 1739 times)

les@donr

• Forum Member
Rovers Exiles - International
« on April 26, 2013, 10:52:07 pm by les@donr »
I was just wondering who and where are there are other Rovers Exiles. I've followed Rovers since the early 1990's, seen the lows in the Conference, sitting in a cold and empty BV to see Rovers play Forest Green Rovers, and the Highs promotion from the Conf, and both Div3 and Lg1.
I'm now in Canada living in Moncton, NB, and follow Rovers via the BBC.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

streatham dave

• VSC Member
Re: Rovers Exiles - International
« Reply #1 on April 26, 2013, 11:38:14 pm by streatham dave »
You might want to look at this site as well as this one. Personally I use both. :rtid:

http://drfc-exiles.co.uk/

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 26, 2013, 11:52:31 pm by hoolahoop »
I was just wondering who and where are there are other Rovers Exiles. I've followed Rovers since the early 1990's, seen the lows in the Conference, sitting in a cold and empty BV to see Rovers play Forest Green Rovers, and the Highs promotion from the Conf, and both Div3 and Lg1.
I'm now in Canada living in Moncton, NB, and follow Rovers via the BBC.

A few in the States, across Europe and Australasia regularly post on this site. RTWD.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 27, 2013, 02:36:32 am by newyankee »
Newyankee in Milwaukee Wi

PDX Rover and PDX Mickey in Portland Oregan, Fuzzy Duck in Switzerland, Dutch Uncle in Holland. On other sites, Balbykiwirover New Zealand, Canadian, Canada "Dah" xondrfc Malta, Marine rover Brazil and several who live in Ireland, there is someone in Dubai and another in New York. I think there are several others in Florida and other States of the US. Perhaps others would like to say where they are now.

mutleyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 27, 2013, 03:48:10 am by mutleyrover »
Im over in Washington DC at the moment. Cant believe my 6 day business trip dropped on for this weekend with whats happening back home but i will be following events from over here tomorrow morning.

Guernsey Exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 27, 2013, 05:21:25 am by Guernsey Exile »
I'm in St Peter Port, Guernsey.

balbykiwirover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 27, 2013, 05:30:28 am by balbykiwirover »
Hi Les

As newyankee says above, I'm in Auckland, New Zealand and will be getting up at 2am again to listen and hope for a better outcome than last weekend.

I think there are a couple other Kiwi Rovers fans on here as well including Brian down in Christchurch.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 27, 2013, 11:49:57 am by les@donr »
Thanks everyone of our Rovers exiles. Like each and everyone we'll be together in spirit with those of our fellow Rovers fans who will have the pleasure to be at the game this afternoon.

Keep the Faith!

:rtid:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 27, 2013, 12:03:45 pm by Filo »
I`m sure we had an Iberian Rover on other incarnations of this forum, we had some one living in Tenerife as well, Brian Grainger in France or Belgium, Oslo Rover in Norway, Rover on the Thames occasionally in Kenya, was n`t Standanista living in Bolivia?

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 27, 2013, 12:12:05 pm by FuzzyDuck »
On the Blog I get hits all over.  A place not yet mentioned is Brazil (MarineRover).  I get hits in Indonesia, Russia, Poland and Sweden too.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 27, 2013, 12:12:31 pm by River Don »
There is Nick the tight steward out in Australia, though he never posts on here.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 27, 2013, 12:13:47 pm by River Don »
I believe this John Ryan fella spends quite a lot of time in South Africa.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 27, 2013, 12:16:31 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I'm in a cold, wild and inhospitable place where they don't understand English, the locals grunt some incomprehensible dialect, the food is revolting and modern conveniences like Internet connections are patchy. And their understanding of football is primitive.

Sheffield.

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 27, 2013, 12:18:21 pm by ScillyRover »
Not international although if you get the 'i' and the 'c' the wrong way around I could be accused of being at the toe end of Italy! . Everyone gunning for Rovers here. Bring on the Champions! :-)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 27, 2013, 12:22:15 pm by Filo »
I'm in a cold, wild and inhospitable place where they don't understand English, the locals grunt some incomprehensible dialect, the food is revolting and modern conveniences like Internet connections are patchy. And their understanding of football is primitive.

Sheffield.

The shining light is occasionally you may come across some Jolly folk from the utopia that is Doncaster at 3am, singing cheerful songs and generally being merry :)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012