Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 06:25:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Keith Hill - Bolton  (Read 11308 times)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: Keith Hill - Bolton
« Reply #60 on October 28, 2019, 08:26:12 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17996199.bolton-wanderers-fans-left-high-dry-lincoln-postponement/

Interesting comments from the Bolton press about our game. I seem to recall something suggesting Bolton's disciplinary will be heard by the end of the month, so hopefully we'll hear something by the end of this week.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on October 28, 2019, 08:45:09 am by Campsall rover »
https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17996199.bolton-wanderers-fans-left-high-dry-lincoln-postponement/

Interesting comments from the Bolton press about our game. I seem to recall something suggesting Bolton's disciplinary will be heard by the end of the month, so hopefully we'll hear something by the end of this week.
Just seen 3 pigs fly over Campsall.  :headbang:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on October 28, 2019, 09:13:07 am by Filo »
I’m sure Chelsea’s young squad shouldn’t be playing 3 times a week, including Champions League games. Bolton should man up, adnit they were out of order and forfeit the game

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on October 28, 2019, 09:21:59 am by The Red Baron »
Be assured, GB has got all the evidence and facts to support our case, including the ages of players and previous precedents. Whether the EFL will also take into account the permission they gave Bolton to sign players on short term contracts I don't know but they should do. The point being the playing of youth players was avoidable anyway!

Two previous precedents- Scunthorpe vs. Exeter City 1974. Exeter refused to travel after unsuccessfully requesting a postponement due to injuries. Scunthorpe awarded two points for the win and Exeter fined.

Bolton vs. Brentford 2019. Bolton unable to fulfil the fixture due to their players having gone on strike. Brentford awarded a notional 1-0 victory. Other sanctions still under consideration.

On precedent, I'd say we have a strong case.

PS: There is also Blackburn Rovers vs. Middlesbrough in 1996-97 when Middlesbrough refused to travel due to illness and injuries. They were docked three points but the game was subsequently played. However, that was under the jurisdiction of the Premier League, not the Football League/ EFL.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on October 28, 2019, 03:04:39 pm by Campsall rover »
Be assured, GB has got all the evidence and facts to support our case, including the ages of players and previous precedents. Whether the EFL will also take into account the permission they gave Bolton to sign players on short term contracts I don't know but they should do. The point being the playing of youth players was avoidable anyway!

Two previous precedents- Scunthorpe vs. Exeter City 1974. Exeter refused to travel after unsuccessfully requesting a postponement due to injuries. Scunthorpe awarded two points for the win and Exeter fined.

Bolton vs. Brentford 2019. Bolton unable to fulfil the fixture due to their players having gone on strike. Brentford awarded a notional 1-0 victory. Other sanctions still under consideration.

PS: There is also Blackburn Rovers vs. Middlesbrough in 1996-97 when Middlesbrough refused to travel due to illness and injuries. They were docked three points but the game was subsequently played. However, that was under the jurisdiction of the Premier League, not the Football League/ EFL.

It should be cut and dried.
I seriously can’t think of anything that Bolton can come up with that vindicates their actions.
They refused to play without getting permission. That’s what they did. 3 points to the opponents and a points deduction & or fine to Bolton.
On what grounds, i would like to know could the EFL come up with any other decision.

Someone please tell me what would justify any other decision.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on October 28, 2019, 04:34:05 pm by scawsby steve »

It should be cut and dried.
I seriously can’t think of anything that Bolton can come up with that vindicates their actions.
They refused to play without getting permission. That’s what they did. 3 points to the opponents and a points deduction & or fine to Bolton.
On what grounds, i would like to know could the EFL come up with any other decision.

Someone please tell me what would justify any other decision.

Sod's law. It always goes against us.

Seriously though, I think all the other clubs' chairmen will be the sticking point in this matter. I agree it's a disgrace, but we will have to play this fixture.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on October 28, 2019, 04:52:35 pm by IDM »
It’s nothing to do with the other clubs though..

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on October 28, 2019, 04:57:44 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Well, having tried to understand the role of the independant disciplinary Commission, it states they will determine what sanctions will apply to Bolton. They also have the power to impose fines and compensation to 3rd parties. That Judgement is subject to appeal within 14 days. The EFL applies the judgement  and collects the fines.

However, The EFL also has the power to apply sanctions in cases where the Disciplinary Commission is not needed (I.e. When the misconduct is not contested. Like the recent case where Liverpool were sanctioned for fielding an ineligible player in the Carabo cup)

What is not entirely clear, is which body would determine whether the points should be awarded to us. I'm assuming the Disciplinary Commission will but don't quote me on that!

I suspect Bolton will present the medical reports about player welfare to the commission as mitigating circumstances however, we need to hope the EFL when presenting their case to the commission challenge this due to the ages of their players before and after our game, plus the permission they gave Bolton to sign players to avoid this situation.

If the Commission accept Bolton's mitigating circumstances, then I expect they may just receive a fine and be ordered to pay compensation to us. It would be up to us then, to challenge the outcome via the EFL if we feel the outcome does not serve justice to ourselves by not awarding us the points.

The final outcome will not be the EFL's decision however, there needs to be questions asked of the EFL about how the whole situation has been handled.

Edit: Just a reminder that the Disciplinary Commission is appointed by the FA NOT the EFL
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 05:13:27 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on October 28, 2019, 05:25:14 pm by the vicar »

they weren't pigs ther were pink elephants Campsall mate

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on October 28, 2019, 05:27:57 pm by Bentley Bullet »
The Police helicopter's just flown over Bentley on its way back.

Donnybob

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on October 28, 2019, 05:41:43 pm by Donnybob »
Bolton unilaterally cancelled the fixture. They did not apply to have it postponed or rescheduled. It was a wanton act of refusal and defiance of the constitution. There is no other fair resolution that acts as a deterrent other than forfeiture of the fixture plus a punitive punishment.

To replay the fixture justifies their anarchic behaviour. It rewards them because it gives them a puncher's chance as the original situation cannot be replicated.

Bearing in mind several clubs benefited from the chaotic situation that existed when the season began and that there is still a strong chance Bolton will be relegated before any further punishment is added, perhaps Bolton should simply be relegated this season as a matter of course, allow the team to fulfil its fixtures so as to maintain a semblance of cash flow but all results expunged from the records. That way at least all the other 22 clubs are treated fairly and equally.

Sympathies should lie with the 22, not with Bolton. They are a basket case club, sadly.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on October 28, 2019, 06:04:29 pm by roversdude »
The welfare of the players argument doesn’t hold water as they all played 2 games in a week as Bolton were taken over, this despite the fact that they had a raft of new signings.
Utter joke

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on October 28, 2019, 06:25:03 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I agree with you guys however, I am concerned the FA Commission will cave in to the thought of potentially having to fight a legal case from Bolton without properly taking into account all the actual facts and events as they unfolded at the time. You know Bolton will rely on the welfare issue for their defence. The FA won't want to be accused of dismissing the welfare of it's young players.

As for the EFL, they need to be careful. They have been accused of not doing enough to save Bury, yet we could question whether they have been too lenient with Bolton.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on October 28, 2019, 09:13:34 pm by Alan Southstand »
The EFL could end up with an absolute birds nest of an issue, whichever way they go. They set their rules and then when someone decides to flagrantly disregard them, and make their own up, they have to be seen to do something. Docking Bolton points, then making us replay the game, is potentially giving Bolton an opportunity to get some, or all, of the points back - how can that be right?

They certainly didn’t help us, in the 90’s, so why bend over backwards for another club?

Anyway, we’ve discussed this to death!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 03:40:44 am by Alan Southstand »

Donnybob

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on October 28, 2019, 10:36:16 pm by Donnybob »
The issue is simple in reality.

Did Bolton apply to the EFL to have the game postponed? The answer, obviously is no.

Did Bolton, at any time from opening day until the unilateral decision to postpone and not discuss with the other club involved, or the officials in charge, or contact the EFL to even suggest that there was an issue with the age profile of the squad and that an imminent postponement was likely?

Why did they cancel this specific fixture and none of the others?

We're they not allowed to start the season before giving a specific undertaking they could fulfil their fixtures at L1 level?

Have they shown any contrition for their action?

Having only a squad of 12-year-olds would not mitigate failing to inform the EFL nor seeking permission to postpone. Failure to behave professionally and courteously to a fellow member club and its fans is the issue, not players' ages.

There is nothing in the above that can possibly justify rearranging the fixture without bringing the game further into disrepute. It was not postponed, it was cancelled.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 10:41:44 pm by Donnybob »

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on October 29, 2019, 12:59:54 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
The issue is simple in reality.

Did Bolton apply to the EFL to have the game postponed? The answer, obviously is no.

Did Bolton, at any time from opening day until the unilateral decision to postpone and not discuss with the other club involved, or the officials in charge, or contact the EFL to even suggest that there was an issue with the age profile of the squad and that an imminent postponement was likely?

Why did they cancel this specific fixture and none of the others?

We're they not allowed to start the season before giving a specific undertaking they could fulfil their fixtures at L1 level?

Have they shown any contrition for their action?

Having only a squad of 12-year-olds would not mitigate failing to inform the EFL nor seeking permission to postpone. Failure to behave professionally and courteously to a fellow member club and its fans is the issue, not players' ages.

There is nothing in the above that can possibly justify rearranging the fixture without bringing the game further into disrepute. It was not postponed, it was cancelled.

They did attempt to get the Tranmere game postponed too. See article below

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17845035.bolton-boss-praises-gutsy-youngsters-despite-tranmere-defeat/

That was published 19 Aug, the day before our game. Later that day they pulled the plug.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on October 29, 2019, 07:22:15 am by roversdude »
And again, so concerned about player welfare that all the new signings were rested, Bolton choosing to play the kids - I believe they were also cleared to make short term signings earlier in the window

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on October 29, 2019, 08:21:53 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Well, Parkinson said in a later interview that he contacted the EFL on either the Thursday or Friday before the Tranmere game to ask that question. It's not clear whether this was in the same correspondence in which he requested the postponement. I assume the EFL have the evidence.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on October 29, 2019, 08:27:44 am by Donnywolf »

You are telling porkies CR

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on October 29, 2019, 10:22:12 am by Lifelong supporter »
Wonder if the Sunderland game at the Keepmoat on Dec 29th will be called off because Parky wants a rest over Christmas.

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on October 29, 2019, 11:07:11 am by Reesielad »
Wonder if the Sunderland game at the Keepmoat on Dec 29th will be called off because Parky wants a rest over Christmas.

I’ve heard the 29th is bubble and squeak day in Parkys household

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on October 29, 2019, 12:44:35 pm by RobTheRover »
I agree with you guys however, I am concerned the FA Commission will cave in to the thought of potentially having to fight a legal case from Bolton without properly taking into account all the actual facts and events as they unfolded at the time. You know Bolton will rely on the welfare issue for their defence. The FA won't want to be accused of dismissing the welfare of it's young players.

As for the EFL, they need to be careful. They have been accused of not doing enough to save Bury, yet we could question whether they have been too lenient with Bolton.

The thing is, if the EFL wish to appear to be strong then be strong.  They were strong with Bury (too strong, some may say) and they have been weak with Bolton.  No consistency.

nikkireed

« Reply #82 on February 25, 2020, 11:49:29 am by nikkireed »
wow! best Bolton area

TinyPortal © 2005-2012