Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 04:22:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Boris  (Read 15288 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Boris
« Reply #180 on November 23, 2021, 08:17:53 am by Filo »
Those that ripped into Dianne Abbot, including the Tory press have been noticable by their silence on this, imagine the uproar had Abbot done a speech like that and mentioning Peppa Pig, or doing a Basil Brush impression broom broom

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #181 on November 23, 2021, 08:56:20 am by Bentley Bullet »
Labour supporters on this forum just continue to show that they are no better than anyone else in their selectiveness of who they choose to ridicule or defend.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #182 on November 23, 2021, 09:10:38 am by drfchound »
Labour supporters on this forum just continue to show that they are no better than anyone else in their selectiveness of who they choose to ridicule or defend.

That is a bit unfair BB.
You should have said “some Labour supporters”.
They are not all the same.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #183 on November 23, 2021, 09:13:30 am by Bentley Bullet »

That is a bit unfair BB.

To be fair Hound, I didn't say "all Labour supporters" either.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #184 on November 23, 2021, 09:15:26 am by drfchound »

That is a bit unfair BB.

True. Maybe I was being too judgemental.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #185 on November 23, 2021, 09:24:57 am by Axholme Lion »
Those that ripped into Dianne Abbot, including the Tory press have been noticable by their silence on this, imagine the uproar had Abbot done a speech like that and mentioning Peppa Pig, or doing a Basil Brush impression broom broom

They were both a joke. For the PM of our nation to perform like that was an embarrassment. He's done the one thing he was elected for and now he needs to go before Carrie can manipulate him into doing any more harm.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #186 on November 23, 2021, 09:30:21 am by Bentley Bullet »

That is a bit unfair BB.

True. Maybe I was being too judgemental.

It was an example of you being fair and not allowing what side of the fence you are on to sway your values. I like that!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #187 on November 23, 2021, 09:56:59 am by SydneyRover »
shall I book a room?

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #188 on November 23, 2021, 01:58:35 pm by sha66y »
He might be dying!

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #189 on November 23, 2021, 02:38:52 pm by idler »
I think it says more about the Labour party than it does Boris, idler.
Did you find Boris's delivery of his speech acceptable for a politician that is the leader of the country?
Irrespective of which party any voter supports his performance was woeful to say the least.
His oratory skills are about as good as his grooming skills.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #190 on November 23, 2021, 03:04:37 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Just imagine the uproar if PM Corbyn had put in a performance like that. Or in fact, any politician in history.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #191 on November 23, 2021, 03:16:29 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Did you find Boris's delivery of his speech acceptable for a politician that is the leader of the country?
Irrespective of which party any voter supports his performance was woeful to say the least.

I think every human being is susceptible to underperforming in speeches occasionally, especially when they have to do several a day, every day, in front of the media. What is less human is to select the under par ones and use them for political gain.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #192 on November 23, 2021, 03:20:18 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Just imagine the uproar if PM Corbyn had put in a performance like that. Or in fact, any politician in history.

The problem with Corbyn was he didn't forget his scripts.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #193 on November 23, 2021, 03:32:07 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

I think every human being is susceptible to underperforming in speeches occasionally, especially when they have to do several a day, every day, in front of the media. What is less human is to select the under par ones and use them for political gain.
Yep. I can think of...literally no politician in history that has f**ked their notes up and started blathering about Peppa Pig.

Other than that, great point BB.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #194 on November 23, 2021, 03:38:59 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Cheers BST, I do my best.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #195 on November 23, 2021, 03:48:28 pm by wilts rover »
The problem with Johnson is that he is an outright liar - and now people and beginning to see that the bufoon act actually means the joke is on them.

I have seen one explanation for the Peppa Pig speech being that it was a distraction from the unravelling of his levelling-up myth. Which has cost a number of businesss in that room a great deal of money. They began investing in sites in the north with the understanding that these would be interconnected via Northern Powerhouse rail and the HS2 extension and his scrapping of it means these are now less viable.

I have no idea if this is true or not, seems plausible, but what is true are his lies unravelling - who is going to believe him in the future?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #196 on November 23, 2021, 03:59:13 pm by Bentley Bullet »
The problem with Johnson is that he is an outright liar - and now people and beginning to see that the bufoon act actually means the joke is on them.

I have seen one explanation for the Peppa Pig speech being that it was a distraction from the unravelling of his levelling-up myth. Which has cost a number of businesss in that room a great deal of money. They began investing in sites in the north with the understanding that these would be interconnected via Northern Powerhouse rail and the HS2 extension and his scrapping of it means these are now less viable.

I have no idea if this is true or not, seems plausible, but what is true are his lies unravelling - who is going to believe him in the future?

"I have no idea if this is true or not"

...But I'll say it anyway, whether it's a lie or not!

...Oh no! Only Tories lie!  :facepalm:

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #197 on November 23, 2021, 04:46:24 pm by ravenrover »
He can't help himself though, he managed to get a lie in about Peppa Pig saying it had been offered to the Beeb but they turned it down. It turns out it wasn't so they didn't

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #198 on November 23, 2021, 05:08:33 pm by Bentley Bullet »
ravenrover, we are all guilty of errors and inaccuracies in things we say, so I suppose we all qualify as liars, in your book.

...Unless you believe in the theory that only Tories can be liars?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #199 on November 23, 2021, 06:02:48 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
ravenrover, we are all guilty of errors and inaccuracies in things we say, so I suppose we all qualify as liars, in your book.

...Unless you believe in the theory that only Tories can be liars?

Go and find some recent examples of left-of-centre politicians telling lies on the scale that Johnson does. And I'm not talking about errors that are quickly corrected. Or opinions that can be contested. I'm talking about unquestionable lies on matters of clear objective truth, that are not retracted or corrected.

Take your time. You'll need it.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #200 on November 23, 2021, 06:04:34 pm by Bentley Bullet »
What about Starmer's blatant denial of wanting to join the EU vaccine programme?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #201 on November 23, 2021, 06:08:30 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Which he immediately retracted and clarified.

Next?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #202 on November 23, 2021, 06:16:35 pm by Bentley Bullet »
No, he didn't immediately retract it. He said it four times from that despatch box, and only admitted his lie when forced to.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #203 on November 23, 2021, 06:48:30 pm by drfchound »
Yep, another untruth posted on the forum by bst.
Starmer also had to back down and retract his outburst after labelling Johnson as a coward.
Not the type of behaviour one would expect of a Party leader.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #204 on November 23, 2021, 06:58:00 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I'm still waiting for BST to retract or clarify his statement which either way won't be immediate now.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #205 on November 23, 2021, 07:00:23 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
He retracted it the very same day. It was a clear case of speaking at cross purposes. When the dust settled and he realised he'd been arguing about something else, he retracted it. The record is straight.

If that is truly your best shot of finding an equivalent to Johnson getting sacked for making up a story in a paper, getting sacked for lying to his boss about his infidelities, insisting there would be no NI customs checks, lying about Tory cuts in CO2 emissions, NHS funding,  reductions in child poverty ( all of which he's done, not one he has retracted or apologised for) then you're even more politically biased than I had given you credit for.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #206 on November 23, 2021, 07:03:17 pm by Bentley Bullet »
If he'd have immediately retracted it he wouldn't have had time to deny it!

Now, do the decent thing and apologise for supporting a liar.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #207 on November 23, 2021, 07:12:12 pm by idler »
BB has anybody supporting Boris apologised for supporting a serial liar?
While his supporters are laughing at Boris the buffoon and scoring points the country is rapidly going down the pan.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #208 on November 23, 2021, 07:16:49 pm by scawsby steve »
BB has anybody supporting Boris apologised for supporting a serial liar?
While his supporters are laughing at Boris the buffoon and scoring points the country is rapidly going down the pan.

What do you want people to do, Idler? The next GE probably won't be fought until 2024, and it will most likely be between Sunak and AN Other.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #209 on November 23, 2021, 07:18:50 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I don't know which would be more embarrassing here BB.

The idea that you might actually think there's a real equivalence here.

Or the idea that you don't.

Straight question. Do you truly and honestly think Johnson and Starmer are as bad as each other when it comes to their relationship with the truth.

Simple yes or no. No need for your usual blather.

My answer. No.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012