Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 06:17:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Speeding  (Read 2488 times)

Fal

• Forum Member
Speeding
« on January 20, 2011, 05:24:41 pm by Fal »
Got caught speeding in Armthorpe by a mobile speed camera, what is the likely outcome. The letter i got stated that was doing 36 in a 30 zone and obviously asking for the driver details.

Anyone who has been in this situation recently could help me out with what are the likely outcomes? I've heard of courses, fines, and being let off so obviously im hoping for the being let off one

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

smitiai

• Forum Member
Re:Speeding
« Reply #1 on January 20, 2011, 05:28:57 pm by smitiai »
3points and £60 fine will be with you soon.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 20, 2011, 05:35:16 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
You might be offered a course instead of three points, but it'll still cost you.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 20, 2011, 05:51:36 pm by Dagenham Rover »
If youve not been caught in the last 3 years chances are you'll be offered a speed awareness course cost you in the region of £70 but no points and you don't have to tell the insurance company........the voice of experience :)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 20, 2011, 05:55:46 pm by Bentley Bullet »
If its your only offence in the last three years, you will probably be offered a course that lasts about three hours. You won't get any points on your licence but it will cost you £71.

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 20, 2011, 06:07:08 pm by Fal »
Its my first ever offence so hopefully i'll get the chance with the course at worst.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 20, 2011, 06:11:15 pm by MrFrost »
Few years a go I got done doing 33 in a 30 and wasn't offered anything just got 3 points and a fine.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 20, 2011, 06:16:47 pm by Dagenham Rover »
I think the more widespread offering of courses is relatively new, they are quite interesting in honesty and  aren't a slap on the wrist type thing.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 20, 2011, 08:00:28 pm by Filo »
2 years ago exactly, i got caught by the mobile speed camera on Nutwell Lane near the pub, the notice of intention to prosecute came, sent the form off confirming I was the driver and waited for the fixed penalty, I never heard anymore, and I`m certainly not going to chase it up!

BLIR

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 20, 2011, 08:12:01 pm by BLIR »
I did the speed awareness course at the end of November. 4 hours long and £71.

Not the most interesting of events, but financially worth it as no points = no insurance premium price hike (over and above the standard annual ridiculous increase)

Berkshire Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 20, 2011, 08:17:59 pm by Berkshire Rover »
I did one of the course a few years ago, driving simulation test is good to see how aware you are of dangers, I think I managed to hit 2 dogs and a granny!

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 20, 2011, 08:41:50 pm by bobjimwilly »
MrFrost wrote:
Few years a go I got done doing 33 in a 30 and wasn't offered anything just got 3 points and a fine.

;)

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 20, 2011, 11:07:31 pm by Fal »
Filo wrote:
2 years ago exactly, i got caught by the mobile speed camera on Nutwell Lane near the pub, the notice of intention to prosecute came, sent the form off confirming I was the driver and waited for the fixed penalty, I never heard anymore, and I`m certainly not going to chase it up!

Thats the exact same one i got caught by, i got my intention to prosecute thing last week, sent it off on saturday and so far heard nothing although i have heard it can take a few weeks before they reply, hopefully they wont!

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 20, 2011, 11:18:18 pm by BobG »
I think, though I'm not 100% sure, that if they take longer than 6 months to prosecute, you can force them to withdraw any subsequent attempt to take you to Court. Happily, I'm in the same position as Filo. I was stopped - just down the road from where I live - 2 0r 3 years ago now. They'd just changed the speed limit - without telling anyone as far as I could see - and then hid in wait. But they failed to send me the summons :)

But that's not all that common. So save up a few quid. Insurance companies don't tend to increase your premium for one 3 point penalty so that ought to not be too much of a concern.

Cheers

BobG

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 20, 2011, 11:21:28 pm by Filo »
Fal wrote:
Filo wrote:

Thats the exact same one i got caught by, i got my intention to prosecute thing last week, sent it off on saturday and so far heard nothing although i have heard it can take a few weeks before they reply, hopefully they wont!

There`s a certain time limit that has to lapse before you can assume there`s going to be no prosecution, i`m not sure what it is, 6 months seems to ring a bell.

I was travelling from Old Cantley into Armthorpe 10pm on a foggy January night when I got the dreaded flash of a speed camera, he was set up at the side of the pub car park

TinyPortal © 2005-2012