Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 12:36:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: I've had a dream  (Read 1086 times)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
I've had a dream
« on January 21, 2011, 06:33:02 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Dead vivid it was. I was outside the Keepmoat when I overheard a bloke say to his mate “their danger area is A to Z.”  What a strange statement, I thought so I asked him where he was from. “Baaahnslay”, he said.
“Sorry?”, I said.
 “Baaahnslay”, he said
 “Yeah, I’m sorry!”, I said, as I walked towards the turnstile still pondering his remark.
I sat in my seat still confused by the comment but my thoughts soon turned to the game ahead. The clash of South Yorkshire’s top two sides was imminent. I must admit there was quite an impressive gathering of Barnsley fans. It looked like many of them had come in fancy dress as tramps, but it was nice to see a few bums on seats. The local spivs in Dingley Dell must be raking it in judging by the fake Primark and Matalan gear that many of them were wearing.
The game kicked off at electric pace, but neither side could keep possession. Rovers took the lead after 16 minutes when KILGALLON managed to shake off his shackle to head home a John Oster corner. The first half continued with little between the teams, and Rovers went into the interval a goal up but the game far from won.
Second half kicked off with Barnsley going full out attack to level the match, and it paid off when the ball ended up in the Rover’s net following a goalmouth scramble after 50 minutes.
The game then became end to end stuff but with few efforts on target and a draw looked likely as the minutes ticked away. Then as the Ref looked at his watch Billy Sharp chipped the ball forward for JAMES HAYTER to nod home the winner with a diving header after 90 minutes.
As I walked out of the stadium I heard a familiar voice behind me. “I told yer, their danger area is A to Z.” Realising it was the same bloke who I’d overheard before the game I asked him what he meant. His mate then said “what he means is HAYTER’S HEAD, that’s your danger area”.   “aaaaaaaaaaaah, right”,  I said.
Rovers 2  Barnsley 1

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re:I've had a dream
« Reply #1 on January 21, 2011, 06:36:47 pm by RedJ »
:laugh: I'd love to have your dreams! where do I sign up? :P

donnybez

• Forum Member
Re:I've had a dream
« Reply #2 on January 21, 2011, 07:39:33 pm by donnybez »
Spirit guides...mhmmm and you had to get the bum draw  :laugh:  :laugh:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012