Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 02:54:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: For the mods please  (Read 1494 times)

kittyslass

• Forum Member
For the mods please
« on January 24, 2011, 11:44:39 pm by kittyslass »
I have been trying to get into Viking Chat all day, and have been continually getting put onto UK2.net and with the message \"This Site Is Unavailable
If you are the account holder, please contact the billing or support department as soon as possible.\"

I have been able to get onto the site via \"Viking Chat - VSC Forum24 Jan 2011 ... 4 out of next 5 at home by watto-drfc ... Off Topic ... VSC ...
www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?option=com...57... \" from Google, but as soon as I try my normal access from my browser list (drfc-vsc.co.uk) it goes back to the UK2.net screen.

I realise that there has been work done on the server today, but can also see that people must have access to the forum from the recent posts.

Can you help/advise.

Thanks

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re:For the mods please
« Reply #1 on January 25, 2011, 12:00:50 am by Filo »
Be patient, apparently it takes approx 24 hours for things to settle down, all should be well tomorrow

kittyslass

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 25, 2011, 12:02:15 am by kittyslass »
oOk thanks.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 25, 2011, 07:22:53 am by RobTheRover »
We've moved the site onto a server with less traffic from other websites, plus upgraded the back-end to all the latest software versions.  The result is that it should be a lot more stable, resilient, and quicker when there are lots of users hammering it.  Massive thanks to BobJimWilly who handled the move.

As a result of it going on a new server, the site's default web address has changed, and DNS servers run by ISPs have to pick up the change.  Some do this very quickly, but some can take up to 24 hours, as Filo says.  When you go to www.drfc-vsc.co.uk your ISP has to look up the real site details and if it still has the old details then you get the error page.

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 25, 2011, 08:31:30 am by nice one rovers »
Oh bugger, expected to see something on here about The Who, The jam, etc.... I'm going underground.

kittyslass

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 25, 2011, 09:53:28 am by kittyslass »
Thank you! Now working ok.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012