Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 07:40:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Birmingham v West Ham last night- a Rover reports  (Read 929 times)

LongbridgeMGRover

Birmingham v West Ham last night- a Rover reports
« on January 27, 2011, 06:32:11 pm by LongbridgeMGRover »
just lately it has been such a stressful rollercoaster with the Rovers; from 6th place to 10th- in a single game, will he go, will he stay etc etc, that it is quite relaxing to watch another team.........

last night i went with a party of 13 Brazilian visitors to the match at St Andrews. already this was a little surreal!!

we had traditional pies and tea before settling down in a near capacity crowd of 27,000+.

the atmosphere was brilliant, Mr Blue Sky by local band ELO sets the scene.

constant refrains of different songs; 'keep right on', 'chim chiminee' 'sh*t on the villa'and so on.

the football was frankly awful. the guy behind me kept on shouting 'lump it like Wimbledon, hoof it'. they made Sheff U look like, dare i say it. Brazilians.

then a dramatic comeback, and extra time winner, grown men weeping as they have never been to Wembley or had any sniff of success since winning the LDV/PAINTPOT trophy.

then there was all the riot police with shields and batons drawn, we saw fighting around the ground, and our busride through an area more reminiscent of Baghdad.

i am not tempted to defect!!!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012