Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:16:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Match Pass on iFollow  (Read 2289 times)

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
Match Pass on iFollow
« on April 29, 2024, 09:25:39 am by Metalmicky »
Can someone help.  Never used iFollow, but will be overseas for both legs so find myself either missing out or trying to stream via iFollow.

I have downloaded the EFL iFollow App (for DRFC) to my phone, but can't see where I can buy a match Pass for Crewe.  Have they not been advertised yet and if so when do they generally become available...?  Do I need to do anything beforehand...?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re: Match Pass on iFollow
« Reply #1 on April 29, 2024, 09:28:44 am by Donnywolf »
Have a look at the Stickys above as it might be covered

However they won't go up on Rovers Site for a few days I suspect

Overseas users will be able to tell you how far in front they get them but think it's a few days before

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 29, 2024, 09:33:50 am by Metalmicky »
I did look at the iFollow help in the stickies, but it didn't help with that. 

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 29, 2024, 09:41:11 am by Donnywolf »
Ah , ok. I've only read it once myself right at time I started using it

Depending where overseas is maybe catch it on Sky in Pub Bar if location and Time difference allows

Otherwise I reckon 2/3 days up front and always worked well when I've been in Turkey , Canaries etc

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 29, 2024, 09:43:29 am by ncRover »
I find it’s easier to buy the pass when you log in to ifollow on the Rovers website.

Then when you log in on the app with the same details it will come up on the day.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 29, 2024, 11:02:04 am by Spud »
It's not showing as available to buy, could be it's not on ifollow as it's on sky?

Juddy

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 29, 2024, 06:14:12 pm by Juddy »
It will be available on i player

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 29, 2024, 06:55:36 pm by scawsby steve »
It will be available on i player

BBC iPlayer? I doubt that, Juddy, with Sky having the broadcasting rights for the game.

Juddy

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 29, 2024, 06:59:17 pm by Juddy »
Sorry I follow

donny dave

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 29, 2024, 08:09:47 pm by donny dave »
I Thought if it was on sky it is not available on I follow

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 02, 2024, 10:02:15 am by Metalmicky »
Can I check with others - I can't see it yet, so is the away match at Crewe still not showing as available to buy on iFollow....?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 02, 2024, 10:02:40 am by IDM »
Probably because the game is on sky?

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on May 02, 2024, 10:08:55 am by dknward2 »
Think games shown on sky aren't available on ifollow as we haven't had a single game on sky in the league I'm not sure would guess it's still available for VPN users or non UK residents

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 02, 2024, 10:26:31 am by Metalmicky »
Normally I would watch on Sky, but I booked a holiday back in January and wasn't expecting to need the services of iFollow.  Would I need to wait until I am in an overseas location, or just accept that I can't get the game.  Any advice welcomed.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on May 02, 2024, 10:27:57 am by graingrover »
In my experience , and I live abroad and use I follow to watch every game .The. procedure is as follows .
Access DROS .
Click I follow .
Click Matches
Click Fixtures .
The match unlikely to show until a few hours before kick off .
Then click Match report and you should be IN .
Robbie Andrews is usually the home commentator and does an excellent job .

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 02, 2024, 10:33:30 am by SydneyRover »
The match is not show available in the match centre atm. Not sure if the below applies in this case. I can't find anyone that is streaming the games in Oz.

''Sky Bet Championship

Overseas supporters can watch any league game live that is not selected for broadcast by the EFL overseas broadcast partners or Sky Sports. These matches will have a full match replay available to users with an active iFollow subscription after the live event.

Latest streaming restrictions and the list of international broadcasters can be found on the EFL website''

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on May 02, 2024, 12:50:34 pm by i_ateallthepies »
I suspect that since you are a UK resident and your home address is registered in your iFollow account this may override the fact you are accessing from overseas and prevent you getting the live stream.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2024, 01:46:20 pm by i_ateallthepies »

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 02, 2024, 01:10:45 pm by Metalmicky »
Thanks all - I will check on the Monday and if not it will be the lucky pint for me...... :(

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 04, 2024, 07:35:50 am by Metalmicky »
It's now showing that there is a Audio Match Pass available - are these any good and do they work alright overseas if you have wifi?

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 04, 2024, 08:25:46 am by NickDRFC »
I suspect that since you are a UK resident and your home address is registered in your iFollow account this may override the fact you are accessing from overseas and prevent you getting the live stream.

I use ifollow regularly from Edinburgh (Tuesday nights, international breaks) and was able to watch the Barrow game from Portugal through my account, which I wouldn’t have been able to do if I was at home, so it is possible. I don’t know whether it being on Sky complicates matters, though.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on May 04, 2024, 08:32:48 am by SydneyRover »
It's now showing that there is a Audio Match Pass available - are these any good and do they work alright overseas if you have wifi?

I can't see why audio wouldn't work, they'll just block the visual is all, not that I've used audio only. ifollow is a really good service, much improved since the early days.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 04, 2024, 09:12:13 am by Chris Black come back »
Video Match Pass for 11 Euros on iFollow is now available for the first leg, at least in Europe. For rest of world the rights might be different.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on May 04, 2024, 09:18:46 am by Filo »
Now TV, 24 hours of Sky Sports streaming for £14.99

https://www.nowtv.com/sports-purchase

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 05, 2024, 12:09:19 pm by Chris Black come back »
Greeny confirmed as doing co-commentary on both legs, on iFollow.

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on May 05, 2024, 04:56:48 pm by ScillyRover »
Video Match Pass for 11 Euros on iFollow is now available for the first leg, at least in Europe. For rest of world the rights might be different.
I’m in the EU. There’s no option for a video stream of the game showing on iFollow

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 06, 2024, 09:37:21 am by Canadian Rover »
So weird, follow every week with a season ticket on Ifollow. Yet when the playoffs start there is no game available. $20 to watch on DAZN. Thank God I have the chance to watch via Sky Sports even though it's not "available" in Canada.

Want to give a huge shout out to the folks from the Rovers side that have provided Ifollow again this season, it's gonna be weird watching it without the usual commentary.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on May 06, 2024, 09:55:06 am by SydneyRover »
I'm fairly sure ifollow season tickets don't normally cover play-offs. I can't do the 2.30am kick off in Oz on Monday but the 5am start for the second leg is doable but atm only a monthly pass is available which means double the cost to see a single game.

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on May 06, 2024, 12:05:15 pm by RoversInSpain »
So weird, follow every week with a season ticket on Ifollow. Yet when the playoffs start there is no game available. $20 to watch on DAZN. Thank God I have the chance to watch via Sky Sports even though it's not "available" in Canada.

Want to give a huge shout out to the folks from the Rovers side that have provided Ifollow again this season, it's gonna be weird watching it without the usual commentary.
Yes very weird, however on another thread it was explained to me that the Playoffs is a completely separate competition, owned by the EFL and in turn the TV rights are offered out to the highest bidder (Sky, who generally win the rights, as they tend to)
All ticket sales and TV money is also distributed very differently to the way normal league match would be.
Come on Rovers !

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on May 06, 2024, 03:23:42 pm by graingrover »
I do hope this means VIDEO .
Amdad Hussain (iFollow)
May 6, 2024, 12:35 UTC

Hi Brian,

Thank you for contacting iFollow Support.

Looking at your recent activity on your account I can see you're located in Belgium. If you're still located in Belgium you will have access to the live stream.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Amdad
iFollow Support

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 06, 2024, 03:45:13 pm by Copps is Magic »
99% sure it's not on iplayer. It only gives me a link for 'listen live' on the match pass. Here in the Netherlands it is on viaplay, which is the Dutch version of NowTV.

I tried NowTV with a vpn and couldn't get it working.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012