Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 10:40:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sunderland v TLOD  (Read 9950 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Sunderland v TLOD
« Reply #90 on February 13, 2021, 03:41:52 pm by Filo »
Do we do passing drills in training?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on February 13, 2021, 03:43:33 pm by The Beast »
This is a weird game. We're not playing that badly but our defense are basically asleep

It’s probably karma for the game at the Keepmoat where they totally dominated us and we stole a point. I said that night they were the best side I’d seen this season and I’ll stick to that, although Oxford played great football but had a soft centre.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on February 13, 2021, 03:43:47 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Its no coincidence that all the goals have come from crosses from the left wing.

Absolutely. Halliday has been beaten numerous times.  If you allow a cross stood up to the back post it's a 50-50 situation for the attacker.

Sunderland have a front three that could easily play in the league above.  It tells me defensively we should be concerned if some of them could step up.

Much reminds me of sod teams, played ok but opposition's quality has undone us.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on February 13, 2021, 03:44:08 pm by eastender »
McGeady always seems to turn into Messi when he plays against us, yet you rarely hear his name mentioned rest of the season. Same with Wyke.

Wyke had scored 20 up until today , i think we want to help him get to the 30 mark by the end of the game.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on February 13, 2021, 03:45:39 pm by dknward2 »
McGeady always seems to turn into Messi when he plays against us, yet you rarely hear his name mentioned rest of the season. Same with Wyke.

Wyke had scored 20 up until today , i think we want to help him get to the 30 mark by the end of the game.

Can only hope they take him off at halftime and don't bring anyone one on

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on February 13, 2021, 03:45:53 pm by jmt23 »
We have been better than the scores says, but the defending is non existent...I can’t remember defending as bad as  this, not even in our worst year

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on February 13, 2021, 03:46:49 pm by jamesrover17 »
Gomes and John off at half time for Bostock and Simms at a minimum, get James back in at left back... He’s had his fun half a season experiment playing all over the pitch

Getridorit

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on February 13, 2021, 03:47:03 pm by Getridorit »
No Anderson, no idea?
Im afraid it's no Whiteman, no idea.

Getridorit

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on February 13, 2021, 03:48:07 pm by Getridorit »
Rovers haven't put in a performance since Whiteman left.
Sorry to say, but without him we've been dreadful and haven't adapted to playing without him.

We'll finish mid table.

Are you an motivational speaker by any chance.......?
Sorry for speaking the truth.
Am I wrong? No

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on February 13, 2021, 03:48:40 pm by sha66y »
Well..........could be worse I suppose......... if that back four is supposed to be the best in the league ( some peoples opinion) .... my jimmys a bloater

We don’t seem to be able to score from set pieces and we are poor at defending them....we actually don’t look like we should be 3 nil down,

I agree about John,....he to me is a centre back, but if DM sees him as an attacking left back who are we to judge....

All in all we are found out!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on February 13, 2021, 03:48:58 pm by DonnyOsmond »

He's not been playing much until Johnson came in.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on February 13, 2021, 03:50:18 pm by StocksArmy »
The scoreline is not his fault and hes not the only one today but, what a lot of you and the manager see in Jon Taylor will forever baffle me. He is absolutely dire! Never offers anything ever. Clueless in possession, never looks to find space, runs into dead ends, when he gets it he loses it, never makes the right decision. To think he fobbed Rotherham off to play Championship football and he never got a club sums it up.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on February 13, 2021, 03:50:56 pm by Filo »
That half was a shocker, out played in midfield again and the defence a shambles

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on February 13, 2021, 03:51:19 pm by pib »
Well..........could be worse I suppose......... if that back four is supposed to be the best in the league ( some peoples opinion) .... my jimmys a bloater

We don’t seem to be able to score from set pieces and we are poor at defending them....we actually don’t look like we should be 3 nil down,

I agree about John,....he to me is a centre back, but if DM sees him as an attacking left back who are we to judge....

Our set plays are absolutely dreadful. How many have we scored from this season?

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on February 13, 2021, 03:53:16 pm by NickDRFC »

Who thinks Halliday, Butler, Wright & John are the best back 4 in the division? You wouldn’t find a single poster on here who wouldn’t have Anderson in our best back 4, and you’d be hard pressed to find anyone who would have John in there.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on February 13, 2021, 03:54:07 pm by dickos1 »
He needs to bring okenabirhie on for John, play two up front and drop James to left back then bring sims on for gomes.
Taylor Richards is the only player who can take any credit from that shower

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on February 13, 2021, 03:54:19 pm by EasyforDennis »
Wright and Butler are doing ok. Unfortunately they have nobody on either side of them.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on February 13, 2021, 03:55:05 pm by Metalmicky »
Sorry to say, but without him we've been dreadful and haven't adapted to playing without him.

We'll finish mid table.

Am I wrong? No

Deep breaths chap....... think positive thoughts and you'll be happier..

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on February 13, 2021, 03:55:27 pm by NickDRFC »

Our set plays are absolutely dreadful. How many have we scored from this season?

Agreed, it’s really poor. John Taylor seems to me a little like Sterling in that he never quite seems to strike a ball cleanly, so if he’s our best option then god knows how poor the rest are. To say we often have 4 centre halves in the team to attack set pieces it’s a really poor record.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on February 13, 2021, 03:55:59 pm by NickDRFC »
Wright and Butler are doing ok. Unfortunately they have nobody on either side of them.

I think Wright was at fault for the first goal, similar to John for the second he was far too passive.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on February 13, 2021, 03:56:50 pm by Metalmicky »
4:3..............we're going to win 4:3

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on February 13, 2021, 03:57:03 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Not going to defend the indefensible but I just go back to our first corner. Not to put the ball into the box was criminal.

We actually got into some good positions but were woeful in the box. How Richards missed by that far even with his right foot was hard to believe. Taylor shooting boots missing.

Sunderland kept it simple. Quality balls in the box to an invisible 6' 4“ centre forward.

Some of our play has been better but OMG, schoolboy defending.

Batleyred

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on February 13, 2021, 04:01:48 pm by Batleyred »

We'll finish mid table.

Am I wrong? No

That is your opinion agreed, but your contract thread speaks volumes about yourself. Your just another negative poster who loves a dig at the club

AM I WRONG NO lol

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on February 13, 2021, 04:02:38 pm by dknward2 »
Madger off
Bostock on

Let’s see if that makes any difference

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #114 on February 13, 2021, 04:03:01 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Charlie Wyke is a proper unit and it must be like trying to stop a tank but how come he doesn't get a hatrick every week?  What happened to our cunning planning and team selections, surely the McGeady/Wyke threat was foreseen?

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on February 13, 2021, 04:03:36 pm by goalkick »
We have been outplayed midfield for the last four games .fortunately two of them we came out ok.this game is proving a point.

Getridorit

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on February 13, 2021, 04:06:34 pm by Getridorit »

We'll finish mid table.

Am I wrong? No

Quite happy fella.
Just say it how I see it, call a spade a spade.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on February 13, 2021, 04:07:32 pm by Metalmicky »

We'll finish mid table.

Am I wrong? No

Quite happy fella.
Just say it how I see it, call a spade a spade.

I think you need a club mate.....

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #118 on February 13, 2021, 04:08:38 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I swear I'm better than Taylor in front of goal, and I haven't kicked a ball for 30 odd years.

Batleyred

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on February 13, 2021, 04:09:20 pm by Batleyred »
Gettttttttttt in

TinyPortal © 2005-2012