Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 02:08:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Two and a half hours....  (Read 4248 times)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
Re: Two and a half hours....
« Reply #30 on April 25, 2021, 09:48:22 am by Glyn_Wigley »
I can't beleve you are all responding to this article, it's just what he wants, ignore him and he might slither back under his stone
The players are mentally exhausted and can’t muster the enthusiasm . The season has fallen away and it’s difficult to see why after all the good work that was achieved before DM left . The players won’t see any benefit now from this failure to maintain the standard previously. Andy Butler will have learned a massive lessen from this but it’s the board who need to see and remember what their decisions do to a seasons efforts if they get it wrong or don’t prepare long term for emergencies when they occur. Keeping experienced time served ex-players on the books in key coaching roles are vital if any continuity is to see any club through a crisis . It’s hard to imagine a top flight club doing what we did, when the manager of the club  departed. Yet Gavin Baldwin never gave it a seconds thought when he handed the club’s fortunes over to an unprepared girls team manager/ coach . Lessens needs learning and situations require experts not amateurs or half baked ideas born of indifference. If the fans were present as these last few games there would have been protests and walk outs . They the board saved themselves from that indignantly. RTiD

The first lesson you need to learn is how to spell lesson.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on April 25, 2021, 10:01:59 am by ravenrover »
Yet Gavin Baldwin never gave it a seconds thought when he handed the club’s fortunes over to an unprepared girls team manager/ coach..

Butler has never managed a girls team.

He has however managed Doncaster Rovers Belles LFC, who are now part time and currently in the 4th tier of the WFL, an experience which - I will give you - will have been unlikely to have provided the same challenges likely to be faced in managing a full-time professional men’s team.
You can dress this up all you want .. but keep it real , Butler is under qualified and under prepared for such an important task , the  board  didn’t even seek to appoint someone with experience. The board did panic and Butler was the easiest on paper without actually understanding that it failed it WOULD fail badly!  Oh yes .,, it has and from 3rd place in L1 with games in hand to 13th place and still falling . Wake up , look at was is happening NOW, out of contract players being told they are not required , some not  excepting to take up their new terms contract and with all 7 loans about to return and still we haven’t appointed a new manager yet ! .. from possible success to relegation form in a few weeks . Keep it real  you couldn’t make this up !!
Well go on I'll ask the question,  which out of contract playets have been told they are not required?

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on April 25, 2021, 02:29:40 pm by since-1969 »
I can't beleve you are all responding to this article, it's just what he wants, ignore him and he might slither back under his stone
The players are mentally exhausted and can’t muster the enthusiasm . The season has fallen away and it’s difficult to see why after all the good work that was achieved before DM left . The players won’t see any benefit now from this failure to maintain the standard previously. Andy Butler will have learned a massive lessen from this but it’s the board who need to see and remember what their decisions do to a seasons efforts if they get it wrong or don’t prepare long term for emergencies when they occur. Keeping experienced time served ex-players on the books in key coaching roles are vital if any continuity is to see any club through a crisis . It’s hard to imagine a top flight club doing what we did, when the manager of the club  departed. Yet Gavin Baldwin never gave it a seconds thought when he handed the club’s fortunes over to an unprepared girls team manager/ coach . Lesson needs learning and situations require experts not amateurs or half baked ideas born of indifference. If the fans were present as these last few games there would have been protests and walk outs . They the board saved themselves from that indignantly. RTiD

Is that it .. So you agree with it then . 
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 02:32:35 pm by since-1969 »

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on April 25, 2021, 02:39:42 pm by idler »
The players are mentally exhausted and can’t muster the enthusiasm . The season has fallen away and it’s difficult to see why after all the good work that was achieved before DM left . The players won’t see any benefit now from this failure to maintain the standard previously. Andy Butler will have learned a massive lessen from this but it’s the board who need to see and remember what their decisions do to a seasons efforts if they get it wrong or don’t prepare long term for emergencies when they occur. Keeping experienced time served ex-players on the books in key coaching roles are vital if any continuity is to see any club through a crisis . It’s hard to imagine a top flight club doing what we did, when the manager of the club  departed. Yet Gavin Baldwin never gave it a seconds thought when he handed the club’s fortunes over to an unprepared girls team manager/ coach . Lesson needs learning and situations require experts not amateurs or half baked ideas born of indifference. If the fans were present as these last few games there would have been protests and walk outs . They the board saved themselves from that indignantly. RTiD

The way I look at it however much you say AB is in no way experienced enough to manage the club he is far more qualified than you are.
It hasn't worked out unfortunately but me move on. Far more experienced managers than him have failed this season. Ipswich,Charlton,Portsmouth and Sunderland have all parted company with experienced managers.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on April 25, 2021, 02:41:51 pm by silent majority »
And that worked out well for Charlton and Ipswich didn't it?

I don't see Portsmouth pulling up any trees either.

Changing managers for the final run in doesn't seem so attractive after all.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 25, 2021, 02:54:10 pm by sha66y »

That’s a bit deflective SM!
We were in a good but probably false position, and it appears that something has happened since DM left that has caused the same set of blokes to suddenly stop playing ...

We may never get to the bottom of what appears to be a monumental capitulation but the board have not quite made their stance clear, they after all would have benefitted from the teams success financially, and yet to some....... they don’t seem that bothered that their investments have not only failed in such a dramatic fashion but they may need to find more funds to build a team for next season....

This is not a good way to operate a club if you want some kind of return on your investments....

We the fans are more frustrated with what isn’t said rather than what is !

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on April 25, 2021, 02:55:27 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Yes, I agree you need to learn how to spell lesson. And that is all I agree with. I have passed no comment on anything else and you are in no position whatsoever to say that I have.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on April 25, 2021, 03:28:57 pm by idler »

That was my point Martin.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 25, 2021, 06:04:54 pm by drfchound »
To be fair to Portsmouth and Charlton, either could still make the play offs and then get that third promotion spot.
They have maintained their push.
Perhaps it is a bit early to write them off just yet.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on April 25, 2021, 06:05:42 pm by PDX_Rover »
Why don’t we all chill out?

We’re all madly passionate about Rovers, well, except the Michaels ‘Gobson’ and Shaw.

This season will soon be history. It’s been piss poor since before Moore f**ked off and no amount of argument and conjecture will alter that.

The positives? The club is looking at policies around player contracts, loan players and managerial contracts. Three areas that needed reviewing.

Nobody can legislate for managers being poached.
It’s a back-handed compliment I suppose...

Let the board do make a good appointment. Get rid of the deadwood and those who have no appetite for hard work and fight.

We rise again.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on April 25, 2021, 06:10:26 pm by silent majority »

That was my point Martin.

I know, Dave, just agreeing with you.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on April 25, 2021, 06:35:13 pm by silent majority »

That’s a bit deflective SM!
We were in a good but probably false position, and it appears that something has happened since DM left that has caused the same set of blokes to suddenly stop playing ...

We may never get to the bottom of what appears to be a monumental capitulation but the board have not quite made their stance clear, they after all would have benefitted from the teams success financially, and yet to some....... they don’t seem that bothered that their investments have not only failed in such a dramatic fashion but they may need to find more funds to build a team for next season....

This is not a good way to operate a club if you want some kind of return on your investments....

We the fans are more frustrated with what isn’t said rather than what is !

Well it wasn't meant to be deflective, and I don't see it as that.

I was making the point that changing managers doesn't guarantee anything. And the difference with us is that the change was forced on us, unlike some of the other clubs who'd had the opportunity to line up replacements.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on April 25, 2021, 09:20:41 pm by ravenrover »
Yet Gavin Baldwin never gave it a seconds thought when he handed the club’s fortunes over to an unprepared girls team manager/ coach..

Butler has never managed a girls team.

He has however managed Doncaster Rovers Belles LFC, who are now part time and currently in the 4th tier of the WFL, an experience which - I will give you - will have been unlikely to have provided the same challenges likely to be faced in managing a full-time professional men’s team.
You can dress this up all you want .. but keep it real , Butler is under qualified and under prepared for such an important task , the  board  didn’t even seek to appoint someone with experience. The board did panic and Butler was the easiest on paper without actually understanding that it failed it WOULD fail badly!  Oh yes .,, it has and from 3rd place in L1 with games in hand to 13th place and still falling . Wake up , look at was is happening NOW, out of contract players being told they are not required , some not  excepting to take up their new terms contract and with all 7 loans about to return and still we haven’t appointed a new manager yet ! .. from possible success to relegation form in a few weeks . Keep it real  you couldn’t make this up !!
Well go on I'll ask the question,  which out of contract playets have been told they are not required?
Still waiting

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on April 25, 2021, 10:21:55 pm by since-1969 »
For what ... your alarm to go off and find that it was all a dream and we are still in 3rd place with games in hand and Andy Butler isn’t the manager . Or that every player has stopped playing and signalled they no longer want to. 

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on April 25, 2021, 11:14:47 pm by Janso »
No, for you to back up the absolute shite you speak day in day out.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on April 26, 2021, 07:20:53 am by since-1969 »
No, for you to back up the absolute shite you speak day in day out.
any opinion has not been disproved so I’ll keep talking shite if that’s what you think !!

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on April 26, 2021, 12:34:30 pm by ravenrover »
For what ... your alarm to go off and find that it was all a dream and we are still in 3rd place with games in hand and Andy Butler isn’t the manager . Or that every player has stopped playing and signalled they no longer want to. 
No just the names of the players who have been told they are no longer required, or are you just ralking bo!!ocks again?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012