Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 05:14:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Who are the out of contract players?  (Read 4053 times)

streathamdave

• Forum Member
Who are the out of contract players?
« on April 25, 2021, 10:52:37 am by streathamdave »
I'm sorry if this has been posted already and I've missed it but which players are out of contract at the end of the year? Or if it is easier which will still be in contract?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

keith79

• Forum Member
Re: Who are the out of contract players?
« Reply #1 on April 25, 2021, 11:12:10 am by keith79 »
Everyone except Anderson, bogs,fey and sandwich.

waldron40

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 25, 2021, 11:17:11 am by waldron40 »
I'm not absolutely certain, but I think those out of contract are:
Lawlor
Wright
Halliday
James
Amos
Butler
Gomes
Coppinger
Taylor
Lokilo
Seaman
Greaves
Horton
Blythe

streathamdave

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 25, 2021, 12:33:10 pm by streathamdave »
Thanks for the replies. OK maybe I'm missing something but who is sandwich? Bostock and Williams I think both have time left on contracts and recently it was implied that Butler would be back next year even if he isn't manager. Lokilo I thought we had an option on. Out of those listed I'd want to sign Halliday, James, Butler (If he hasn't already), Taylor,Greaves, Horton. Amos seems to have a good attitude and I wouldn't mind him staying but would be unsure. Gomes it depends on contract. Decent season last year once settled and start of this but seems to have slumped recently and wouldn't blame him if he wanted to go back to Spain for family reasons. Lokilo as a squad player rather than a starter I'd be OK with. Impossible to make a judgement re Seaman. Blyth we haven't seen to judge but we need experienced defenders. Lawlor will be gone. I know some people like Wright but not for me. Same with John for me. Loanees gone. I'd love to sign Smith but I can't see it happening. Think James and Greaves would be my priorities. What about Hasani? From what little I've seen I'd probably keep him on. Jones as a 2nd keeper. We need 8-9 new signings +similar number stopping on to add to the few still under contract. Major rebuild. Hopefully we can sign a few players a bit more experienced from top few clubs in League 2/Scotland/League of Ireland/Ones released from promoted teams. Biggest rebuild needed in a lot of years which is saying something as lots of years seem this way.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 01:28:19 pm by streathamdave »

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 25, 2021, 12:44:12 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Only players who will still be in contract at the end of the season are:
Anderson, John, Bostock, Williams and Bogle.
Apart from Jones and Greaves I wouldn’t offer a contract to any of the others given their contempt to wearing the shirt since February and hopefully DM will come in and take Bogle and Bostock to the Owls and we can pay Williams off.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 25, 2021, 12:51:23 pm by Donnybax »
We have the option for a further year on Taylor’s contract

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 25, 2021, 12:55:00 pm by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
I'm not absolutely certain, but I think those out of contract are:
Lawlor
Wright
Halliday
James
Amos
Butler
Gomes
Coppinger
Taylor
Lokilo
Seaman
Greaves
Horton
Blythe

Just me who rates Lawlor as a League 1 GK and thinks he should be given a new contract. Not too sure why he was sent out on loan to bring the likes of Bursic and Balcombe in!?

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 25, 2021, 12:58:30 pm by andyst79 »
We have the option for a further year on Taylor’s contract
I wouldn't be disappointed if this option wasn't took up. He seems a decent character Taylor but I should imagine he's one of our top earners and I find him really frustrating at times, for all his speed and energy his end product is generally awful.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 25, 2021, 01:04:26 pm by vaya »
Is there a second year option on Seaman's contract?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 25, 2021, 01:16:18 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Thanks for the replies. OK maybe I'm missing something but who is sandwich? Bostock and Williams I think both have time left on contracts and recently it was implied that Butler would be back next year even if he isn't manager. Lokilo I thought we had an option on. Out of those listed I'd want to sign Halliday, James, Butler (If he hasn't already), Taylor,Greaves, Horton. Amos seems to have a good attitude and I wouldn't mind him staying but would be unsure. Gomes it depends on contract. Decent season last year once settled and start of this but seems to have slumped recently and wouldn't blame him if he wanted to go back to France for family reasons. Lokilo as a squad player rather than a starter I'd be OK with. Impossible to make a judgement re Seaman. Blyth we haven't seen to judge but we need experienced defenders. Lawlor will be gone. I know some people like Wright but not for me. Same with John for me. Loanees gone. I'd love to sign Smith but I can't see it happening. Think James and Greaves would be my priorities. What about Hasani? From what little I've seen I'd probably keep him on. Jones as a 2nd keeper. We need 8-9 new signings +similar number stopping on to add to the few still under contract. Major rebuild. Hopefully we can sign a few players a bit more experienced from top few clubs in League 2/Scotland/League of Ireland/Ones released from promoted teams. Biggest rebuild needed in a lot of years which is saying something as lots of years seem this way.

Gomes is Spanish.
Jones and Hasani are both contracted till next season. Jones was given the promise that he'd be #1 next season, not sure if a new manager will go along with that but he's mostly done well when he's played minus yesterday's goal, which if we keep dropping him he'll never gain form.

streathamdave

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 25, 2021, 01:27:30 pm by streathamdave »
Yes you are right Gomes is Spanish. Will correct. General point about going back to family still stands.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 25, 2021, 01:35:47 pm by Donnybax »
I’d definitely be keeping Taylor. Yes he can be frustrating but if his end product was better he wouldn’t be playing for us. He’s the only out and out winger we have. Plus we aren’t exactly flush with players.

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 25, 2021, 01:37:42 pm by Michael Gibson »
It begs the question why have no players signed an extension???? Very strange

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 25, 2021, 02:05:36 pm by since-1969 »
We don’t do forward thinking that’s too easy !!

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 25, 2021, 02:06:05 pm by vaya »

Have they not?

Presumably you've asked them all rather than made something up off the top of your head.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 25, 2021, 02:20:15 pm by wilts rover »

Slags the team of for being rubbish - then wants to re-sign them all!!!

And then he will be the first to moan when they do.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 25, 2021, 02:28:37 pm by silent majority »
The Taylor deal is already done, as have 3 or 4 others.

Tiddysdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 25, 2021, 02:30:46 pm by Tiddysdad »
Quote from: DearneValleyRover
hopefully DM will come in and take Bogle and Bostock to the Owls and we can pay Williams off.

Why do you want to get shut of bostock?
He's come into a team where he's having to defend and play a 5th centrehalf. I say that because of the amount of times he covers for the backline getting pulled out of position. I feel that he will be a good asset to the team when we get sorted out. He played some great through balls and works for the team when he's allowed. Stop the Bostock bashing give the lad a chance.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 25, 2021, 02:32:59 pm by sha66y »

Slags the team of for being rubbish - then wants to re-sign them all!!!

And then he will be the first to moan when they do.

He never said that!
he may have alluded to the idea that the players may not have wanted to commit to playing for Doncaster longer term...
and I think there is a chorus of scribes all of the same opinion that the team is in-fact rubbish...

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 25, 2021, 02:34:06 pm by sha66y »

So a half decent 5 a side team.......

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 25, 2021, 02:39:14 pm by silent majority »

I don't see your point. People were asking about Taylor and I've given the answer.

And the 3 or 4 others are in addition to those who still have contracts, we're nowhere near the transfer window yet, and we have months to put a team together so I fail to see how relevant your post is.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 25, 2021, 02:54:11 pm by NickDRFC »
SM, if the deals are done is there a reason they haven’t been announced yet? We’re crying out for some good news so not sure I understand why it would be kept under wraps.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 25, 2021, 02:56:39 pm by sha66y »

I don't see your point. People were asking about Taylor and I've given the answer.

And the 3 or 4 others are in addition to those who still have contracts, we're nowhere near the transfer window yet, and we have months to put a team together so I fail to see how relevant your post is.

You don’t do humour .. like ....5 players = a 5 a side team......I suppose there is no place for humour at the moment .....

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 25, 2021, 02:59:22 pm by Chris Black come back »
SM, if the deals are done is there a reason they haven’t been announced yet? We’re crying out for some good news so not sure I understand why it would be kept under wraps.

It’s not good news until you know who is accepted new deals... Some of the out of contract lads you would think we might want to part company with.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 25, 2021, 03:01:26 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Honestly unless the 3-4 others are the younger players (Greaves, Jones Horton etc) i'll be disappointed. Quite happy for them all to go and think any manager looking to join us would feel the same wouldn't they?

Good decision to keep Taylor i think he's a dangerous player in this division so think any new manager would be happy to have him.

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 25, 2021, 03:35:55 pm by goalkick »
Agree with Taylor signing but we will still have bogle Williams and bostock here, the loan players will be gone and many who are out of contract. Cannot see them being the foundation of a top div one side.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 25, 2021, 03:40:31 pm by Chris Black come back »
I genuinely don’t see Bostock being with us next season. If there isn’t a clause allowing him to move in summer if we were still in League One, I suspect we will just both decide better to cancel deal and allow him to move in the summer. He needed to come back to the UK in the January window and we looked a good bet to go up then. We’ve totally collapsed and he will likely have some interest from Championship clubs. His loan at Forest last season was well reviewed, so you can see him going up a level in summer.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on April 25, 2021, 05:54:11 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I can see DM coming in for Bostock to right and wrong in his view. I'd be quite happy if our new manager can sign replacements. I'm sure we'd accept a nominal fee.

The fewer players from this season the better for me so we can start a fresh without the baggage of this seasons collapse hanging over them. Even if the players can put it behind them, some of the fans won't as  soon as mistakes are made.

It may take a couple of transfer windows to get going again so I'm prepared to give the new manager some time to reshape the squad.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 25, 2021, 06:06:02 pm by silent majority »

You don’t do humour .. like ....5 players = a 5 a side team......I suppose there is no place for humour at the moment .....

I do humour, I just didn't see anything particularly funny.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on April 25, 2021, 06:08:50 pm by silent majority »

Well, it'll be the club choice as to when they make announcements. I'm sure the media team will be scheduling that as we speak. (write/type)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012