Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 01:08:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Just caught John ryan on the wireless  (Read 23039 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: Just caught John ryan on the wireless
« Reply #60 on August 17, 2013, 12:23:04 pm by silent majority »
Some of you really don't get it do you?

Do you really think it acceptable to slag off anyone or anybody who wants to buy something?

If it's my football club that they want to gamble with then yes, it's totally acceptable.

Any half decent company that wants to invest would come clean, tell us who is behind the bid and what their plans are, simple.

Somebody's behaving like Ken Bates here, and look at the damage he's caused.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on August 17, 2013, 12:23:11 pm by River Don »

Do you really think it acceptable to slag off anyone or anybody who wants to buy something?

Eh?

It might be, it depends who it is and what they want to buy.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on August 17, 2013, 12:23:31 pm by Wellred »
Listen to his interview from last night. We've done very well but now it's time to move on and let someone else have a go. Or words to that effect.

It is your blinkered interpretation of what JR said. Saying it it is time to move on and let someone else have a go does not necessarily mean it will be a 100% sell out.

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on August 17, 2013, 12:24:24 pm by DonnyRTID »
I'm doubting you no more than you're doubting JR.

SIRFRAN

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on August 17, 2013, 12:25:15 pm by SIRFRAN »
Absolute joke this! Its all speculation - why go on and on about it until something actually happens? Or at least until theres concrete facts circulatin as appose to the "i heard this" its rumoured this might happen" etc

Our club in recent years has been run as sustainable as possible - this by the same 3ppl that would need to agree to further investment or a sale - i can hardly see them puttin the club in danger and wanting to see what theyve done in recent years destroyed

Why are so many people on here hell bent on arguing? I understand everyone is entitled to there own opinion but if i said the sky is blue or the grass is green im sure someone woul disagree!

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on August 17, 2013, 12:25:23 pm by Wellred »

Eh?

It might be, it depends who it is and what they want to buy.

With comments like that I can't blame them for issuing a solicitors letter.
What a stupid comment. It says it all really.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on August 17, 2013, 12:25:54 pm by Copps is Magic »

Slag off, no (but then again who has actually done this?)

Scrutinise, absolutely yes.

You have now descended into the depth of twisting words to suit your own agenda. The true sign of a faulting argument.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on August 17, 2013, 12:27:44 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

With all due respect Wellred, I don't think you're getting it. The threat is against supporters of DRFC who are openly commenting about the merits of a takeover. That includes you Wellred!!

And who is slagging off anyone?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on August 17, 2013, 12:28:19 pm by Wellred »

Slag off, no (but then again who has actually done this?)

Scrutinise, absolutely yes.

You have now descended into the depth of twisting words to suit your own agenda. The true sign of a faulting argument.

Look at the post above. It is acceptable to one vsc member it seems.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on August 17, 2013, 12:29:04 pm by River Don »
Listen to his interview from last night. We've done very well but now it's time to move on and let someone else have a go. Or words to that effect.

It is your blinkered interpretation of what JR said. Saying it it is time to move on and let someone else have a go does not necessarily mean it will be a 100% sell out.

No it's not.

The proposal is clear. It has been said before. It is a takeover.

Read the DFP.

http://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers-ryan-wholly-satisfied-with-sequentia-proposal-1-5957443

Notice the word takeover, not investment.

Read the words acquire and 100%.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on August 17, 2013, 12:30:50 pm by Wellred »

With all due respect Wellred, I don't think you're getting it. The threat is against supporters of DRFC who are openly commenting about the merits of a takeover. That includes you Wellred!!

I don't think it is me who isn't getting it.
Are you seriously trying to say that certain Irish people haven't been called by certain posters on here?
Take your head out of the sand.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on August 17, 2013, 12:30:57 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Completely dumb move by SC. Just because the supporters were wondering what their intentions were they decided to take legal action. They've probably lost a some support from the fans for that.

I can see this thread going too. 

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on August 17, 2013, 12:32:17 pm by Wellred »

No it's not.

The proposal is clear. It has been said before. It is a takeover.

Read the DFP.

http://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers-ryan-wholly-satisfied-with-sequentia-proposal-1-5957443

Notice the word takeover, not investment.

Read the words acquire and 100%.

So you really believe JR will not be involved if the takeover goes ahead?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on August 17, 2013, 12:33:29 pm by DonnyOsmond »

The same supporters they'll expect to go week in week out to the stadium to help make a profit for them and the club.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on August 17, 2013, 12:34:13 pm by River Don »
I'm just going on the published information Wellred.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on August 17, 2013, 12:36:25 pm by Wellred »
I'm just going on the published information Wellred.

With your own interpretation of it.
Plus of course the DFP never twist anything do they?

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on August 17, 2013, 12:54:15 pm by BobG »
:):):)

The last resort of the desperate man. Make a statement that is entirely unprovable, and undisprovable, and then base your argument on that. Can't lose then can you Wellred? Try constructing a rational and reasoned argument. It'd make a nice change.  At least there is a provable factual basis, as I illustrated, for my doubts about the wisdom of this particular bid. I may be entirely wrong. I may be entirely right. But the ability to see things as they are, not as I might wish them to be, is the absolute fundamental basis of any debate. If new facts then come to light, the views of each and all of us then have to be reappraised. You've not brought one single new fact to bear yet. When you do, I'll give it the attention it deserves. Until then, your drivel is plain wearisome.

By the by, is anyone able to confirm just what JR said about O'Briens 'involvement' at that recent open meeting? What did JR actually say?

Cheers

BobG

« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 01:18:33 pm by BobG »

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on August 17, 2013, 12:57:15 pm by Not Now Kato »
Reading this thread reminds me of something Mark Twain once said....

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on August 17, 2013, 01:10:06 pm by steve@dcfd »
Bob you already know the answer to the question you were given the VSC directors point view this morning on the members site.

The trust between JR and VSC appears to be diminishing every day. Which is not good for the club. So we will have wait and see what happens in the future. Scoring points off one another seems to be the game at the moment.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 01:13:54 pm by steve@dcfd »

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on August 17, 2013, 01:13:15 pm by Wild Rover »
Can we see proof of the supposed legal action threat?

You're not doubting us are you? The letter is sat on my desk here with my name on it. A very unwise decision to threaten a supporters trust at the very club you're attempting to purchase, not the wisest commercial decision to make.

Sorry to be a "Pain in the ass", but are not SC essentially an agent for someone with cash to invest in ( or buy out ) a football club.
As with "Westferry" , the people behind the purchase of BV ( same people ), they were acting on behalf of another party ( in that case DOB). So irrespective of who runs SC, its another who has the money. Certainly SC dont have the sort of money being bandied around.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on August 17, 2013, 01:14:18 pm by BobG »
I know what I've seen on here mate. But I'd like that to be either confirmed, or corrected. It's a highly important question right now - it goes to the heart of what and who we should believe. So if you were there and heard the great mans words?

Cheers

BobG

PS. When you mentioned the 'members site' did you mean the restricted forum on here, or did you mean that other site altogether where you pay to become a member? I don't look at either much tbh - but I will if you can point me in the right direction? I assume there's a statement there somewhere that clearly says what JR said that night at the AGM?

PPS Sorry Steve. Just found it. Thank you. That does make for some rather intriguing conclusions then doesn't it? Not very happy ones either.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 01:25:47 pm by BobG »

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on August 17, 2013, 01:23:00 pm by not on facebook »
Fcuk me what a can Of worms This Thread Opened.

My brief as given me addvice to point out This FACT

'the opinions Of other posters on This Thread is Their
Own Opinions ,and nothing to do with what i think or
Belive On the subject.

Thats my dissclaimer just in case

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on August 17, 2013, 01:27:50 pm by silent majority »
Can we see proof of the supposed legal action threat?

You're not doubting us are you? The letter is sat on my desk here with my name on it. A very unwise decision to threaten a supporters trust at the very club you're attempting to purchase, not the wisest commercial decision to make.

Sorry to be a "Pain in the ass", but are not SC essentially an agent for someone with cash to invest in ( or buy out ) a football club.
As with "Westferry" , the people behind the purchase of BV ( same people ), they were acting on behalf of another party ( in that case DOB). So irrespective of who runs SC, its another who has the money. Certainly SC dont have the sort of money being bandied around.

Yes.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on August 17, 2013, 01:30:16 pm by dickos1 »
So identical to most ownerships in the premiership then?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on August 17, 2013, 01:33:37 pm by silent majority »
So identical to most ownerships in the premiership then?

Give over Dickos, nothing of the sort.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on August 17, 2013, 01:37:18 pm by dickos1 »
Explain to me the difference then, as I'm obviously missing something fundamental

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on August 17, 2013, 01:59:39 pm by Mr1Croft »
Wellred,

No-one is begrudging anyone an opinion here and I'm sure 99% of Rovers fans, if not 100% would love to see DRFC in the Premier League, what a difference it would make to see us playing the likes of Manchester United, Chelsea etc., and even being able to watch the goals and highlights back and still be in bed before 12 on a Saturday night would be a refreshing and welcome change to our usual Saturday night routines.

However there are a few comments you have made on here which I would like to pull you up about and respond to, may I add however that these are solely my personal views.

Firstly your reference to Cardiff and using them as an example in comparison to us. Let's examine what happened at Cardiff, they have always been in the top 6 of the Championship for the past 4 years and always made the play-offs, in which they were only a couple of results away from being in the Premier League. Not exactly a club oscillating between League 1 and the Championship.

But when their investment did come along 12 months ago look at the cost it came at, the new owners decided that they wanted Cardiff City to start playing in the home colours of red opposed to their traditional blue. Cardiff City went through a huge re-branding process and the end product is hardly recognisable as the Cardiff City most football fans know as the bluebirds from Ninian Park. I guess for you and I imagine some Cardiff fans this was a fair exchange; a change in colour for Premier League football. But lets consider that for a second, to many football fans your 'brand' is really your identity and your legacy; for a team like Doncaster Rovers that is all we have to make us unique, everything we love about Doncaster Rovers is part of that identity. How many DRFC fans would welcome us to lose that in favour of an investment that won't guarantee promotion, just increase our chances?

I'm not saying that any new investors are planning to do something similar here, I'm just building on your example of Cardiff to show that investment doesn't always come as part of a no-strings attached deal.

You ask why should an investment group (or individual) justify themselves to a 'bunch of fans', should any investment or future ownership go pear shaped who will be left to save the club? Who will be running round like headless chickens appealing for donations and funds? It will be people like me and you, the supporters left to pick up the pieces. If that is the case I'd like to be pretty certain the chances of that happening are minimal.

Remember that football supporters are different to customers in any other sphere in business. If I shop at Asda and the product becomes sub-standard I could easily go to Tesco or Sainsbury's. However as a football fan I will remain paying the same price for a poor product through some form of attachment we refer to as loyalty. You could equally argue that loyalty to a football club is foolish or misplaced but it is what keeps millions turning out in drones week in week out. Football clubs are aware of this and using it to their advantage, rather than rewarding loyalty they exploit it. Supporters always offer to help clubs, but this is often ignored until their is no other option and the club is facing extinction, already in administration and only then can the supporters who have been holding their hands out finally have a say in their club, and sometimes (such as in the case of Darlington) it is too late.

Its reasons like that why Supporters Trusts were formed, and why the VSC was formed. To ensure that supporters have a voice and achieve the greatest possible influence in the running and ownership of their club, so that should a club start steering towards trouble than they can act accordingly. Do you not think for a club like us, considering how close we came to extinction 15 years ago, that we should be (as supporters) doing the right thing and trying to seek assurances?

You also claim that the VSC 'luddites' no longer trust JR's judgement, it makes me wonder how someone as clearly educated as yourself can make such a comment aimed at a Independent Supporters Trust. The VSC was set up to ensure the long term sustainability of the club, surely you of all people understand it is well within our remit to proceed with caution in scenario's like this and seek assurances that investment is in the best interests of not only supporters of today, but our children and grandchildren.

bigal

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on August 17, 2013, 03:37:54 pm by bigal »
Can any one answer this question. What has it got to do with us if JR wants to sell up

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on August 17, 2013, 03:38:50 pm by silent majority »
Can any one answer this question. What has it got to do with us if JR wants to sell up

That can't be a serious question. Are you sure?

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on August 17, 2013, 03:43:57 pm by DonnyRTID »
I think he means, it's JR's to do with it has he pleases.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012