Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 01:03:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The first 24 hours of the crowd sourcing project.  (Read 23455 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: The first 24 hours of the crowd sourcing project.
« Reply #60 on June 22, 2014, 12:22:12 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Whoa. That is one scary website.

Especially the thread "What do you love most about Louis?"

Poll options
His hair?
His cute face?
His eyes?
His crazieeeee personality?
His voice?
His commitment to building a sustainable, community-based football club in his home town?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on June 22, 2014, 12:27:33 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
The three wise men straight in there, bish, bash, bosh. You don't have to try and convince me they won't make, I don't think they will, the difference is I hope they do where as there are plenty on here willing it to fail.

I prefer to think of myself as one of the three wise monkeys. Either "See no Boy Band" or "Hear no Boy Band".

Anyroad, for the record, I'm ambivalent on the whole crowd funding jive, mainly because I haven't got a clear idea what its intention is. If it is supposed to be providing underpinning finance, that worries me, because a couple of million quid will vanish in no time. If it's there to provide evidence of the ability to monetise the 1-D fans' love of a Tomlinson, that's a very different thing.

Either way, I have no vested interest in seeing it fail.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on June 22, 2014, 01:02:31 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Fair play rules . Turnover / wages ratio . Not rocket science

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on June 22, 2014, 01:16:12 pm by since-1969 »
Correct .

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on June 22, 2014, 01:17:56 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Think we would be better run by some foreigner that has no interest in Donny . Ungrateful not the word !

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on June 22, 2014, 01:26:16 pm by RedJ »
No one is ungrateful... just sceptical is all.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on June 22, 2014, 04:11:40 pm by graingrover »
Just back from no internet holiday . I see the negative side   found a new cause to knock !

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on June 22, 2014, 04:25:45 pm by Wellred »
You missed half time graing when everyone swapped ends  ;)

auckleyflyer

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on June 22, 2014, 04:44:47 pm by auckleyflyer »
How about this for a concept???
until the deal stalled crowdfunding wasn't in the plans. 1D's agent want their cut, but what cut?? cue 2weeks of negotiations with still no agreement. Couldn't drag on for weeks so Wise old JR suggests a test to see LT's financial pull.? It may be designed to fall on its ass team 1d-rfc can then fcuk the image rights vultures off !!!!!!!

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on June 22, 2014, 04:52:40 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
until the deal stalled crowdfunding wasn't in the plans. 1D's agent want their cut, but what cut?? cue 2weeks of negotiations with still no agreement. Couldn't drag on for weeks so Wise old JR suggests a test to see LT's financial pull.? It may be designed to fall on its ass team 1d-rfc can then fcuk the image rights vultures off !!!!!!!

Agents don't work like that. A percentage of not much is still more than a percentage of nothing.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on June 22, 2014, 05:24:38 pm by Wellred »
How about this for a concept. All Rovers fans forget their differences and start afresh and get behind the new owners and look forward to the new season?

Nahhhhhhh it doesn't work like that does it?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on June 22, 2014, 05:54:28 pm by the vicar »
No miracles don't work like that wellred we should be one lot of fans and one club

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on June 22, 2014, 07:15:43 pm by jonnydog »

1D-RFC  :lol:

There's the next merchandise marketing strategy sorted ;)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on June 22, 2014, 07:35:38 pm by The Red Baron »
Everything is speculation until someone decides to do the honourable thing and officially make a statement to iron out all our questions/concerns/worries etc...

I honestly thought we'd have heard more specifics by now, obviously not in depth details, but a bit more than what has been offered!

I think the moving on of Browny and Duffy has exacerbated the situation in quite a few fans eyes. Whereas I am usually one to see how things pan out and may even be guilty of having a bit of blind faith in the hope that those associated with our club do joy want to see it fail, or look like a joke, I don't think it would be a bad thing for all involved if we heard news of some contracts signed and/or maybe a new signing or two.

Whilst everything is hazy, then rumour and speculation will continue to snowball I'm afraid.

Couldn't agree more. We need to get some signings made soon or the scepticism will deepen.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on June 22, 2014, 08:42:25 pm by Al4475 »
Agreed - we should all be drfc fans pulling in the same direction and always should've been - even tho there were as many knockers to tb/dw as there are the jr/lt approach! Fickle bunch aren't we?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on June 22, 2014, 08:55:30 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
349 pledges amounting to £54,031 on top of the initial amount JR/LT input. Equivalent to the wages of an good to average L1 player for 11 weeks. Kinda boring news I know but beyond speculation, it's all we have.

It's not about being pro or anti anyone. Can we throw that destructive perspective out of the window please? Asking pertinent questions is the name of the game. If there is a divide, it's between those who go on blind faith and those who like to see solid (as is possible) evidence/actions. The coming weeks will begin to heal that or increase that divide. That is in the hands of the owners.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on June 22, 2014, 09:28:16 pm by hoolahoop »
The three wise men straight in there, bish, bash, bosh. You don't have to try and convince me they won't make, I don't think they will, the difference is I hope they do where as there are plenty on here willing it to fail.

Are you mad Gaz, there isn't anyone on here that wants this  (whatever it is) to fail ! Many if not most of the members of this site have fought to keep this club afloat too in the past. Some have been supporting this club for upto 70 years and come from all walks of life. They have seen it all, the good , the bad (mainly bad btw) but still they love this club and our town wherever they live in the world.
You insult them and me...........pack it in.  :mad:

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on June 23, 2014, 09:48:42 am by Yargo »
Everything is speculation until someone decides to do the honourable thing and officially make a statement to iron out all our questions/concerns/worries etc...

I honestly thought we'd have heard more specifics by now, obviously not in depth details, but a bit more than what has been offered!

I think the moving on of Browny and Duffy has exacerbated the situation in quite a few fans eyes. Whereas I am usually one to see how things pan out and may even be guilty of having a bit of blind faith in the hope that those associated with our club do not want to see it fail, or look like a joke, I don't think it would be a bad thing for all involved if we heard news of some contracts signed and/or maybe a new signing or two.

Whilst everything is hazy, then rumour and speculation will continue to snowball I'm afraid.
Where are the loudmouths?What no posting on their website of "positive updates"?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 04:36:25 pm by Yargo »

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on June 23, 2014, 10:45:54 am by Yargo »
Have i provoked someone?Perhaps this is the best they have to offer?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The L J Monk

Re: Croud funded football club?
« Reply #5 on: Today at 10:40:25 AM »£554,546 presently. How does this tally with Ryan and Tomlinson's expectations?

You'd expect the higher value pledges to gather momentum as time goes by, with people getting the funds together/children nagging their parents enough to sign up.

The above was LJ's contribution,the below is mine

Anyone know kids that have parents that can hand out thousands,even if that was the right way to fund my club?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 10:48:38 am by Yargo »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on June 23, 2014, 10:54:02 am by IDM »
Just back from hols too...

For what it's worth, I have no objection to the JR/LT takeover as they are fans of the club.  I would expect that they are prepared to self-fund the club's operating losses, as an expensive hobby that they can afford.

I don't know much about this fundraising fund, but as far as I am concerned I have paid for my ST months ago, and will potentially spend a bit of cash at the stadium during the season, so why should I now be asked to stump up more?

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on June 23, 2014, 11:06:57 am by wing commander »
No miracles don't work like that wellred we should be one lot of fans and one club

I actually think you have a fair point Wellred...Yes I'm extremely sceptical about this and I haven't seen any meat to the bones so to speak and I've had my say....However it's happened,its here and the proof in the pudding will happen soon enough when we see what type of quality players and how many of them sign for us....So from here it's back to supporting the club and team.....

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on June 23, 2014, 11:09:35 am by since-1969 »
Yorkshire law firm Gordons have been integral in the takeover of Doncaster Rovers Football Club by One Direction member Louis Tomlinson and former owner John Ryan.

Gordons advised the sellers, including Terry Bramall and Dick Watson.

The Gordons lawyers were head of corporate James Fawcett, senior partner John Holden and solicitor Robert Farrell.

Commenting on the transaction, John Holden said: “This was not a straightforward deal and we had to work to unusual deadlines.

"We are really pleased with the outcome for all involved and wish Doncaster Rovers every success in achieving the ambitions of the new owners.“

Doncaster Sport Limited, a company owned by the Tomlinson/Ryan Trust, will acquire the majority of the issued shares in Patienceform Limited, trading as Doncaster Rovers Football Club. The full takeover is expected to be completed in July.

According to the BBC One Direction singer Louis  Tomlinson says he "wants to make a difference" with Doncaster Rovers and he was "willing to put a lot of time" into the club, despite his commitments to his band.

Doncaster-born Tomlinson, 22, is a lifelong Rovers fan and played for the club ‘s reserve side against Barnsley earlier this year.

According to CMU the pair are now launching a crowdfunding campaign in an effort to raise £2 million to pay for the actual running of the club. They’ve also launched a trust, called The Tomlinson Ryan Trust, to manage the money raised.
The two men have put in £500k  themselves to get the ball rolling. "To help run the club" ? How many season tickets have club sold ? How much had this raised?

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on June 23, 2014, 11:18:50 am by Jenny »
We are in trouble if the £2m is to help run the club.

As it stands, we need £60k a day to reach the £2m target and we haven't got that from fans in total as of yet, as each day passes it looks more and more unlikely. You would think that the donations would flood in quick and then momentum to drop as the initial fan fare dies down. We need exactly the opposit to happen, and quick.

I know it has been said that it is unlikely that the fund will fail because one of JR/LT or AN Other could easily pledge to top it up and it looks like that will be the case, but I for one would be interested to know the thoughts of JR/LT on what would happen if the level of pledges required is missed.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on June 23, 2014, 11:33:49 am by since-1969 »
Every contracted senior player at the club suffered a 50 per cent reduction in wages following relegation from the Championship, Dickov revealed. 

Does this sound like a major financial change to anyone or the practical realities of being relegated and the exceptance that failure has to be paid for . 

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on June 23, 2014, 11:40:09 am by Dagenham Rover »
Every contracted senior player at the club suffered a 50 per cent reduction in wages following relegation from the Championship, Dickov revealed. 

Does this sound like a major financial change to anyone or the practical realities of being relegated and the exceptance that failure has to be paid for . 

and if you continue with that article

And as he awaits receipt of one of the largest playing budgets in League One, Dickov says he will be looking to offer improved terms in order to hang onto the club’s best men

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster/doncaster-rovers-dickov-hopeful-on-wellens-and-coppinger-1-6688121

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on June 23, 2014, 11:46:21 am by hoolahoop »

We are in trouble if the £2m is to help run the club.

As it stands, we need £60k a day to reach the £2m target and we haven't got that from fans in total as of yet, as each day passes it looks more and more unlikely. You would think that the donations would flood in quick and then momentum to drop as the initial fan fare dies down. We need exactly the opposit to happen, and quick.

I know it has been said that it is unlikely that the fund will fail because one of JR/LT or AN Other could easily pledge to top it up and it looks like that will be the case, but I for one would be interested to know the thoughts of JR/LT on what would happen if the level of pledges required is missed.

:that:  Scary isn't it Jenny ?  :facepalm:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on June 23, 2014, 11:48:32 am by Filo »
Personally I think it should be in every players contract that they should have a reduction in wages for relegation, I think it should be a world wide rule and FIFA should implement it, why reward failure?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on June 23, 2014, 11:54:08 am by Dagenham Rover »
Personally I think it should be in every players contract that they should have a reduction in wages for relegation, I think it should be a world wide rule and FIFA should implement it, why reward failure?

:that:

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on June 23, 2014, 12:00:14 pm by since-1969 »

And as he awaits receipt of one of the largest playing budgets in League One, Dickov says he will be looking to offer improved terms in order to hang onto the club’s best men

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster/doncaster-rovers-dickov-hopeful-on-wellens-and-coppinger-1-6688121
A very odd statement to have the highest budget but on half wages , that's why players have chosen to go as they signed to one deal and reduced to except another . So by this no championship players will be joining Rovers under these terms .

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on June 23, 2014, 12:24:00 pm by Wellred »

A very odd statement to have the highest budget but on half wages , that's why players have chosen to go as they signed to one deal and reduced to except another . So by this no championship players will be joining Rovers under these terms .

You either cannot read or simply do not understand.

Try reading all of it again and then think about what it says.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012