Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 03:53:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Retained list  (Read 24311 times)

glosterred

• VSC Member
Re: Retained list
« Reply #60 on May 18, 2015, 03:14:38 pm by glosterred »
Says who !! If there crap get rid .

How? If they have a contract the club has to honour that contract or we pay them off. Unless you know differently

COYR

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on May 18, 2015, 03:22:44 pm by Filo »

How do you suggest we "get rid" of contracted players?

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on May 18, 2015, 03:24:53 pm by wing commander »
 We cant of course..They are contacted and unless someone comes in that offers the player more we are stuck with them..else I would have been expecting the word "Main" on the afore mentioned list...lol

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on May 18, 2015, 03:26:21 pm by Lincoln Rover »
Main will come good. Watch this space.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on May 18, 2015, 03:28:33 pm by since-1969 »

the same way everyone else does Sell the MFRS

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on May 18, 2015, 03:30:30 pm by Filo »

Football Manager has a lot to answer for!

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on May 18, 2015, 03:35:21 pm by grayx »

Hmmm... He's got a lot of weaknesses to work on. He does have a powerful shot on him though.

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on May 18, 2015, 03:42:22 pm by Lincoln Rover »
Agreed grayx.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on May 18, 2015, 03:49:40 pm by wing commander »

I fear I will be watching it for a long long time..As mentioned above he has a good shot on him..But as a footballer for me he is simply shocking.....

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on May 18, 2015, 03:49:52 pm by Copps is Magic »
Furman interview with radio deedaa confirms he was offered a contract by the club. Nothing concrete about his future yet. Sounds like he's open to all offers. Says last season was a disappointment.

SOD

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on May 18, 2015, 07:47:26 pm by SOD »

I fear I will be watching it for a long long time..As mentioned above he has a good shot on him..But as a footballer for me he is simply shocking.....
Middlesborough watched him for 3 years and ditched him, we probably thought he would come good in a league below but no. How many more years does he need to come good? Maybe he should try League 2. We need a proven goal score put his wages towards that.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on May 18, 2015, 07:51:47 pm by acko »
how many goals did billy score when he came back last season,stick with main he will come good

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on May 18, 2015, 07:55:24 pm by Lincoln Rover »
SOD.
Time will tell and unlike some others on here I will admit if I'm wrong.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on May 18, 2015, 08:02:23 pm by drfchound »
Curtis is only 22 for gods sake, he is learning all the time and i also think he will prove many people wrong next season.
His 10 goals from 28 starts in league and cup last season compares well with anyone.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on May 18, 2015, 08:05:37 pm by glosterred »

If they're rubbish as you suggest, who is going to buy them?

COYR
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 08:08:24 pm by glosterred »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on May 18, 2015, 08:06:42 pm by drfchound »
I have a feeling Dickov will let Jones go, in fear of losing his job to him!

Jones retained and praised by PD for his input last season.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on May 18, 2015, 09:31:39 pm by since-1969 »
Jones staying It's more to do with Budget Constraints than anything else .

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on May 18, 2015, 09:33:36 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

If the budget was tight he wouldn't be....  What a ridiculous post that is.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on May 18, 2015, 10:32:12 pm by glosterred »

Why is it?

COYR

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on May 18, 2015, 11:37:18 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
I can't really say i disagree with any of the one's released, Wabara and Furman are the iffy one's, Wabara i see going somewhere else and playing better in the right formation.
Furman i don't see him playing any better than for us, he was one of our better players, but can you do better for his wages, which i expect to be one of the higher wages?, yes i think you can get better.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on May 19, 2015, 12:12:59 am by RobTheRover »
I think Stevens in out of contract next month aswell so it's definitely a possibility.

I was talking to Enda a couple of weeks ago.  Because the season at Villa runs for 3 weeks longer than ours he has he had to return to Villa and report to their squad.  Its just one of the vagaries of the different leagues.  Personally I wouldnt rule out him coming back permanently.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on May 19, 2015, 12:28:15 am by Bentley Bullet »
So what you're saying is we might not have heard the Enda Stevens?

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on May 19, 2015, 08:20:55 am by Rios »
I can't really say i disagree with any of the one's released, Wabara and Furman are the iffy one's, Wabara i see going somewhere else and playing better in the right formation.
Furman i don't see him playing any better than for us, he was one of our better players, but can you do better for his wages, which i expect to be one of the higher wages?, yes i think you can get better.

Wabara's problem is that Lund came in and did arguably a better job, especially defensively and he's much, much cheaper.

I've a horrible feeling that Dickov might try and persevere with Evina on the other side instead of getting Enda back...

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on May 19, 2015, 08:34:56 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Wabara's problem is that Lund came in and did arguably a better job, especially defensively and he's much, much cheaper.

I've a horrible feeling that Dickov might try and persevere with Evina on the other side instead of getting Enda back...

It depends on what the tactics will be. As a wing back he would be fine as a standard left back probably not.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on May 19, 2015, 08:57:18 am by wing commander »

Is getting Enda back such a good idea??? He is a decent defender but offers very little going forward..We are so predictable at Rovers..Teams know that if you cut Coppinger out and man mark Wellens we are done...We need more attacking options and I don't think Enda is the man to draw the midfielders and create space for the wide man infront of him when we bring it out from the back...We need something extra than him for me...

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on May 19, 2015, 09:28:29 am by jonnydog »
So what you're saying is we might not have heard the Enda Stevens?

Brilliant :thumbsup:

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on May 19, 2015, 11:21:37 am by Colemans Left Hook »
I think Stevens in out of contract next month aswell so it's definitely a possibility.

I was talking to Enda a couple of weeks ago.  Because the season at Villa runs for 3 weeks longer than ours he has he had to return to Villa and report to their squad.  Its just one of the vagaries of the different leagues.  Personally I wouldnt rule out him coming back permanently.

would be funny if he made the bench for that football match against Arsenal ????   now where is the match being played seem to have forgotten 

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on May 19, 2015, 12:04:49 pm by The Red Baron »

would be funny if he made the bench for that football match against Arsenal ????   now where is the match being played seem to have forgotten 

Might be difficult as he is Cup-tied.

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on May 19, 2015, 10:11:54 pm by Askern_reds »
went posh game away I liked the look of the little black lad can't rember is name? wouldn't he make a good replacement for furman,

TinyPortal © 2005-2012