Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 08:06:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sunderland  (Read 23692 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Sunderland
« Reply #90 on July 29, 2015, 04:35:39 pm by drfchound »
On the subject of it going quiet about potential signings, well no one knew that Stuckman or Chaplow were coming did they so maybe no news is good news.
A week is a long time in football.
Good players don't need long to gel with new colleagues.

As for suggesting that Copps is injury prone well I can't agree with that.
Ok he missed a few games last season after getting done at Chesterfield but his record prior to that is good.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on July 29, 2015, 04:40:55 pm by PDX_Rover »
Dick Advocaat... Sounds like a dodgy penile emission.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on July 29, 2015, 04:54:59 pm by Copps is Magic »
Or Dave Kitson's lawyer.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on July 29, 2015, 05:07:39 pm by graingrover »
De Val is much better player than Conference level but he was not in the right environment and will flourish now he has a contract with Sabadell back home in Cataluna . We should stick with developing our own youths in the environment they know with friends and family around to support them and with no social nor linguistic issues to make integration more difficult.However Cantona understood Ferguson or De Val understood PD beats me!

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on July 30, 2015, 03:09:42 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Dick Advocaat... Sounds like a dodgy penile emission.

Or a ''Topcat lawyer''!, We are four players short of the squad we will need for the season at the minute, Right back-1, Left Winger-1, Central Midfield-1, Striker-1, and come to think of it who is the cover for Coppinger on the right?, it could be five we need!.
There is still time, plus the loan market, we have enough to start the season, a few injuries though then you have to be brave and put the kids in.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on July 30, 2015, 03:30:51 am by bpoolrover »
Name me 1 competitive game de val proved that

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on July 30, 2015, 06:35:50 am by coventryrover »
Not sure in agree,yes the 1st 11 is prob better but the squad is no better at the moment,as far as the youngsters go we have no idea if any are good enough,they need to be loaned out to league clubs and gain experience

Why should we loan them out?  We are in L1, get them blooded in the first team

bally1950

« Reply #97 on July 30, 2015, 07:35:49 am by bally1950 »
On last night's performance, I think that the most improved person on that pitch was a certain.

James Adcock

Our usual Nemesis whenever he referees a game at Donny, Yes he allowed Sunderland to take quick free kicks behind his back but then bent the rules to allow Donny to take one ten yards from where he gave it, he used (dare I say) Common Sense with players such as block tacklers Wellens and Jones.

For once I take my hat off to him, I could not believe it was the same man.  He must have left his "I hate Donny " hat at home thankfully
 :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa:

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on July 30, 2015, 08:02:28 am by graingrover »
Praise for our SLO's ( again ) on the Sunderland forum.
"Doncaster Rovers Supporters Liaison Officer (IIRC). Posted a thread yesterday explaining stuff, giving options where to eat drink, travel etc. Seems a pretty reasonable idea seeing as I never recall it being done by a club official previously on here."

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/a-massive-thank-you-from-doncaster.1110774/#ixzz3hM7JyhZG

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on July 30, 2015, 09:36:07 am by bpoolrover »
Coventry,because the majority of them played no 1st team football last season,it's all very well having them on the bench now and again but they need to make the step up playing against men not boys

TinyPortal © 2005-2012