Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 08:28:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Main scores again.  (Read 23802 times)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: Main scores again.
« Reply #30 on April 09, 2016, 09:09:50 pm by Chris Black come back »
You have to admit at Ferguson hasn't seen his teams hammered. They have almost all been defeats by a single goal, two at most.

That aside, the form is absolutely and utterly humiliating. Really embarrassing for our club.

I just don't see how Ferguson can ever credibly recover from this. He wil be seen as a record loser.

Folk can trot out how Alex Ferguson went on a bad run and then eventually came good. Check the facts out though - Alex F cannot ever have been on such an utterly desperate run as his son? Truly embarrassing.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 09, 2016, 09:12:50 pm by drfchound »
I did this sketch last week.
Around 40% of all games won or lost are won or lost by a one goal margin.
It is not uncommon to lose by just one goal.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 09, 2016, 10:58:45 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
With every week that goes by, i see Ferguson not having a clue how to change things for the better, so why should he be trusted with the top budget in league two(changed to competitive when we are half way down the league)?.
Bad decision to let him go to a fellow struggler, but which other clubs would have wanted him?. He has played his part in Oldham having a chance of staying up. Long term it's a good decision for him to go, i think we will just have to swallow the short term s..t it has created.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on April 09, 2016, 11:19:26 pm by Pancho Regan »
I'm pleased for Curtis that he's scoring goals.
I was amongst the few who always rated him and I was sorry to see him leave.

We won't go down because of Curtis, but I'm sorry he's not with our squad now. This does seem another bizarre chapter in a truly astonishing story of our collapse towards relegation.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 10, 2016, 10:32:08 pm by pib »
I wonder how many of the people saying we should've kept Main were part of the crowd jeering and booing him every time he went near the pitch when he was here.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 10, 2016, 11:37:39 pm by RedJ »
Well let's be honest, while I never personally jeered or booed him, could you blame them? he was shite and put in less effort than a f**king crippled moose.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on April 11, 2016, 08:52:48 am by idler »
I never booed or jeered him but did get frustrated with him showing the odd flash of skill followed usually by taking the wrong option,losing the ball or putting it into the stand.
He never showed nearly enough consistency in his time with us and never did enough to earn a regular starting place.
However bad a striker is he will score a goal or two. Unfortunately for us his have come for a relegation rival. That fact is down purely to the manager letting him go there with a crazy recall option.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on April 11, 2016, 01:47:52 pm by IDM »
I always defended Main and said on here that I don't think he is "shite"..

He isn't or he wouldn't be a pro.   He was very inconsistent with us yet last season scored 10 goals.  I also always said he needs a run of games to work on consistency.. Did he get that with us??  A few excellent games and more where he looked like a pub player.

He is playing regularly with Oldham and by all accounts doing well.  More fool us for not managing him properly and not being able to recall him..

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on April 11, 2016, 02:10:42 pm by Mike_F »
With every week that goes by, i see Ferguson not having a clue how to change things for the better

I did also hear that he gave the players a chance to prove that they could come up with a better plan in training then spat his dummy out when they suggested trying something different to his (clearly failing) tactics and took it as a personal insult.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on April 11, 2016, 04:37:53 pm by Sad-Rovers »
With every week that goes by, i see Ferguson not having a clue how to change things for the better

I did also hear that he gave the players a chance to prove that they could come up with a better plan in training then spat his dummy out when they suggested trying something different to his (clearly failing) tactics and took it as a personal insult.

That's about the eighth time I've heard that from different, unconnected people.

Summat isn't right at DRFC, is it?

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on April 11, 2016, 05:11:31 pm by Lesonthewest »
He is Lewis Guy 2 is our Curtis, runs about aimlessly, goes down easily, bottles challenges. Does the odd good thing & scores the odd goal, that's it. I am not surprised Fergy wanted shut. I am amazed a club in the same league wanted him.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on April 11, 2016, 07:40:36 pm by drfchound »
Les, out of interest, isnt that just like most of our other players are doing just now?

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on April 11, 2016, 09:16:56 pm by Lesonthewest »
Les, out of interest, isnt that just like most of our other players are doing just now?
It is drfchound to an extent, don't think they could be accused of shirking challenges though. The difference is he was doing these things when we were playing decent & picking up results. I always supported him on the field, but in the game against Gillingham when he had chance to prove his worth he was awful, coupled with pulling out of the header that lead to there second goal early in the 2nd half, that was it for me.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on April 11, 2016, 10:33:30 pm by Draytonian III »
But a brilliant piece of management loaning one of our players to a rival with another superb clause in it. It doesn't matter if a player scores 9 goals or plays as a full back why on earth would a club do such a thing . Well done Daddy's little soldier another expect decision to go along with your tactics and loan signings

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on April 12, 2016, 12:36:01 am by Canadian Rover »

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on April 12, 2016, 12:54:07 am by Sammy Chung was King »

That's not good if true, you have to treat them like men, they have to be able to have opinions, of course Fergie is the boss, but sometimes they might see something he doesn't.
You need good characters, those who give an opinion but don't sulk if it's not accepted, but the manager has to realise that nobody is always right.
I understand him going to his 3-5-2 because that formation was used when we had a good run, but if there are enough players uncomfortable with it, then as manager you have to find a compromise.
Personally i don't think the formations are the problem, the problem is mainly week after week not enough players have been on form at the same time, and in a league where there is so little between sides, it's led us to the position we deserve, the table doesn't lie.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on April 12, 2016, 08:08:46 am by hoolahoop »

That's about the eighth time I've heard that from different, unconnected people.

Summat isn't right at DRFC, is it?

I've heard that too ! Who starts these "rumours" do they come from supporters, backroom staff or players with an axe to grind ?

Far too many negative rumours emanate from the club and far too often or do they come from our supporters ?
If it isn't about the manager, individual players, the owners,  the stadium then it would be about the KM stray cat etc.

We have always , like other clubs,  been full of rumours only trouble is they tend to be negative one's. :(

We are certainly a lively if not negative bunch on the whole.lol

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on April 12, 2016, 08:20:55 am by The Red Baron »
I can't believe that everything behind the scenes is hunky-dory. The thing about that particular rumour (which I confess I hadn't heard) is that it fits with a couple of narratives. Of players who are unwilling to knuckle down and get on with the job, and of a dogmatic manager with a thin skin.

You do wonder which came first? The perceived narratives or the rumour?

Maybe the best solution is a good clear-out of management and players in the close season.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on April 12, 2016, 09:38:54 am by Mike_F »
It wouldn't take Stephen Hawking to figure out my source but that "rumour" (and much more besides) has led me to lose all faith in DF.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on April 12, 2016, 10:55:15 am by Colin C No.3 »
He's the worst manager I've witnessed since the 97/98 season. Truly awful

I know.

Why oh why did we let Paul Dickov go just when he was on the verge of great things.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on April 12, 2016, 08:24:00 pm by Chris Black come back »
You couldn't have dreamed up a scenario more likely to put us in the shit.

- Trying to fit players who patently don't fit into the formation, into a brand new formation

- Constant shuffling of players in the team, no side ever the same two weeks running.

- Succession of destabilising short term loans of mainly young, inexperienced players put straight into team.

- Very few experienced players at the club.

- Players dropped immediately (often during the game) for the slightest misfortune or abberation.

Any surprise we are drowning in the doo doo?

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on April 12, 2016, 09:30:46 pm by mushRTID »
Scored again. 3 in 3.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on April 12, 2016, 09:31:30 pm by Sad-Rovers »
Main will be ace for us in L2 next season...

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on April 12, 2016, 09:32:49 pm by mushRTID »
How awkward is day 1 of pre season going to be if Ferguson stays and Main returns haha
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 09:35:44 pm by mushRTID »

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on April 12, 2016, 09:54:02 pm by hoolahoop »
How awkward is day 1 of pre season going to be if Ferguson stays and Main returns haha

Not very but I would hope that both will have learnt something about the other.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on April 12, 2016, 09:55:01 pm by mushRTID »
Not very? Do you not think?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on April 12, 2016, 09:57:39 pm by Chris Black come back »
Many folk might think it would be good for all involved if neither were at the club come August.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on April 12, 2016, 10:00:59 pm by mushRTID »
Yeah I know mate, but I predict both will.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on April 12, 2016, 10:07:22 pm by wilts rover »

About the as it will be when he runs out in a Doncaster Rovers shirt for the first game of next season and certain people wont be able to decide whether to boo or not.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on April 12, 2016, 10:22:45 pm by ravenrover »
It will go something like "feck off and train with the kids C#%t and while you are at it tell your agent to find you a new club" but it wont happen CM will be long gone as might DF

TinyPortal © 2005-2012