Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 08:41:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sold Out?  (Read 3271 times)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
Sold Out?
« on May 07, 2024, 05:36:24 pm by Alan Southstand »
On twitter I’m seeing sold out for Friday. If that’s right, that is tremendous backing for the team and Club.

We’ll done everyone.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Nudga

• Forum Member
Re: Sold Out?
« Reply #1 on May 07, 2024, 05:39:22 pm by Nudga »
Found another 7.

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 07, 2024, 05:39:48 pm by johnny rovers »
On twitter I’m seeing sold out for Friday. If that’s right, that is tremendous backing for the team and Club.

We’ll done everyone.

An deservedly so. The Doncaster public must pay the going rate to watch it's team. Gone are the days of reduced ticket prices. Well done for everyone spending their hard earned money. It will be worth every penny I'm sure!

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 07, 2024, 05:44:15 pm by Upton Rover »
1 ticket left

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 07, 2024, 05:44:51 pm by Copps is Magic »
Hope there's nothing daft like advertising netting blocking potential fans getting in the ground.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 07, 2024, 06:10:14 pm by Draytonian III »
Or bloody Sky trucks

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 07, 2024, 06:34:25 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Showing sold out

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 07, 2024, 06:46:50 pm by philsky »
One ticket in E45 - be quick :-)

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 07, 2024, 07:03:21 pm by The Beast »
I’ve always found it quite soothing in that block!

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 07, 2024, 07:07:25 pm by philsky »
I’ve always found it quite soothing in that block!

It's gone so none left ?

What happens if Crewe return some ?

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 08, 2024, 09:16:51 am by karldew »
Officially announced as a sell out

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 08, 2024, 09:22:10 am by ian1980 »
Announced on Facebook:

Avsuptem

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 08, 2024, 09:22:29 am by Avsuptem »
Officially announced as a sell out

Bloody marvelous !

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 08, 2024, 09:35:56 am by normal rules »
Credit to the staff in the TO. I bet they have had a dogs life the last couple weeks.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 08, 2024, 09:54:13 am by mushRTID »
The Grant McCann effect!

What a man....and what a job he has done on and off the pitch for this club.

And well done to the people of Doncaster. I honestly didn't think the interest would be there for more than a 12k attendance.

We've officially got our club back guys after recent years of pain!

Is it Friday yet?

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 08, 2024, 10:05:57 am by philsky »
The Grant McCann effect!

What a man....and what a job he has done on and off the pitch for this club.

And well done to the people of Doncaster. I honestly didn't think the interest would be there for more than a 12k attendance.

We've officially got our club back guys after recent years of pain!

Is it Friday yet?

I read somewhere that the attendance is likely to be more that the home leg vs Charlton on the L1 play off semi.

Did I also read that the 'Home' attendance could well be the highest at the stadium ?

DRFC_AjA

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 08, 2024, 10:11:02 am by DRFC_AjA »
So in the end well done to the club for how they prioritised sales.

STH then members then those with a history 1 each and still the club has sold out. It didn't suit everyone and the "but my gran went in 1991 and can't get a ticket" etc brigade but you never will suit everyone

Rather it sell out knowing the ground is full of people who've been before then had it been free for all and buy as many as you like on general sale

brantonman

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 08, 2024, 10:13:36 am by brantonman »
Fantastic news for the club and the players.
It will be a great memory for all those attending

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 08, 2024, 10:34:15 am by ChrisBx »
Back at Christmas, who'd have thought we'd be going into a home 2nd leg in the play offs in front of a sell out crowd and with a 2 goal advantage?

Just bonkers.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on May 08, 2024, 11:58:26 am by Superspy »
'bonkers' is a good word for it. I've literally just booked Wembley parking and said to the wife that it's insane to think this is even a thing to consider given where we were in Feb.

I'm happy to admit when we were about 3 or 4 wins into the run I was one of the people saying "we need to win every game to get in the playoffs and there's absolutely no chance we're going to do that". I honestly thought our upturn in form was about half a dozen games late. I just wanted decent form carrying into next season. I just simply didn't believe this was possible. But here we are.

I was at Wembley for the Leeds match, I was at Brentford, I was at the Millenium for the JPT win...and I have NEVER completely and utterly lost my shit the way I did when the 3rd goal went in against Barrow a couple of weeks back. What a ride.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 08, 2024, 12:01:20 pm by normal rules »
There were quite a few who lost their shit when the goals went in at Crewe. It wasn’t really caught on TV due to where the cameras were sited .

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on May 08, 2024, 12:03:01 pm by Superspy »
Indeed. Would have loved to have been there but alas, wasn't practical for me this time, for a host of reasons. Fingers crossed for a carnival atmosphere on Friday night!

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on May 08, 2024, 12:29:24 pm by Prez »
I posted on another thread about 5 days ago regarding the ticketing issues saying relax it will not sell out. I was wrong and I’m delighted that I was wrong. Incredible as others have posted that this will surpass the Charlton attendance.

Just eating some humble pie now and it tastes good.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 08, 2024, 02:45:13 pm by Metalmicky »
I truly hope that the expectancy of some... I've just booked my train ticket/ parking at Wembley etc...doesn’t come back to bite anyone in the bum.... I went to see Forest play Yeovil in 2007 and know that nothing is decided yet....

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on May 08, 2024, 02:48:16 pm by danumdon »
Fantastic effort from the club to get this sorted and it being a sell out.

Does anyone know what constitutes a sell out these days?

I know it won't be the 15260 odd that was the original stadium design and also the changes in the south west corner with the new scoreboard, so it wont be the 15002 from the Leeds match.

Im thinking that electronic advertising boards for TV adverting will also impact the final total, so it will be interesting to know what capacity we now have going forwards.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 08, 2024, 02:57:06 pm by pib »
Fantastic effort from the club to get this sorted and it being a sell out.

Does anyone know what constitutes a sell out these days?

I know it won't be the 15260 odd that was the original stadium design and also the changes in the south west corner with the new scoreboard, so it wont be the 15002 from the Leeds match.

Im thinking that electronic advertising boards for TV adverting will also impact the final total, so it will be interesting to know what capacity we now have going forwards.

I'm obviously not ITK and willing to be corrected, but as a bit of a saddo who keeps an eye on these things, I think home sales in the bowl itself (so excluding corporates) will be something between 11900-12200. Add on 1500 Crewe fans and however many fit in boxes/hospitality I'm guessing we'll be looking at a gate in the region of 13500, perhaps close to 14000.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on May 08, 2024, 03:36:10 pm by ravenrover »
Don't forget about the number of seats taken up by the tv cameras around the ground

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on May 08, 2024, 03:41:01 pm by philsky »
'bonkers' is a good word for it. I've literally just booked Wembley parking and said to the wife that it's insane to think this is even a thing to consider given where we were in Feb.

I'm happy to admit when we were about 3 or 4 wins into the run I was one of the people saying "we need to win every game to get in the playoffs and there's absolutely no chance we're going to do that". I honestly thought our upturn in form was about half a dozen games late. I just wanted decent form carrying into next season. I just simply didn't believe this was possible. But here we are.

I was at Wembley for the Leeds match, I was at Brentford, I was at the Millenium for the JPT win...and I have NEVER completely and utterly lost my shit the way I did when the 3rd goal went in against Barrow a couple of weeks back. What a ride.

Hey Chris - if someone said what would pan out it'd be a straight jacket for them !

Wow; I was at all them too and yes, the goal at Barrow was pretty special, maybe even surpassed Greg's second at Mansfield !!

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on May 08, 2024, 05:37:36 pm by Janso »
I truly hope that the expectancy of some... I've just booked my train ticket/ parking at Wembley etc...doesn’t come back to bite anyone in the bum.... I went to see Forest play Yeovil in 2007 and know that nothing is decided yet....

I'd suspect the being tight Yorkshire bas**rds have had something to say in these actions - I myself have booked parking with the added option to cancel before all the cheap spots on YPS vanish and then if we don't make it can get all but £1.50 back.  :lol:

West Stand Willy

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 08, 2024, 06:22:14 pm by West Stand Willy »

Hey Chris - if someone said what would pan out it'd be a straight jacket for them !

Wow; I was at all them too and yes, the goal at Barrow was pretty special, maybe even surpassed Greg's second at Mansfield !!
I was in the directors box that day at Mansfield and nearly got asked to leave when Greg got the second. I leapt out of my seat punching the air and shouting YES at the top of my voice. Think a few G&Ts were spilt. Ha Ha.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012