Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 10:52:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tonight I saw......  (Read 4697 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Tonight I saw......
« on February 01, 2011, 10:20:04 pm by Filo »
Hunger, desire, determination, grit, skill, all things that were missing from the Barnsley game, special praise for Hird, Keegan and Copps, Hird shading the MoM for me!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Drover

• Forum Member
Re:Tonight I saw......
« Reply #1 on February 01, 2011, 10:24:08 pm by Drover »
Maybe they felt more confident that our goalie would'nt concede easy goals tonight?  :unsure:

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 01, 2011, 10:24:49 pm by vaya »
.....in other words we seem to have developed collective knackers since Barnsley.

I also didn't see their keeper sent off for handball.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 01, 2011, 10:26:01 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Team ethic, fight, battle in midfield.  Midfield has been the weakness and Keegan/Stock protected the back 4, broke up play and allowed Oster/Copps and the full backs on the attack.  Much more balance.  Big praise all round.  Defence looked good and Souza was the right man to come on and head everything at the end.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 01, 2011, 10:27:46 pm by drfcsteve »
Thought Hird was fantastic, won everything. Agree that Copps and Keegan were brilliant, but what about out midfield master, Brian Stock, tonight showed to me just how important he is to us.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 01, 2011, 10:27:53 pm by Superspy »
absolutely brilliant performance. not as fluid as we are at our best, but i'd gladly sacrifice a bit of fluidity to see the players WANTING it that much every game!

every player out there tonight can be proud of how they played in my eyes, actually getting stuck in and working hard OFF the ball is something we've come up short on for the last few matches, so thank god they went for it tonight.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 01, 2011, 10:31:41 pm by Filo »
big fat yorkshire pudding wrote:
Team ethic, fight, battle in midfield.  Midfield has been the weakness and Keegan/Stock protected the back 4, broke up play and allowed Oster/Copps and the full backs on the attack.  Much more balance.  Big praise all round.  Defence looked good and Souza was the right man to come on and head everything at the end.

Keegan sitting in there, allowed Stock to be more creative further up field!

Even Copps didn`t pull out of tackles!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 01, 2011, 10:34:36 pm by RedJ »
Tonight, I actually thought Rainbow George was GOOD. And we all know what I think of him. Not OK, not decent, actually GOOD.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 01, 2011, 10:40:06 pm by BobG »
Wonder how Benaldo will describe Hird tonight.........?

Glad George did well. Although he's not impressed so far, I've always thought that he must have something (surely!) since SOD doesn't sign donkeys too often. So I've always remained hopeful. if he does make it, his height and his crossing will both be big assets.

Cheers

BobG

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 01, 2011, 10:46:51 pm by RedJ »
I thought he actually looked decent in that short stint he had on the wing tonight (whether or not he was meant to be on the wing I don't know!)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 01, 2011, 10:59:04 pm by Filo »
RedJ wrote:
Tonight, I actually thought Rainbow George was GOOD. And we all know what I think of him. Not OK, not decent, actually GOOD.

Yep georgeous George put in a shift as well, Brooker also looked pretty lively

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 01, 2011, 11:01:18 pm by Donnywolf »
Superspy wrote:
absolutely brilliant performance. not as fluid as we are at our best, but i'd gladly sacrifice a bit of fluidity to see the players WANTING it that much every game!

every player out there tonight can be proud of how they played in my eyes, actually getting stuck in and working hard OFF the ball is something we've come up short on for the last few matches, so thank god they went for it tonight.

I am with Superspy 110%

... and Hird MOM by a whisker - what a great tackle bung on half way line.

VikingJames

« Reply #12 on February 01, 2011, 11:12:01 pm by VikingJames »
Agree 100% with the OP.

Even if we'd drawn that game tonight, everyone will have walked away from the KM pleased, because it looked like the fight and courage was back.

Stock made a massive difference in the middle and Keegan was very good, especially first half. The two centre backs were superb all game long, and Brooks put in a good shift in the 2nd half.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 01, 2011, 11:23:25 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Some more of that please.

That's what get crowds on their feet. As much as we like to see the fancy stuff it's equally satisfying to see the tackles, blocks and tenacity.

Agree that Hird and JOC were great and Stock with Keegan provided a screen for the back 4.

We'll forgive Oster and Copps poor play in the final third as it was made up by their hard work and great to see Copps getting stuck in.

Also well done Woods and Brooker.

Big lad up front

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 01, 2011, 11:37:55 pm by Big lad up front »
There were so many baldies on the pitch in the hoops tonight, i thought for a minute youd got a game Barry

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 01, 2011, 11:41:24 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Oi! Shouldn't you be in bed with a cup of cocoa.

I reckon I could pass for Steve Brooker the next time he's injured. Better book the coach for Millwall !!

DadsleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 01, 2011, 11:53:54 pm by DadsleyRover »
A good 8 performance for the whole team made me feel very proud after the Barnsley game.

Game On Back on Track

Congratulations to the squad keep it up.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 02, 2011, 12:08:56 am by Lesonthewest »
Fantastic performance to a man, we showed real character & togetherness out there tonight. Wouldn't like to single out one player as they all deserve massive credit, but just a mention for Brian Stock, that was a real captains display. Congratulations to the players & management, brilliant stuff.

DRFCTom

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 02, 2011, 12:15:12 am by DRFCTom »
Paul Keegan, the new Roy Keane!? He was NOT afraid of getting a foot in, brilliant!

Old Popsider

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 02, 2011, 12:19:14 am by Old Popsider »
All these comments bode well for Saturday's game. Let's hope for another clean sheet.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 02, 2011, 12:38:06 am by RobTheRover »
I was surprised a little at how bloody dirty Burnley were.  Filthy Lanc Buggers.

I had to laugh, walking back round the lake with a couple of really fat Burnley fans gasping for breath behind me, saying \"We made Donny look good tonight.  Bloody glad we didnt get O'Driscoll if thats how bad his teams play!\"

PMSL!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on February 02, 2011, 06:25:38 am by Donnywolf »
... THE BEST goal scored by an away Player at the Keepmoat an unstoppable, superbly placed and powerful header

So Gold Medal   Duff (Burnley)
   Silver Medal Nenad Milijas (Wolves)
   Bronze Medal (Martin Woods - then Rotherham United)

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 02, 2011, 06:43:13 am by roversdude »
Our long term injured players did us proud Stock MOM for me, Brooker (I admit I doubted he would ever play again) looked up for it, don't think he is a winger though
Sam Hird class.
JO looked out of sorts
Copps glimpes of brilliance tainted by an inability to cross (exception of the goal of course), I feared the worse when the dirty lanc bstrd took him out in front of west stand

well done lads

bit of atmosphere in the ground as well, decent turn out by away fans, brought more than sheff u and made more noise than barnserly

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on February 02, 2011, 08:16:27 am by Superspy »
and if the lads keep playing with that kind of fire (when it comes to trying to get the ball back), the atmosphere will only get better.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 02, 2011, 04:47:29 pm by RedJ »
For a Tuesday night match, it was buzzing in the SS (in my opinion anyway).

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on February 02, 2011, 05:09:04 pm by i_ateallthepies »
BobG wrote:
Wonder how Benaldo will describe Hird tonight.........?

Glad George did well. Although he's not impressed so far, I've always thought that he must have something (surely!) since SOD doesn't sign donkeys too often. So I've always remained hopeful. if he does make it, his height and his crossing will both be big assets.

Cheers

BobG

Think he must have been sat a couple of rows behind me last night...  Amidst a storming performance from Sam he had one moment of indecision when he found he wasn't going to make it to a high ball punted in his direction, so he let it bounce and had to track back to clear as a striker was chasing it down, and sure enough some loony behind me (benaldo no doubt) gave him a hurl of abuse and then went quiet when I turned round to give him my opinion.

It's such an easy thing to do is playing Championship football flawlessly eh? FFS, as 'supporters' all we have to do is turn up and give our vocal encouragement and some fcuking numpties can't even manage that!!!!!

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on February 03, 2011, 12:39:34 pm by ravenrover »
Well it's now Thursday, incidently the 1st time I've been able to access the site....server problems?, and still no signe of Benaldo.
I'd have thought he would have been on by now spitting feathers about Sam getting skinned on the halfway line late in the 2nd half but when you are as \"bad a player\" as Sam in some peoples opinion you would expect it, That IMHO was one of his few mistakes all night and I thought he had a stormer as did ALL the defence. What a difference Stock made and after what I thought was fairly poor showing against Barnsely when he came on I thought that Keagan looked very comfortable playing with Stock. That was the sort of performance by the whole team against what is a good Burnley team, to get the atmosphere going at the KM
\"Ovverall Seth it were massive praise for t'Rovers toneet\"

TinyPortal © 2005-2012