Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 10:54:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Gone in the morning  (Read 5427 times)

I-was-there1976

Gone in the morning
« on January 16, 2012, 04:54:59 pm by I-was-there1976 »
The administrators have released all the playing staff at Darlo and their manager.

Could be their last day as a club

Another one bites the dust

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Gone in the morning
« Reply #1 on January 16, 2012, 04:57:27 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Massive shame :(

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 16, 2012, 05:22:10 pm by Spud »
:( :(  :(

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 16, 2012, 05:36:53 pm by Standanista »
Not good.

There but for the grace of God...

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 16, 2012, 05:41:23 pm by esdailles left foot »
All the best Darlo remember some great times standing at feethams, but that new stadium was crazy.

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 16, 2012, 05:51:20 pm by Chris »
Is it the cost of that new stadium which is crippling them?

Really feel for the fans.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 16, 2012, 05:57:50 pm by coventryrover »
Absolutely bobbins.

Small clubs go bust whilst players being paid 200k per week.  No wonder I am falling out of love with football.  Where is the balance ?

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 16, 2012, 06:08:58 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Quote from: \"coventryrover\" post=212967
Absolutely bobbins.

Small clubs go bust whilst players being paid 200k per week.  No wonder I am falling out of love with football.  Where is the balance ?

Exactly why I despise SKY/ The Premier League and what it has done to the National Game in this country.....it takes all the money / rewards and gives bugger all back.

How people can claim the likes of Rooney et al deserve every penny and work really hard is laughable.

Put it this way...this would not be allowed to happen to one of the 'big' Premier League teams, where a 'crisis' amount to two defeats in a row and not spending £20 million plus in a transfer window.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 16, 2012, 06:17:25 pm by PDX_Rover »
Very sad.  Could have been us but for a committed set of supports and one John Ryan.

Sad to see Darlo go.  Hope they bounce back in some form like Aldershot, the real Wimbledon and so on.

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 16, 2012, 07:07:54 pm by Surrey Rover »
16 years ago this evening, Darlington 1 Rovers 2 Matt Carmichael with the winner, I think that was our final victory at the Feethams.

silent majority

• VSC Member

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 16, 2012, 07:31:13 pm by hoolahoop »
Massive shame I echo the comments above re. the Prem and Sky destroying the game...........feel for those lads and lasses.:(

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 16, 2012, 07:31:50 pm by glosterred »
Probably for the best - now they can be reborn as AFC Darlington, away from the millstone that has caused their demise.

:scarf:

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 16, 2012, 07:40:04 pm by southwestexile »
Sad news indeed

As for overpaid footballers and SKY's influence on the game, simple - just don't feed it.  Avoid buying into the Murdoch empire in any of it's forms.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 16, 2012, 07:44:19 pm by Filo »
If every over paid premiership player donated £10K of their wages this week, it would buy Darlo a bit of time to try and find an investor, the players would n`t miss it, would they?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 16, 2012, 07:48:09 pm by hoolahoop »
Sadly swe that won't stop this juggernaut from strangling the life out of our national game.
Greedy Prem. teams have a lot to answer for too.........I spit on you .

streatham dave

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 16, 2012, 07:55:55 pm by streatham dave »
They have until Wednesday to see if they can honour this weekends fixture. Youth team still going to exist as it is funded till end of the season. Why can't the youth team play the away matches. Maybe a nearby club (Newcastle/Sunderland/ Middlesbrough/Hartlepool/Gateshead)help them rearrange home fixtures to their ground midweeks. Even us or York /Hull if push came to a shove. If fixtures can be completed it would at least buy them time. Weekends game vs Fleetwood at 'home'.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 16, 2012, 08:15:28 pm by wilts rover »
Quote from: \"Surrey Rover\" post=212980
16 years ago this evening, Darlington 1 Rovers 2 Matt Carmichael with the winner, I think that was our final victory at the Feethams.

always one of my favourite away games, that little sports club where you could see most of the match from the window
anyone remember the last game there in the relegation season, think it was 5-0 or something, Richardson was chased out of the ground and I think that was the last game he attended in person?

good luck darlo

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 16, 2012, 08:21:00 pm by RTID75 »
Very sad if they go. I feel so bad for the fans. :(

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 16, 2012, 08:39:52 pm by CJK »
Perfectly positioned on the East Coast Mainline, a great shame we don't play them anymore and certainly not bound to in the future as it looks. That daft stadium seems to have contributed to their downfall.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 16, 2012, 09:55:47 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Quote from: \"southwestexile\" post=212987
Sad news indeed

As for overpaid footballers and SKY's influence on the game, simple - just don't feed it.  Avoid buying into the Murdoch empire in any of it's forms.

Exactly - and proud to say I do just that.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 16, 2012, 10:09:21 pm by not on facebook »
recall back in 1980's when rovers were due to play at darlo and game got called off
due to the bad fog.

there was about 10 of us in this very small white honda type of van.

two in the front and 8 of us in back basically laid on top of each other so we could all
cram in.

van broke down on the A1 somewhere a tad out of darlo as we was heading back to donny
after finding out game was off.

3 or 4 of us were had us were trying to workout what was wrong with the van whilst others were in the back or fcuking about near by.

the rovers coach drives by us and colin dougless spots us from the rovers coach window.

coach then stops and colin asks if we have problems.

yes we do colin our van is fcuked

he then says well what yer waiting for get on the team bus.

thing is he saht him sen when rest of lads got out of back of van and the lads that were
fcuking ab about in the near by fields all got on the team bus.

all the players were pissing them sens on how many we had in back of that small van.

RedJ

• Forum Member
Darlo Appeal
« Reply #22 on January 16, 2012, 10:41:01 pm by RedJ »
For any of you who want to donate to try and keep them going (or give money to help with the rebuilding) send your PayPal donations to -

scott@ukrivals.net

From the Darlouncovered site.

silent majority

• VSC Member

I-was-there1976

Re: Darlo Appeal
« Reply #24 on January 17, 2012, 07:23:27 am by I-was-there1976 »
Who's got SKY then ?

When JR gets to the Premier League and the cheque from SKY comes thru the letterbox for 70 million i hope he bloody well rips it up.

I tell ya its all SKY's fault

and Richard Keys

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 17, 2012, 09:15:45 am by wilts rover »
Quote from: \"oslorovers\" post=213033
recall back in 1980's when rovers were due to play at darlo and game got called off
due to the bad fog.

there was about 10 of us in this very small white honda type of van.

two in the front and 8 of us in back basically laid on top of each other so we could all
cram in.

van broke down on the A1 somewhere a tad out of darlo as we was heading back to donny
after finding out game was off.

3 or 4 of us were had us were trying to workout what was wrong with the van whilst others were in the back or fcuking about near by.

the rovers coach drives by us and colin dougless spots us from the rovers coach window.

coach then stops and colin asks if we have problems.

yes we do colin our van is fcuked

he then says well what yer waiting for get on the team bus.

thing is he saht him sen when rest of lads got out of back of van and the lads that were
fcuking ab about in the near by fields all got on the team bus.

all the players were pissing them sens on how many we had in back of that small van.

You sure that was Darlo, Oslo rather than Hartlepools? Reason I ask is that I remember a game at Hartlepools being called off around the same time, me and our kid were driving up the A1 wondering if the game would be on when the team bus passed us going the other way - it'll be off then. So we went to watch Darlo play Lincoln, I think it was, instead.

WorcestershireDan

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 17, 2012, 01:31:30 pm by WorcestershireDan »
Feltham a great place to go Great fans, banter terific so sad  :cry: :(

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 17, 2012, 01:40:47 pm by benaldo »
Good jail there too.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on January 17, 2012, 07:37:16 pm by ravenrover »
What really annoys me about all this is the fact that the like of Leeds, Portsmouth and how many others simply welsh on their creditors, go into admin do a deal with the tax people - which you or I would never be able to do, Oh I'll pay you 1p in the £ of all the tax I owe you OK? - but the likes of Darlington end up down the pan Darlo probably a different kettle of fish to the above mentioned but still a great shame.

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on January 18, 2012, 09:50:16 am by Rios »
Quote from: \"ravenrover\" post=213174
What really annoys me about all this is the fact that the like of Leeds, Portsmouth and how many others simply welsh on their creditors, go into admin do a deal with the tax people - which you or I would never be able to do, Oh I'll pay you 1p in the £ of all the tax I owe you OK? - but the likes of Darlington end up down the pan Darlo probably a different kettle of fish to the above mentioned but still a great shame.

Err, the likes of?  We did the same thing when we went into admin during the Richardson period.  We would have gone the same way as Darlo, Chester, Halifax and Scarborough if JR hadn't been waiting in the wings as only a fan and not a normal business man would have dealt with Richardson.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012