Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 02:02:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: James Husband  (Read 5505 times)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
James Husband
« on August 19, 2013, 03:14:09 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Reflecting on Friday's performance, he seems to have grown in confidence from the first couple of games. As the game progressed he became more assertive in his play and showed more of what we know he can do.

And, I think there's more to come. The free kick and the goal. Did you see how he pinged those left foot deliveries in with the greatest of ease. Just like hitting a golf shot on the sweet spot.

I saw an interview with PD at the training ground a couple of weeks back and in the background there were 2 players practising free kicks. Cotterill was easy to pick out but I wasn't sure who the other was but now I'm convinced it was Hubby.

To have 2 players at set-pieces, one left and one right footer, with that sort of delivery has got to bear fruit through the course of the season. I'm impressed that Cotterill is not hogging the dead balls and it would surprise me to see Hubby having a crack at goal in the very near future.

With confidence improving, I'm sure we'll see a few driving runs towards the box and if he unleashes that left foot then we could be in for a treat.

Go on my son!!   

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Re: James Husband
« Reply #1 on August 19, 2013, 03:20:10 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I think Cotts has been giving him guidance and helping teach Husband with the free kicks. I'm sure Cotts isn't fussed anyway, he's got 3 assists in 3 games.

Our own Gareth Bale coming along nicely. He should easily be the England U20 or U19 squad.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 19, 2013, 03:22:32 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
"He should easily be the England U20 or U19 squad."

How proud would be be if that happened. :thumbsup:

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 19, 2013, 03:31:29 pm by jonnydog »
It makes you wonder why Bennett appears to be struggling to develop when Husband has moved up a league and can still clearly and comfortably perform to a high standard.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 19, 2013, 03:32:53 pm by graingrover »
I see Wabara has played 5 times for England U 20 .. so JH should be capped very soon if you go on comparison .

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 19, 2013, 03:33:23 pm by Alan Southstand »
Doen't make you wonder at all - its painfully obvious.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 19, 2013, 03:38:12 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Having a look at the U20 squad and it seems to be filled with Youth Team or Reserve Team players at the big clubs like Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd who will end up in League Two, so I doubt a first team regular in the Championship has much chance.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 19, 2013, 03:43:59 pm by graingrover »
DO you are right and it is a sad reflection on the FA ... yet another one

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 19, 2013, 03:50:00 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Husband for me should get a chance internationally if he carries on improving. Won't be here much longer at this rate I reckon.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 19, 2013, 04:00:54 pm by DonnyOsmond »
How much would you value the lad at though? He's English, Left footed, can play left back or left wing and gets goals and assists. Should aim for at least £4 million.

moses

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 19, 2013, 04:06:23 pm by moses »
Funny, prepare to be shot down, I thought he looked a bit down in confidence defensively at times during the match. He seemed to be targeted by Blackburn in the air especially from goal kicks which doesn't seem to be his strongest area. Having a right footer infront of him doesn't help when he is trying to pass down the line and Cotterill wanted it to his inside foot, which seemed to stop Husband passing to him a few times.

Am sure he will settle with games and Jones needs to get nearer to him for set peices if teams are going to target him.

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 19, 2013, 04:31:39 pm by chrisd_123 »
Funny, prepare to be shot down, I thought he looked a bit down in confidence defensively at times during the match. He seemed to be targeted by Blackburn in the air especially from goal kicks which doesn't seem to be his strongest area. Having a right footer infront of him doesn't help when he is trying to pass down the line and Cotterill wanted it to his inside foot, which seemed to stop Husband passing to him a few times.

Am sure he will settle with games and Jones needs to get nearer to him for set peices if teams are going to target him.

I'm not going to shoot you down, it's all opinions after all, but I felt the complete opposite. I spoke before the season about whether Husband could play with a maturity to his game that the Championship needs and on Friday he proved he can. He won headers well imo, obviously he's going to lose a few with his height but other than that he did fantastically well. As for defensively, he clearly did a good job as Dunn and Taylor were trying all sorts to try and unnerve him or put him off and every time he just walked away (usually having easily dealt with both players) with a grin on his face as the two proceeded to give him stick in his ear as they went past.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 19, 2013, 04:40:27 pm by graingrover »
He has started to overlap again and is developing a good understanding with Cotts , particularly in respect of that .. and of course twice on free kicks .He's physically strong , fearless in the tackle, quick acceleration and determined when going forward . He will be a very good player for years to come.
     His initial hesitancy to go forward in the first game against Blackpool was swept away emphatically by his very confident game v Blackburn.   

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 19, 2013, 04:47:47 pm by IDM »
I found his performances this season very encouraging.  Of course any player can have an off day (JH - Coventry away last season he had a shocker) but here's a young player with good potential.  He's good enough to be a first pick in our team so far, so he gets my support :)

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 19, 2013, 05:03:36 pm by DearneValleyRover »
I thought Blackburn targeted Wabara to be honest, most of their work went down the left. I can't see JH being with us next season if he continues to progress.

stuey

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 19, 2013, 05:11:27 pm by stuey »
It makes you wonder why Bennett appears to be struggling to develop when Husband has moved up a league and can still clearly and comfortably perform to a high standard.

One word, attitude!! Husband has clearly learned and developed as a player playing back-up to Spurr, and is now taking his chance with both hands, Bennett on the other hand, seems to o have learned nothing from the likes of Cotterill and, IMO, is going backwards

LincolnDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 19, 2013, 08:30:00 pm by LincolnDonny »
Of course he played well against Blackburn.
He literally marked Chris Taylor out of the match.

Taylor was waved of the pitch by most Donny Fans. :byebye:

« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 08:34:59 pm by LincolnDonny »

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on August 19, 2013, 08:31:39 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I think Cairney was still scared of him after last season.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 19, 2013, 08:59:00 pm by StocktonRover »
Of course he played well against Blackburn.
He literally marked Chris Taylor out of the match.

Taylor was waved of the pitch by most Donny Fans. :byebye:

After the game I had arranged to meet up with a mate outside the players entrance.

Whilst waiting the Blackburn team began making their way out to the bus or to cars for lifts home, as Taylor came out a Rovers fan stood by the bus enquired something along the lines of "Hi Chris, are the knees ok?"

Taylor responded by saying "yeah, fine thanks mate" to which the Rovers fan retorted "Thats a suprise the amount of times you threw yourself on the floor".

Taylor wasn't happy and walked away muttering something about the Rovers fan being a funny hunt!

roverssam1879

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 20, 2013, 08:53:37 am by roverssam1879 »

With confidence improving, I'm sure we'll see a few driving runs towards the box and if he unleashes that left foot then we could be in for a treat.

Then maybe he isnt strongest as a left back?... look how Bale moved up the field.

Tommy A

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 20, 2013, 09:03:53 am by Tommy A »
I agree that he played really well the other night but he's still got a lot of improving to do.

His passing, heading and positioning are decent rather than outstanding at the moment IMHO. Plus, he doesn't have outstanding pace which will hold him back at the highest level.

Let's not get carried away and build the lad up too much. He needs to keep his feet on the ground and working hard in order to fulfil his undoubted potential.

So far so good tho!  :thumbsup:

roverssam1879

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 20, 2013, 11:39:17 am by roverssam1879 »
quite right Tommy,

he will come up against tougher opposition, one good game doesnt make a season.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on August 20, 2013, 11:42:04 am by Jenny »
Gotta love Rovers fans, an indifferent game against Blackpool and there were concerns about his ability at this level. One good game and a miss-hit cross later he is worth £4m and the answer to the worlds left sided player problems...

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: (No subject)
« Reply #23 on August 20, 2013, 01:33:06 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Yea but husband can tackle!

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on August 20, 2013, 01:56:35 pm by roversontheup »
Yea but husband can tackle!

Yes he can and the tackle he made in front of the east stand in the last few minutes of the Blackburn game was very Ian Snodin ish.

CraigyBoy

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 20, 2013, 07:27:46 pm by CraigyBoy »
Don't shoot me down here but we're talking about one match! The previous league match he played he was made to look like a fool for 90 minutes. Even rob jones kept shouting at him! I really hope he turns out to be the greatest left back in the history of the game but on all I've seen of him he's a league one left back at best. He's too easily beaten, he is naive, and he has a long way to go to prove himself. And his goal on Friday night was an awful cross. He is the teams weakest link by miles at the moment.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on August 20, 2013, 07:44:15 pm by jonnydog »
Their lies the case for the prosecution your honour

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on August 20, 2013, 10:16:33 pm by ScillyRover »
Jeeez Craigyboy... you must be an sheer joy to live with. More negatives than the tempetature at absolute zero in addition to talking utter b****ks. James Husband is one hell of a prospect.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on August 20, 2013, 10:23:32 pm by mushRTID »
Husband was brilliant tonight.

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on August 20, 2013, 10:27:18 pm by PaulRover08 »
Husband was brilliant tonight.

Yes he was, as were the rest of the team. Husband will be attracting some top flight admirers no doubt.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012