Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 08:24:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mark Duffy  (Read 5429 times)

raggytash

• Forum Member
Mark Duffy
« on May 04, 2014, 09:47:23 am by raggytash »
Had the pleasure of speaking to mark last night, he's a great guy and I've spoken to him many occasions, he wasn't selected yesterday dispite being fit and is proper pissed off. So dickov.... Whys that?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
Re: Mark Duffy
« Reply #1 on May 04, 2014, 09:53:47 am by wilts rover »
As far as I am aware PD doesnt read the forum so doubt you will get a reply. You could always write to him tho and he may get back, wasn't it Rovin Reporter who did that recently?

For what's its worth my guess is he is shocking defensively, especially away from home. Runs into trouble and gives the ball away far to often, not quite as good as you think you are Mark.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on May 04, 2014, 09:58:48 am by Filo »
As Wilts says, he gives the ball away far too often, I also think it's very unprofessional of him to go bleating in public, accept the managers decision, get your head down and work harder, don't go bleating to random fans about it

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 04, 2014, 10:01:07 am by RobTheRover »
I agree with the sentiment of Wilts' post. Great when attacking, not the best when defending. To be fair,  defending shouldn't be high on his list of priorities given the talent he has going forward. Yesterday was a game for grafters hence the team we played.

I just can't help but wonder if Dickov had played that team/style against Bolton or Birmingham whether we'd all be looking forward to another Championship season. Too little too late?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 04, 2014, 10:04:53 am by Filo »
I agree with the sentiment of Wilts' post. Great when attacking, not the best when defending. To be fair,  defending shouldn't be high on his list of priorities given the talent he has going forward. Yesterday was a game for grafters hence the team we played.

I just can't help but wonder if Dickov had played that team/style against Bolton or Birmingham whether we'd all be looking forward to another Championship season. Too little too late?

I said it in a post yesterday Rob, that formation in the last 7 games would have seen us over the line, trying to accommodate Sharp in the line up probably cost us our Championship status

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 04, 2014, 10:58:05 am by raggytash »
To be fair he's our most creative player after wellens, Keegan and firman doesn't work and never will, maybe pd could have tried him in the centre but it's too late, we need pace and power in the midfield something we've been found out with

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 04, 2014, 11:02:57 am by Filo »
To be fair he's our most creative player after wellens, Keegan and firman doesn't work and never will, maybe pd could have tried him in the centre but it's too late, we need pace and power in the midfield something we've been found out with

We need pace and power up front, it's creativity we need in midfield

raggytash

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 04, 2014, 11:11:17 am by raggytash »
True, be interesting who gets offered new deals

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 04, 2014, 04:52:18 pm by mjg »
You watch him fly next season , can't wait

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 04, 2014, 04:54:08 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
If there is one positive, if we keep Duffy, Forrester etc we're in for plenty of
Goals next season.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 04, 2014, 04:58:13 pm by pib »
If we keep hold of Duffy, Copps, Cotterill and Forrester for next season, we certainly shouldn't be lacking players with the ability to create chances and make things happen.

The big question will be whether the manager can unlock that ability. I've not been convinced by his ability to do so this season, but maybe the drop down in division will make it easier for him to do so.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 04, 2014, 05:00:59 pm by Dare to dream! »
If there is one positive, if we keep Duffy, Forrester etc we're in for plenty of
Goals next season.

Robinson will be prolific in League 1 also

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 04, 2014, 05:11:04 pm by mushRTID »
Goals next season.

Robinson will be prolific in League 1 also

Said the same to my mate yesterday, i think Robinson could do some damage in league one.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 04, 2014, 05:14:58 pm by silent majority »
Him and Chris Brown! Sounds good.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 04, 2014, 05:21:03 pm by Dare to dream! »
Them two had a good partnership early on in the season, away at Wigan they were excellent.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: (No subject)
« Reply #15 on May 04, 2014, 05:23:56 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Duffy wasn't man enough for the rigours of the Championship. Yes, can be decent on the ball but far too weak in the tackle and disposessed too easily. Needs to strengthen and he could be a prime player next sea

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 04, 2014, 05:28:51 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Theo averages about 1 in 3 in League One. Not too bad tbf.

Reckon we could do with a goalscorer like Billy Kee in or someone. I'm not Rob Ghosh!

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on May 04, 2014, 05:52:26 pm by PDX_Rover »
Not sure on Robinson. He misses absolute sitters at any level.

rtidbelly

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 04, 2014, 05:59:30 pm by rtidbelly »
cody mcdonald worth a shout? 27 years old and will be someone with a small fee. 17 goals this year in a struggling gillingham side, something that with our creative players in league one he could be the 20 goal a season striker we require.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 04, 2014, 06:02:09 pm by Dare to dream! »
cody mcdonald worth a shout? 27 years old and will be someone with a small fee. 17 goals this year in a struggling gillingham side, something that with our creative players in league one he could be the 20 goal a season striker we require.

Billy Paynter, 13 goals and no transfer fee

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 04, 2014, 06:03:10 pm by grayx »
I think Duffy should have been on the bench as part of our plan B.  The one we didnt have unfortunately. Far from convinced by Robinson though.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 04, 2014, 06:10:01 pm by pib »
Scott Hogan
Rhys Murphy

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 04, 2014, 06:13:23 pm by Dare to dream! »
Goals won't be our problem next year. Our priority should be getting a goalkeeper whether that be re-signing Turnbull or signing a new one.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 04, 2014, 06:32:39 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Scott Hogan
Rhys Murphy

Decent shouts.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on May 04, 2014, 07:01:10 pm by DRNaith »
Goals won't be our problem next year. Our priority should be getting a goalkeeper whether that be re-signing Turnbull or signing a new one.

I seriously doubt we'd get Turnbull, he came to us, a championship club, on a one year contract to prove himself to premier league clubs again, he isn't going to drop down to league one.

moses

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on May 04, 2014, 09:16:32 pm by moses »

I said it in a post yesterday Rob, that formation in the last 7 games would have seen us over the line, trying to accommodate Sharp in the line up probably cost us our Championship status

Spot on Filo.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 04, 2014, 09:21:01 pm by les@donr »
Dickov managed Oldham in L1, he did nothing there, why would things be different at Rovers?

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on May 04, 2014, 09:29:32 pm by DonnyNoel »
Dickov managed Oldham in L1, he did nothing there, why would things be different at Rovers?

I would hope theres a budget difference to start with. Also didn't he have a couple of coaches removed at Oldham due to financial constraints?

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on May 04, 2014, 09:30:31 pm by pib »
The playing budget at Oldham was nowhere near as bad as he made out. He under performed there with the players and money he had.

GloucesterRover31

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 04, 2014, 09:38:14 pm by GloucesterRover31 »
Nothing as queer as folk!!

1) rovers don't have a budget to bring in another manager including spending money on the recourses and process of sacking and hiring a new

2) after a relegation the profile isn't there to attract someone "successful" we're not a wolves where they had the profile for Kenny jacket

3) the board situation is still not clear after the mid season take over antics

At this time of relative instability I think the succession plan started by the statement is spot on! You don't panic in a panic situation you sit and counts your tins of beans Barton down the hatches and focus on how to get out of the situation

TinyPortal © 2005-2012