Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 03:45:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Come on Wales!  (Read 5448 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re: Come on Wales!
« Reply #30 on July 02, 2016, 09:21:04 am by Donnywolf »
Anyone else find it a little wrong that all 3 goalscorers were born in England?

No.. The team qualification rules are the same for each country..

I liked the World Cup when Australia played Croatia was it ?

Think half the Aussie Team were born in Croatia and vice versa .... or have I imagined that ?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on July 02, 2016, 09:58:28 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Grow up lads.

If some of YOU as Donny fans, can't see the wonder of the ignore, patronised underdog sticking it to the rest of the world (including their overbearing neighbours) then I wonder if you've actually been paying attention this past 20 years.

Fortunately, I think most of us get it. I'd be chuffed to bits if they won the damn thing.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on July 02, 2016, 10:45:33 am by Glyn_Wigley »
And I hope they beat Portugal to stick a big two fingers up to the English FA.

I hope they beat Portugal as well, to stick two fingers up to those who didn't want them in the finals at all.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on July 02, 2016, 11:05:49 am by Dutch Uncle »
Proper football team. Proper football. Totally bloody awesome performance! And 4 beltingly good goals too. Restored my faith it has. Even Brian Flynn got a mention too! I bet Dutch Uncle is seething. He cleared off somewhere silly like Madeira or Crete or somewhere the other day. 

BobG

Too bloody right Bob, and the internet in the villa wasn't up to watching it. Mind you I heard the noise when we scored, all the English in Elounda, Crete were certainly rooting for Wales (as I do for England except against Wales of course). And this morning there were suddenly Welsh football shirts for sale where there had been none before! (Presumably buried under a pile of other countries' shirts). Now wondering how on earth to get to watch Wednesaday's match, following BBC text is not good for the nerves. I bet Viva is having the time of his life, probably like me happy but not gloating.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on July 02, 2016, 04:37:17 pm by idler »
The one thing that I've learned in 58 years of watching the Rovers is enjoy the good times but never gloat as coming back to earth is never far away.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on July 03, 2016, 04:54:37 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Does anybody think that, the famous norweigan commentator jibe, could make a comeback?. Instead of Maggie thatcher etc you're boys took one hell of a beating. A portuguese commentator might re-use it with ''You're sheep took one hell of a beating''!. :laugh:

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on July 03, 2016, 07:46:53 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Wouldn't it be a lambasting?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on July 03, 2016, 10:39:31 am by IDM »
Fully deserved.

Soaked up the pressure when they had to, and - AND ENGLAND TAKE NOTE - took their chances!

That Robson Kanu goal, you will not see better in this tournament.

Fantastic performance and congratulations to Wales!

Heavyweights eh???

Italy vs Germany should be a very good game tomorrow night.

Was no better than Wales vs Belgium.

A better set of players in both teams yes, and very tight and close etc.  A different game but no  ore entertaining nonetheless.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on July 03, 2016, 04:15:06 pm by BobG »
The only suggestion I can offer Brian is find a bar.... You've got time still for a spot of reconnaisance! Hope you're enjoying yourself?

We have summer today. It's very nice. I can see the clouds building in the distance though.

Bob

TinyPortal © 2005-2012