Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 03:34:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brilliant  (Read 5450 times)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
Brilliant
« on August 30, 2023, 09:55:06 pm by Copps is Magic »
Outstanding performance tonight.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
Re: Brilliant
« Reply #1 on August 30, 2023, 10:00:13 pm by ChrisBx »
Agreed. A lot of positives to take despite the result tonight. The result is hardly a disaster given our injury list anyway!

Dabbermoo

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 30, 2023, 10:02:42 pm by Dabbermoo »
Excellent performance tonight, only question I have is what does Faal bring to this team? Hopefully get a quick recovery in ready for a very very tough game against Swindon on Saturday.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 30, 2023, 10:02:46 pm by Copps is Magic »
Bit better fitness we'd have taken them to penalties no doubt.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 30, 2023, 10:06:42 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
Agreed fella. Very, very proud of the lads tonight.

redarmi66

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 30, 2023, 10:07:02 pm by redarmi66 »
Better finishing and we would have won.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 30, 2023, 10:07:22 pm by GazLaz »
Rowe and Senior were outstanding. Rowe stopped them playing through midfield pressing from the 10 position. Lost a lot when he went off.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 30, 2023, 10:10:13 pm by mushRTID »
Rowe and Senior were outstanding. Rowe stopped them playing through midfield pressing from the 10 position. Lost a lot when he went off.

Not helped by putting on Roberts too who looked completely lost. It was a costly substitution.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2023, 10:12:37 pm by mushRTID »

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 30, 2023, 10:10:58 pm by coventryrover »
Brilliant, particularly  that first half.    Loved the pressing and tackling.   The boys should be proud

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 30, 2023, 10:13:57 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Couldn’t make it or watch the game so I’m gutted.

How’d we line up? BBC had it a as a 3 at the back Rowe in the 10 and 2 up top. This about right? Known it to be way off

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 30, 2023, 10:15:50 pm by Canadian Rover »
Lost the game with Rowe coming off but understand the decision to substitute him. Joe unlucky to be beat by a very very good striker for pace and read.

Find it really weird that Bobby isn't given any minutes.

Overall great performance.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 30, 2023, 10:17:05 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
That was a superb performance. Up to the team now to ask itself if it wants to do that every week.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 30, 2023, 10:21:07 pm by normal rules »
I hope no one comes out and dis respects that rovers performance. I thought rovers were superb tonight. Just like they were at mk dons.
Some of them Everton players on paper are worth more than the entire rovers squad.
I just loved  that for 80 minutes we levelled them to what they are, and that’s a bang average team.

Peebles Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 30, 2023, 10:21:33 pm by Peebles Rover »
First half we looked like a proper team for the first time in a long time. Just ran out of legs and with little strength in depth struggled. But I’m feeling more positive after the first half

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 30, 2023, 10:22:45 pm by Sprotyrover »
Let’s hope we have turned a corner tonight!

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 30, 2023, 10:23:08 pm by ncRover »
Just ran out of steam with no subs to make with the injuries.

Every player tonight did us proud. Magnificent. 

Thorney

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 30, 2023, 10:25:33 pm by Thorney »

Not helped by putting on Roberts too who looked completely lost. It was a costly substitution.

Think for Roberts that was a good education though. Thought he could do all the step overs against a premiership standard LB and lost ot everytime, will realise sometimes it's best just to knock it past him or whip it into the box, he was a bit all over the place. But don't want to find negatives

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 30, 2023, 10:26:43 pm by drfcsteve »
Rowe had to come off unfortunately, he was blowing out his arse again after 60 minutes. Brilliant before that though, as were the rest of the players.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 30, 2023, 10:29:06 pm by dknward2 »
Thought the young 16 year old player Sam did well when he came on and had a good chance hopefully he can come on for Rowe to push for a starting place

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on August 30, 2023, 10:30:58 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Brilliant performance. Proud of 'em.

How that team struggles against League Two opposition is bewildering.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on August 30, 2023, 10:32:09 pm by Lesonthewest »
Excellent tonight, every player should be proud of themselves.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 30, 2023, 10:32:24 pm by mushRTID »

Think for Roberts that was a good education though. Thought he could do all the step overs against a premiership standard LB and lost ot everytime, will realise sometimes it's best just to knock it past him or whip it into the box, he was a bit all over the place. But don't want to find negatives

I really didn’t mean it as a negative, just an observation. It didn’t feel the right game for Roberts, he is so lightweight and positionally he was all over the place.

We were magnificent though.

I do worry about Saturday mind, we looked on our knees.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on August 30, 2023, 10:32:32 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Pleased with that took a team full of internationals on well.  Lack of bench cost us we badly need the huge injury list back.

But we're starting to see a McCann side and players are improving. Now to do it in the league.

Thorney

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 30, 2023, 10:37:38 pm by Thorney »

I really didn’t mean it as a negative, just an observation. It didn’t feel the right game for Roberts, he is so lightweight and positionally he was all over the place.

We were magnificent though.

I do worry about Saturday mind, we looked on our knees.

Didn't see your comment as negative, was a good observation,

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on August 30, 2023, 10:40:24 pm by Filo »
Outstanding, that First half was a joy to behold, we just ran out of steam on around 70 mins, Everton will know they’ve been in a game, lets carry that i to the league now

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 30, 2023, 10:40:28 pm by danumdon »
Fantastic game to watch , the lads did us all proud, the crowd played there part too.

If only we had a 40million pound striker sat on the bench ready to come on,

Must be able to take a great deal of belief out of this game which should do us a world of good.

Peebles Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 30, 2023, 10:43:04 pm by Peebles Rover »
Does anyone know the attendance?

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on August 30, 2023, 10:43:50 pm by POD »
Proud of the performance tonight and a pity we couldn’t see the game out.

I would have used our substitutes much earlier when legs were tiring.  Faal was ineffective in the second half and Setona or Roberts would have given us more up front from 60 minutes.

At 1-1 after 80 minutes, I did not feel that we could win the game so should have made sure we didn’t lose and played for penalties - that would have meant bringing on Richard Wood.  He hasn’t had the best of starts this season but perhaps his experience would have enabled us to see the game out.   

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on August 30, 2023, 10:44:31 pm by Bessie Red »
I hope no one comes out and dis respects that rovers performance. I thought rovers were superb tonight. Just like they were at mk dons.
Some of them Everton players on paper are worth more than the entire rovers squad.
I just loved  that for 80 minutes we levelled them to what they are, and that’s a bang average team.
They're starting 11 cost a combined transfer pot of £185 million and they had that new £25 million striker on the bench aswell!!

South East Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on August 30, 2023, 10:47:02 pm by South East Rover »
Does anyone know the attendance?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012