Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 06:15:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: QPR 2-0 DRFC 23/08/08  (Read 1194 times)

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
QPR 2-0 DRFC 23/08/08
« on March 24, 2011, 01:27:36 am by DMnumber4 »
Anyone go to Loftus Road this day?

If you did, you will remember that Dowie changed his tactics (4-5-1) to totally outfox us with Blackstock supported by two loan players - Daniel Parejo from Real Madrid and Emmanuel Ledesma from Genoa.

Basically, these two ripped us to pieces for large parts of the game.

What became of both players? Spanish Parejo, who is only 21 moved to Getafe, whilst Argentinian Ledesma (22 years old) who scored against us is at...Walsall!!

How, why, i dont know, however, this has got to be a player to look at!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/9422363.stm

Sets up the second and scored the fifth.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Berkshire Rover

• Forum Member
Re: QPR 2-0 DRFC 23/08/08
« Reply #1 on March 24, 2011, 12:50:20 pm by Berkshire Rover »
I was there, the memories are still painful! To be honest I thought we would struggle all season after seeing that game, every QPR player seemed to be a giant, much physically stronger than us. Very happy to be proved wrong of course!
:scarf:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 24, 2011, 12:55:28 pm by Filo »
I was on the Dalyan river on the way back from turtle beach and the mud baths, getting txt updates of the latest scores

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 24, 2011, 02:08:43 pm by Akinfenwa »
Ledesma put in probably the best performance I've seen by an opposing player since we've been in the Championship, he took the piss out of us that day. I remember him starting out very well at QPR including a hattrick from him against Carlisle just after we'd played them. I think he sort of faded away after that and QPR didn't take up the option to sign him permanently. Even so I was very surprised to see him sign for Walsall a few weeks ago on a free. I don't know what must have happened to him for him to be playing for a bottom L1 side like Walsall. He's only signed until the end of the season though, so if he does well I hope we at least look at him.

VikingJames

« Reply #4 on March 24, 2011, 06:11:13 pm by VikingJames »
I was there, Ledesma looked a class apart. Couldn't believe it when I read he'd signed for Walsall. I think he had a trial at Brighton before that, but apparently they've got a load of players for that position so they didn't offer him a contract.

I really hope we're monitoring his situation ahead of the summer. He could potentially be a fantastic signing.

I seem to remember that day Gareth Roberts was playing the whole of the left hand side on his own as he had no left sided player in front of him, and then got a slating on here (well, the old forum) for pushing forward too much and leaving spaces behind him.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012