Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 05:14:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: West Ham Tickets - No Pay on the Day?  (Read 1329 times)

Berkshire Rover

• Forum Member
West Ham Tickets - No Pay on the Day?
« on March 05, 2012, 12:39:23 pm by Berkshire Rover »
I've just rung the Keepmoat and the ydon't know for sure, but they believe there will be no pay on the day for the game on Saturday as they can sell any left over allocation to their own fans.

It would be helpful to have this clarified, but in the meantime, if you're thinking of going, I would advise buying in advance. You can either collect from the Km, have the, posted out or normally collect on the day from West Ham  (I didn't check that though).

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: West Ham Tickets - No Pay on the Day?
« Reply #1 on March 05, 2012, 01:04:34 pm by silent majority »
I don't think they can do that Steve, they have to guarantee a minimum allocation to the away team and its supporters.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 05, 2012, 01:13:15 pm by Mr1Croft »
They do Martin, but they do not have to provide pay on the day facilities. Like Swansea they can say it must be advance purchase.

West Ham will possibly be hoping that due to \"big game\" syndrome most fans will sell out the minimum allocation meaning that everything is above board. But I am aware for sure that Swansea would rather try to grant you Welsh citzenship status than let you buy a ticket in away end on the day.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 05, 2012, 02:32:01 pm by The Red Baron »
Quote from: \"Berkshire Rover\" post=224321
I've just rung the Keepmoat and the ydon't know for sure, but they believe there will be no pay on the day for the game on Saturday as they can sell any left over allocation to their own fans.

Cor blimey, guv! I might end up sat next to some Alf Garnett type. Lummee!

Berkshire Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 05, 2012, 05:33:53 pm by Berkshire Rover »
Quote from: \"silent_majority\" post=224331
I don't think they can do that Steve, they have to guarantee a minimum allocation to the away team and its supporters.

I just thought I'd ask the question as I was on the blower, maybe somebody can get the official position from WHU?

It does make you wonder why this dan't be made clear on either DROS or the Keepmoat ticket site.

I don't want Rovers fans turning up on the day and not being able to get in to see us smash the league leaders on their home turf ;)

:rtid:

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 05, 2012, 10:33:05 pm by silent majority »
Steve,

Football league rules state that they have to make 2,000 tickets available or 10% if that is greater. There is no rule which says they have to make tickets available on the day but there is a rule which says they cannot offer something to home fans which are not available to the away fans, therefore they cannot allow pay on the day for home fans without reciprocation. The 'local promotion' gets around the price issue but only 4 times a season.

There are different rules in the PL to the FL and clubs who get relegated often fall foul of the rules by assuming its exactly the same.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 06, 2012, 12:00:26 am by wilts rover »
Quote from: \"silent_majority\" post=224552
Steve,

Football league rules state that they have to make 2,000 tickets available or 10% if that is greater. There is no rule which says they have to make tickets available on the day but there is a rule which says they cannot offer something to home fans which are not available to the away fans, therefore they cannot allow pay on the day for home fans without reciprocation. The 'local promotion' gets around the price issue but only 4 times a season.

There are different rules in the PL to the FL and clubs who get relegated often fall foul of the rules by assuming its exactly the same.

SM asMrCroft says Swansea always advertised that there would be no pay on the day for away fans, even though there would be to home fans. Although I think they did relax that at least one year - but never advertised it.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 06, 2012, 01:47:03 am by silent majority »
Wilts,

But its the FL handbook that they can't do that. Well not that exactly but you can't differentiate between home and away fans, all it takes is a phone call.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012