Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 07:31:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Hull City  (Read 51310 times)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: Hull City
« Reply #450 on July 23, 2020, 10:26:59 pm by RoversAlias »
Why do people call him Terry?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #451 on July 23, 2020, 10:30:07 pm by IDM »
I’m guessing it might be a “Minder” reference.?

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #452 on July 23, 2020, 10:33:39 pm by NickDRFC »
Rotherham for Sads I would imagine.

Why would you imagine that?

Local club so a convenient move, they’ll have seen him play several times this season and he’s unlikely to get anything above a lower-end Championship club. Not saying he’s going there but it’s a pretty reasonable suggestion.

OK I take your point, but he lives in Cambridge though so not sure Rotherham is all that local for him but why is it unlikely he will get anything above lower end Championship?

Last season was his first consistent season at League One level so I’d be surprised if a team like Fulham, Brentford or Forest we’re looking at him. Much more likely to pitch up at a Luton or a Birmingham. I could be wrong and if he does sign for a team at the top end of the bookies odds please feel free to come back and tell me I was wrong, it would surprise me though.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #453 on July 23, 2020, 10:35:13 pm by 5minstogo »

Paul Warne really, really wants him.  A manager like Warney should be
a big pull for a player not necessarily motivated by coin.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #454 on July 24, 2020, 12:15:18 am by NewDonny »

Local club so a convenient move, they’ll have seen him play several times this season and he’s unlikely to get anything above a lower-end Championship club. Not saying he’s going there but it’s a pretty reasonable suggestion.

OK I take your point, but he lives in Cambridge though so not sure Rotherham is all that local for him but why is it unlikely he will get anything above lower end Championship?

Last season was his first consistent season at League One level so I’d be surprised if a team like Fulham, Brentford or Forest we’re looking at him. Much more likely to pitch up at a Luton or a Birmingham. I could be wrong and if he does sign for a team at the top end of the bookies odds please feel free to come back and tell me I was wrong, it would surprise me though.

Fair point but then again he has had a very good education in football having been at West Ham for 10 Years and has scored goals wherever he has been, let's wait and see!

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #455 on July 24, 2020, 08:26:09 am by Dutch Uncle »
NewDonny

May I say that not only will we miss Sads, but also you and your insights. They have  certainly had me thinking from different angles which is always good.

When Paul Heffernan was here there was a similar welcome poster called NewtownJoe, and we miss them both as well. An irony was that,at the time we had a Dutch player called Jos van Nieuwstadt which translates as New town Joe.

Whatever happens to Sads I wish you both the best, and of course in the tiny chance you stay here that would be very welcome news.  :thumbsup: :scarf:

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #456 on July 24, 2020, 09:34:55 am by idler »
I always felt that there was more to come from Sads and hope/hoped that this would be with us before possibly moving to better things.
He has seen how stable a club we are and might be willing to stay on a bit less money and be in the shop window playing with us. Location might also be a factor.
All we can do is wait and see.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #457 on July 24, 2020, 11:22:06 am by NewDonny »
NewDonny

May I say that not only will we miss Sads, but also you and your insights. They have  certainly had me thinking from different angles which is always good.

When Paul Heffernan was here there was a similar welcome poster called NewtownJoe, and we miss them both as well. An irony was that,at the time we had a Dutch player called Jos van Nieuwstadt which translates as New town Joe.

Whatever happens to Sads I wish you both the best, and of course in the tiny chance you stay here that would be very welcome news.  :thumbsup: :scarf:

Thank you DU and also very interesting re past players and posters, your words are very touching and appreciated.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #458 on July 24, 2020, 12:17:38 pm by roversdude »
Yep we will all miss you ND/Sads good luck for the future
Please keep winding the Posh chairman up

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #459 on July 24, 2020, 12:19:07 pm by selby »
PDX, the pull for a player with ability is money, and playing at the highest level they can get a club at.
  One thing normally follows the other, the higher profile the club the more money is chucked at the team as a rule, and in a short career a player has to think of getting as much out of the game as he can.
  Sads has been a great signing for us, and did well while here, fulfilled his contract and caused no problems I know of off the field, which is all we can ask.
  Unfortunately other clubs have taken notice and are more capable of fulfilling his financial requirements and it looks like he has moved on. Personally I hope the lad does well wherever he ends up, we will miss his play but will have to move on and hopefully get another good player to replace him.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #460 on July 24, 2020, 12:31:08 pm by Padge_DRFC »
How annoying is it he's going on a free. Attacking midfielder who can play 2 or 3 positions and can ping them in from 30 yards is a million quid for starters

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #461 on July 24, 2020, 12:47:32 pm by Alan Southstand »
He did the same thing when he joined us!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #462 on July 24, 2020, 12:56:36 pm by Filo »
He did the same thing when he joined us!

No one has paid a fee for him

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #463 on July 24, 2020, 01:03:04 pm by vaya »
Bit of a pattern there.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #464 on July 24, 2020, 04:44:09 pm by drfchound »
New Donny, you know my personal thoughts my friend.
Good luck to Keiran and yourself in the future.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #465 on July 24, 2020, 06:12:03 pm by NewDonny »

I do indeed Hound and thank you.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #466 on July 24, 2020, 07:25:56 pm by Jonathan »

I do indeed Hound and thank you.

Likewise. You’ll be missed on here. It’s been great to have a new insight and a perspective on matters in and around the club.

The comments about Sadlier moving between clubs feel a bit on the ignorant and dismissive side to me. You look at his record and one thing you could never accuse him of is taking the easy option. He’s moved down to go back up and taken chances in different leagues to develop further. We offered an 18 month contract when we signed him as that deal suited us. I do know for a fact that he would have liked to stay here when new contracts were being talked about. But, without dredging up the old topic on terms, if the offer wasn’t right to reflect his ongoing improvement (an improvement which is plain to see to any observer) then who can blame him for being open to other offers at the end of his contract. There’s been no throwing toys out of the pram. He was leading goalscorer and maker and deserves the recognition and reward. The championship is now a natural step and I expect he’ll have a choice of offers. It would be nice to see him break into the full Ireland squad and would reflect well on the platform that we can provide for developing players, too.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 07:37:48 pm by Jonathan »

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #467 on July 24, 2020, 07:29:52 pm by PDX_Rover »

Apologies. I wrongly assumed he’d moved locally.

I wish he’d stay - we all do - but probably unlikely. A great talent to watch.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #468 on July 24, 2020, 08:43:34 pm by NewDonny »

NP

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #469 on July 25, 2020, 12:54:05 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Been listening to "Suedehead" by Morrissey today.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 01:00:28 am by BillyStubbsTears »

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #470 on July 25, 2020, 02:13:23 am by NewDonny »
Been listening to "Suedehead" by Morrissey today.

Oh very cryptic BST!

Cant stand the guy myself.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 02:24:27 am by NewDonny »

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #471 on July 26, 2020, 09:10:40 am by DonnyOsmond »

I do always seem him coming out of a house on the new estate on Woodfield Way in a morning. I think Gomes lives near there too.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #472 on July 26, 2020, 10:29:31 am by NewDonny »
He lives in Cambrigde. Had house in Doncaster but not lived there for a couple of months now.

Blackpool Rover

« Reply #473 on July 28, 2020, 11:14:56 am by Blackpool Rover »
I for one am happy to see the back of any player that doesn't want to commit to the club no matter the output. Sadlier is definitely replaceable, even if its a loan signing from DM's 'little black book'. All the talent in the world counts for nothing if there's no desire to play for the club.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #474 on July 28, 2020, 12:17:32 pm by roversdude »
I for one am happy to see the back of any player that doesn't want to commit to the club no matter the output. Sadlier is definitely replaceable, even if its a loan signing from DM's 'little black book'. All the talent in the world counts for nothing if there's no desire to play for the club.

Whilst I agree with your comment, I can’t criticise Sadliers commitment every time he wore a Rovers shirt

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #475 on July 28, 2020, 12:30:46 pm by EasyforDennis »
Its the way football is nowadays. If you have confidence in your own ability you sign a contract for x number of years and at the end of it move on.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #476 on July 28, 2020, 05:56:58 pm by NewDonny »

Sadlier not signing the new contract he was offered had absolutely nothing to do with not wanting to play for DRFC.

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #477 on July 28, 2020, 06:11:37 pm by WheatleyRover »
I hope Sadlier doesn't go to Rotherham 😕

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #478 on July 28, 2020, 06:12:34 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
So you keep saying NewDonny. We have no reason to doubt Kieran's desire to do better than the contract he was offered. I would be disappointed if he didn't want to better himself as many of us think he is good enough to step up to the next level.

Good luck to him. We have to move on too!

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #479 on July 28, 2020, 07:32:51 pm by sha66y »
He did good in an attacking team, I personally think he isn’t ready for the pace or the physical nature of the game at championship level...

We shall have to wait and see who will take a punt I guess.....

TinyPortal © 2005-2012