Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 05:44:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Game off  (Read 12816 times)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: Game off
« Reply #60 on March 12, 2013, 01:49:01 pm by IDM »
What a joke, so embarrasing.
The tiniest bit of snow which has gone now anyway. Our multi million pound stadium cant even deal with it, beyond a joke now. If this was at belle vue it would still be on.

A joke, embarrassing?  The pitch has been judged unplayable by someone who has the responsibility to make that call, not you nor I.

The club can't control the weather FFS, nor can it cover EVERY variation the weather brings.

Comments like yours are a joke.  A football match is to be rescheduled, no one died did they? 

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on March 12, 2013, 01:51:20 pm by RedArmy »
The tiniest bit of snow which has gone now anyway. Our multi million pound stadium cant even deal with it, beyond a joke now. If this was at belle vue it would still be on.

A joke, embarrassing?  The pitch has been judged unplayable by someone who has the responsibility to make that call, not you nor I.

The club can't control the weather FFS, nor can it cover EVERY variation the weather brings.

Comments like yours are a joke.  A football match is to be rescheduled, no one died did they?

Spending over 30million on it i'd expect it cover every variation the weather brings..

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on March 12, 2013, 01:52:03 pm by hoolahoop »
The game is off ffs accept it and realise it could be to our benefit. If any of our promotion contenders slip up tonight ........you will all be weeing in your pants.  :lol:

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on March 12, 2013, 01:55:19 pm by The L J Monk »
If Dean Saunders was still here the game would have been on.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on March 12, 2013, 01:57:25 pm by bobjimwilly »
Anyone else care to write a nonsensical post about the weather, the judgement of the referee, the building of the stadium, the timing of the pitch inspection or differences between the micro-climates of cantley park and the keepmoat? If so, feel free to reply below...

:byebye:

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on March 12, 2013, 01:59:03 pm by MrFrost »
It's Harpers fault.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on March 12, 2013, 01:59:19 pm by IDM »

Spending over 30million on it i'd expect it cover every variation the weather brings..

Don't be daft, that's impossible.  Sometimes a game is called off not because of the pitch, but because the areas around the stadium (outside the club's control) are deemed unsafe for spectators etc.  You cannot cover every circumstance, nor should we expect them to.  They make plenty of effort but sometimes unsuccessfully.

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on March 12, 2013, 02:05:58 pm by RedArmy »

Don't be daft, that's impossible.  Sometimes a game is called off not because of the pitch, but because the areas around the stadium (outside the club's control) are deemed unsafe for spectators etc.  You cannot cover every circumstance, nor should we expect them to.  They make plenty of effort but sometimes unsuccessfully.

Cant remember a game at old trafford been postponed in a very long time.. i could be wrong though

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on March 12, 2013, 02:09:52 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Cant remember a game at old trafford been postponed in a very long time.. i could be wrong though

How much change did Man Utd get out of their £30mill budget?

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on March 12, 2013, 02:15:34 pm by Boomstick »
If they wanted the game on enough, it would have been. it's more beneficial for them to postpone it now and play the rescheduled game with more fit players.
Having said that, inspecting the pitch 8 hours before the game is completely f**king rediculous. It's glorious now, the pitch WILL be playable by 7:45.

Tactical postponement - fact

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on March 12, 2013, 02:17:00 pm by RedArmy »

How much change did we get? was 32mill wasnt it? :)

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on March 12, 2013, 02:24:53 pm by IDM »
I reckon Manchester Utd can afford to spend more on the upkeep of their stadium, pitch etc that we just cant' match.  It's nothing to do with the construction costs, more the operational costs.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on March 12, 2013, 02:26:48 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

How much change did we get? was 32mill wasnt it? :)

And you think we should be able to match Man Utd's facilities for just £32mill?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on March 12, 2013, 02:28:45 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Utter speculation - fact

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on March 12, 2013, 02:29:59 pm by MrFrost »

Utter speculation - fact

Yes, because the ref is involved in our tactics.

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on March 12, 2013, 02:33:59 pm by TheFunk »
Just seen the pitch inspection on Sky Sports News, and as I suspected after reading all the conspiracy theories on here, the pitch in the shade was definitely well frozen.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on March 12, 2013, 02:40:03 pm by Mr1Croft »

Manchester United? You serious? Are you honestly going to compare Doncaster Rovers and the Keepmoat Stadium to Man U and thier stadium? And expect to be taken seriously.

I know your gutted about your Champions League exit and Nani's red card, but no need to take it out on us or our groundsmen...

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on March 12, 2013, 02:45:27 pm by silent majority »
If you knew how much it costs the club to postpone a game on the day it should be played none of you would subscribe to the conspiracy theory. Rearranged games never draw the same crowd, nor do they attract the same people who pay for hospitality, or sponsors, or advertisers. The programme which has already been produced doesn't sell the same, extra costs are incurred by having to stand down all the match day staff, the ball boys, the mascots etc etc etc. The list is endless.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on March 12, 2013, 02:46:51 pm by donnievic »
Yeah and how do you know they wasnt bothered about playing it so lets uncover part of the pitch so there is less chance of playing?not saying they did but think helps us more not playing tonight than actually playing

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on March 12, 2013, 02:49:23 pm by IDM »
Did you actually read SM's post?  Postponing a game costs money, so why deliberately do that on for the chances of a better result later, when we've just got 3 points away from home at one of the best teams in the division?

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on March 12, 2013, 02:50:39 pm by donnievic »
If you knew how much it costs the club to postpone a game on the day it should be played none of you would subscribe to the conspiracy theory. Rearranged games never draw the same crowd, nor do they attract the same people who pay for hospitality, or sponsors, or advertisers. The programme which has already been produced doesn't sell the same, extra costs are incurred by having to stand down all the match day staff, the ball boys, the mascots etc etc etc. The list is endless.
im not doubting you on this SM and not saying the club wanted it off but this time I think we would get a bigger crowd later in the season and also calling it off this early surely not wasting anymore money on staff,as for bulbous and mascots we don't pay them for doing it ???

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on March 12, 2013, 02:51:27 pm by donnievic »
Did you actually read SM's post?  Postponing a game costs money, so why deliberately do that on for the chances of a better result later, when we've just got 3 points away from home at one of the best teams in the division?
no it didn't as I posted near enough the same time thank you for asking

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on March 12, 2013, 02:53:22 pm by RedArmy »

Manchester United? You serious? Are you honestly going to compare Doncaster Rovers and the Keepmoat Stadium to Man U and thier stadium? And expect to be taken seriously.

I know your gutted about your Champions League exit and Nani's red card, but no need to take it out on us or our groundsmen...

That second bit too your post wasnt funny in the slightest, sorry to tell you

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on March 12, 2013, 02:55:07 pm by RedArmy »

And not once did i take it out on the groundsmen..

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on March 12, 2013, 03:06:28 pm by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
Has everybody got over it yet?  :huh:

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on March 12, 2013, 03:07:57 pm by IDM »
no it didn't as I posted near enough the same time thank you for asking

OK fair do's.  I still don't think anyone wanted a postponement.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on March 12, 2013, 03:15:35 pm by steve@dcfd »

Therefore why did the club not bring in heaters to warm up the areas of the pitch that were in doubt. It has not just happened overnight. We had at a day to sort it out. The ground staff should be given more tools to enable all their good work not to be spoiled.
We need to budget next season for tools such as pitch lights, which will keep the grass better and hiring of heaters to ensure we can play games,  championship or not. The ground staff should be given all the help they can with more matches, football and rugby to come.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on March 12, 2013, 03:17:47 pm by drfc1951 »

Utter speculation - fact

Utter b*llocks- fact.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on March 12, 2013, 03:23:57 pm by silent majority »

Therefore why did the club not bring in heaters to warm up the areas of the pitch that were in doubt. It has not just happened overnight. We had at a day to sort it out. The ground staff should be given more tools to enable all their good work not to be spoiled.
We need to budget next season for tools such as pitch lights, which will keep the grass better and hiring of heaters to ensure we can play games,  championship or not. The ground staff should be given all the help they can with more matches, football and rugby to come.

This very subject cropped up in a conversation quite recently. The figures I was given for the things you mention were astronomical.

So far the extra covers have done a good job this season but at the expense of keeping the pitch in tip top condition. So, its a matter of balance, the pitch was covered but it also needed some light otherwise we would have been faced with an even bigger bill thi summer. It's not the wear and tear specifically, more a case of nature not being able to do its job.

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on March 12, 2013, 03:26:13 pm by Surrey Rover »

Some good points there, however should the rearranged fixture be an opportunity to seal promotion then some of those theories will be blown out of the window. More importantly lets try and take the positives, we have a blank week whilst our opponents on Saturday play tonight. It gives the squad an opportunity to recharge their batteries and I would strongly suggest the club try and have the re-arranged fixture played on Tuesday 9th April. The reason for that is that our opponents on Saturday 13th April (Crewe) are playing on Wednesday 10th April at home to Brentford so effectively the team would have an extra days rest on our opponents at Gresty Road.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012