Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 06:21:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Reece Wabara  (Read 28154 times)

Wellred

• Forum Member
Reece Wabara
« on August 22, 2013, 02:16:05 pm by Wellred »
Just heard him on Radio Sheffield saying that he doesn't know if he will be here much longer. His loan is almost up but he said a fee had been agreed between the two clubs for a permanent transfer and he would love to stay subject to the investment going through.
I really am getting confused now.
Do we need external investment to cover this?
Can the money not be found by the existing shareholders?
Is someone not prepared to put any more money in?
Has someone not got the money to put in?

I wish someone could give us a clue to where we are heading or are we to find in a month or so we have no Reece Wabara or Richie Wellens.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
Re: Reece Wabara
« Reply #1 on August 22, 2013, 02:21:37 pm by steve@dcfd »
Have I said elsewhere if the present owners cannot fund the team to keep the standards we have sat they should all hang their heads in shame. I hope they do not allow this to happen they should be showing commitment to set a bench mark in the championship at least. We still need at the moment extra cover at centre half and left back as well as keeping Wellens and Wabarra.

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 22, 2013, 02:37:15 pm by Donnyrovers »
I hope something gets sorted because we need to keep Wabara and Wellens!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 22, 2013, 02:39:50 pm by dickos1 »
Why should they hang their heads in shame? What a daft thing to say

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 22, 2013, 02:47:52 pm by not on facebook »

BEcause they seem to be dragging Their feet from what we all can workout via ths scraps Of info floating about.

an idiot can see that staying in This division is vital for DRFC ,and to turn a blind eye to what rovers need to Help do that is silly.

i Get the impression that powers that be cant or wont  see Throu the woods for the trees

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 22, 2013, 02:54:57 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
It's very easy to spend someone else's money isn't it?

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 22, 2013, 03:01:43 pm by DearneValleyRover »
It's been mooted more than once that any extra investment has to be given 3 ways, what if a portion of that is financially unable to commit more funds.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 22, 2013, 03:02:29 pm by Wellred »

Get off your high horse.
That is what football supporters of EVERY club expect isn't it?

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 22, 2013, 03:02:59 pm by DearneValleyRover »

Get off your high horse.

No

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 22, 2013, 03:06:32 pm by Wellred »

Get off your high horse.

No
It's been mooted more than once that any extra investment has to be given 3 ways, what if a portion of that is financially unable to commit more funds.

ok with the exception of the members of the status quo club at Doncaster Rovers vsc

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 22, 2013, 03:08:37 pm by steve@dcfd »

BEcause they seem to be dragging Their feet from what we all can workout via ths scraps Of info floating about.

an idiot can see that staying in This division is vital for DRFC ,and to turn a blind eye to what rovers need to Help do that is silly.

i Get the impression that powers that be cant or wont  see Throu the woods for the trees

Thank you for that in total agreement.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 22, 2013, 03:09:04 pm by not on facebook »

Its Been  far too long enough Now to have left the rovers general Public in the dark as to what is what.

It dont cost a bean to keep Their fans ITK,or to come
Out with somert

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 22, 2013, 03:10:27 pm by steve@dcfd »

But they can't spend any one else's can they?
Standards need to be maintained, doing nothing is not an option.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 22, 2013, 03:13:02 pm by DearneValleyRover »

Get off your high horse.

No

ok with the exception of the members of the status quo club at Doncaster Rovers vsc

Another pathetic dig at the vsc, I posted as a fan and it has nothing to do with the Status Quo but to do with not expecting other people to spend all their money, it isn't Football Manager where there is a reset function and no consequences, it's real life so I don't expect I hope.

bigal

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 22, 2013, 03:13:49 pm by bigal »
I am sure i read some where that we could have him on a season long loan or buy him out right chose a months loan to see if he would be okay for championship

redwine

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 22, 2013, 03:14:00 pm by redwine »
If it's a case of status quo it has to be down down deeper and down

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 22, 2013, 03:15:31 pm by steve@dcfd »

So if that is the case, like the other things the VSC forum posters/ fans want is reassurances that the owners can maintain the squad we have at least. It's not a "little bit of Bully" here's what you "did" have.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 22, 2013, 03:19:32 pm by MrFrost »
Ok, lets not spend anyones money and watch us throw away what we are building.

If we end up losing players as a result of this takeover/investment farce then people have a right to moan.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 22, 2013, 03:19:59 pm by DearneValleyRover »

So if that is the case, like the other things the VSC forum posters/ fans want is reassurances that the owners can maintain the squad we have at least. It's not a "little bit of Bully" here's what you "did" have.

Agreed steve but with no info on offer all we can do is speculate isn't it.

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on August 22, 2013, 03:21:02 pm by Surrey Rover »

It's just a pity the general population of Donny can't see it because the support the club receives is pitiful when measured against what the club has achieved over the last 10 years and ultimately it's why we are where we are. Not once have we ever sold out at the Keepmoat... It's the towns folk that should hang their heads in shame.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on August 22, 2013, 03:23:38 pm by DearneValleyRover »

If we end up losing players as a result of this takeover/investment farce then people have a right to moan.

I agree if it is as a result of the above, If the investment had not reared it's head though we would have the budget that PD is now working with so the question really is can our shareholders afford to up the budget but has it not been stated how unfair it is to expect them to keep dipping into their pockets to fund the deficit? All these contradictions.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 22, 2013, 03:27:23 pm by steve@dcfd »

It's just a pity the general population of Donny can't see it because the support the club receives is pitiful when measured against what the club has achieved over the last 10 years and ultimately it's why we are where we are. Not once have we ever sold out at the Keepmoat... It's the towns folk that should hang their heads in shame.

I agree with that, but the owners knew what season tickets we had before assembling this squad. Therefore we should not be losing any players from this squad because we can't afford them. Extra support from the towns population is also a priority but allowing players to leave will not help.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 22, 2013, 03:34:43 pm by Wellred »

I agree if it is as a result of the above, If the investment had not reared it's head though we would have the budget that PD is now working with so the question really is can our shareholders afford to up the budget but has it not been stated how unfair it is to expect them to keep dipping into their pockets to fund the deficit? All these contradictions.

OK so let us say that no talks of any takeover/investment ever took place.
Would the shareholders put money up to sign Reece Wabara or would we be saying NO to him signing for us as we cannot afford him?
Because it seems as though that is the situation.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 22, 2013, 03:46:14 pm by wilts rover »
Or he was only brought in short term due to Quinn recovering from injury and is surplus to requirements/an added extra to the squad?

Based on absolutely nothing at all btw.....

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on August 22, 2013, 03:46:27 pm by dickos1 »
He's working within the budget that was set in the summer before this investment. Now people have heard of this takeover they're saying we should be spending more.
Dickov was happy with the budget set, so let him get on with it.
Ridiculous to suggest that just because a takeover was on the cards that now the directors should spend more of their own money.
They spend a damn site more of their own money than most owners do as it is

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on August 22, 2013, 03:47:48 pm by DearneValleyRover »

Would the shareholders put money up to sign Reece Wabara or would we be saying NO to him signing for us as we cannot afford him?

There are only 4 people who can answer that but not all are singing the same tune.

Tommy A

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 22, 2013, 03:48:11 pm by Tommy A »
I find this sort of "we want more and we want it now" kind of foot stamping attitude from some fans really frustrating.

Firstly, we are extremely lucky to have a set of owners who are prepared to fund the shortfall of the club year after year out of their own pockets - they don't have to do it you know!!!!

Secondly, the higher up the leagues we go the bigger that shortfall seems to become. How many of us would like to be in the position where the more success you have the greater the demands on your good nature become.

Remember, there isn't an endless queue of people lining up to give away their money to Doncaster Rovers -  why would there be???

If we are fortunate enough to attract another backer who is prepared to invest more money than the current owners IN THE LONG TERM then I'd be absolutely delighted.

But we have no right to criticise the current owners for underinvestment after all that they have done for the club in the past and continue to do.

SO..... if the owners say we can't afford to keep Wabara then tough!

Also, it isn't the end of the world if we can't maintain our current Championship status. We support DRFC whatever league we're in. with crowds under 10k currently it's difficult to justify why we should be able to stay there.

The end of the world is when we don't have a club to support at all!!

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on August 22, 2013, 03:49:01 pm by VivaRovers »

Call me old fashioned, but not signing a player because we can't afford to sign him seems like a wholly sensible approach.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on August 22, 2013, 04:11:25 pm by Wellred »

Call me old fashioned, but not signing a player because we can't afford to sign him seems like a wholly sensible approach.

I agree to a point but why agree a deal between the two clubs if we cannot afford the whole package.
Maybe had this whole takeover/investment scenario been kept quiet until it was sorted we wouldn't have the potential for players agents to inflate their demands.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on August 22, 2013, 04:19:52 pm by steve@dcfd »
He's working within the budget that was set in the summer before this investment. Now people have heard of this takeover they're saying we should be spending more.
Dickov was happy with the budget set, so let him get on with it.
Ridiculous to suggest that just because a takeover was on the cards that now the directors should spend more of their own money.
They spend a damn site more of their own money than most owners do as it is

Sorry not in my case it's nothing to do with the takeover. It's do with the standard that PD has set so far this season. Championship football is far better than league. 1 and the players we have so far can hold their heads up and be proud of their performances. The budget set  should have been at least to set a base in the championship. It's not new to the owners we have been here before. Paul  Quinn was not injured, PD wanted Wabarra and he has proved he can play at this level. PD wanted Wellens he has shown he can organise and play in our midfield. The team has set the standard we need to maintain that. If the owners cannot maintain this level then possible and we don't know their budget was not enough. We will have to wait and see what happens. My only fear with the bids is that they will stop the normal workings of the club with each side playing party politics to prove a point. I have no evidence just a fear.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012