Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 05:34:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Reece Wabara  (Read 28153 times)

newyankee

• VSC Member
Re: Reece Wabara
« Reply #60 on August 22, 2013, 08:08:08 pm by newyankee »

The point with Wellens is that as part of him coming to us and presumably agreeing a deal for after his short term deal is that he has been PAID off by Leicester from the last year of his deal with them. I would suggest therefore that at his age getting that payment and what we can pay him would do very nicely. If he thinks he is worth his Leicester money AND the same from us then there are plenty of free agent midfielders who are still looking for a club.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on August 22, 2013, 08:11:23 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Unbelievable Jeff! Mr Frost, whilst I understand the bed rock of your concerns, you can't keep putting 2 + 2 together, getting 5 and stating your interpretation as fact.

Much of what we deliberate over is the clubs business and is only known to key people. The Board, GB and PD. My guess is they will have sensible discussions on regular basis, armed with the facts including the state of our finances and will come to the best decisions possible.   

Prior to the season starting you said we'd be relegated by November and you felt the club were telling you porkies about transfers and contract renewals, we didn't have a squad assembled before the first game.

Now, are we in a healthier position than you expected us to be?

Let's leave it to the experts. TBH, I didn't expect to see RW in a Rovers shirt again on what I heard from GB however, it just shows that if there is a deal to be done, they will do their level best to work something out.

The best thing you and me can do, is cheer the lads on and hope we get past Leeds to the next round of the cup, then keep our fingers crossed for a 'lucrative' draw.   

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on August 22, 2013, 08:14:45 pm by Muttley »
Ok, lets not spend anyones money and watch us throw away what we are building.

If we end up losing players as a result of this takeover/investment farce then people have a right to moan.

I agree if it is as a result of the above, If the investment had not reared it's head though we would have the budget that PD is now working with so the question really is can our shareholders afford to up the budget but has it not been stated how unfair it is to expect them to keep dipping into their pockets to fund the deficit? All these contradictions.

OK so let us say that no talks of any takeover/investment ever took place.
Would the shareholders put money up to sign Reece Wabara or would we be saying NO to him signing for us as we cannot afford him?
Because it seems as though that is the situation.

There are only 4 people who can answer that but not all are singing the same tune.

Who's the 4th person?

bigal

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on August 22, 2013, 08:22:05 pm by bigal »
Unbelievable Jeff! Mr Frost, whilst I understand the bed rock of your concerns, you can't keep putting 2 + 2 together, getting 5 and stating your interpretation as fact.

Much of what we deliberate over is the clubs business and is only known to key people. The Board, GB and PD. My guess is they will have sensible discussions on regular basis, armed with the facts including the state of our finances and will come to the best decisions possible.   

Prior to the season starting you said we'd be relegated by November and you felt the club were telling you porkies about transfers and contract renewals, we didn't have a squad assembled before the first game.

Now, are we in a healthier position than you expected us to be?

Let's leave it to the experts. TBH, I didn't expect to see RW in a Rovers shirt again on what I heard from GB however, it just shows that if there is a deal to be done, they will do their level best to work something out.

The best thing you and me can do, is cheer the lads on and hope we get past Leeds to the next round of the cup, then keep our fingers crossed for a 'lucrative' draw.   
Excellent post

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on August 22, 2013, 08:27:25 pm by BigH »
He's working within the budget that was set in the summer before this investment. Now people have heard of this takeover they're saying we should be spending more.
Dickov was happy with the budget set, so let him get on with it.
Ridiculous to suggest that just because a takeover was on the cards that now the directors should spend more of their own money.
They spend a damn site more of their own money than most owners do as it is

Sorry not in my case it's nothing to do with the takeover. It's do with the standard that PD has set so far this season. Championship football is far better than league. 1 and the players we have so far can hold their heads up and be proud of their performances. The budget set  should have been at least to set a base in the championship. It's not new to the owners we have been here before. Paul  Quinn was not injured, PD wanted Wabarra and he has proved he can play at this level. PD wanted Wellens he has shown he can organise and play in our midfield. The team has set the standard we need to maintain that. If the owners cannot maintain this level then possible and we don't know their budget was not enough. We will have to wait and see what happens. My only fear with the bids is that they will stop the normal workings of the club with each side playing party politics to prove a point. I have no evidence just a fear.

I agree Steve, the team's recent performances have proved we can compete with the group of players that we have. If the Board/shareholders decide that the cost of keeping this group of players together is beyond what they're prepared to commit then they're playing a bit of a game and running a risk of falling short. Surely the lessons of the SOD era have been learnt when the salami slicing of the budget resulted, ultimately, in us being unable to compete at this level. Mind it didn't help that SOD made a series of crap signings as well...

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on August 22, 2013, 08:28:01 pm by IDM »
To all those suggesting the directors/owners/investors should plough in cash to fund transfers and pay wages, don't forget there are financial fair play rules to follow, regardless of how rich they are.....

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on August 22, 2013, 08:35:06 pm by silent majority »
BigH,

One of the points I was trying to make, maybe not very well, is that there are plenty of players out there who could do a great job for us without having to break out wage structure in the process. Example being Theo Robinson and not Billy Sharp.

I could expect something similar about Richie Wellens.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on August 22, 2013, 08:39:59 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
OK Captain Sensible, you have to admit Richie's a bit good though eh?

Allegedly, De Val's pretty good as well though!

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on August 22, 2013, 08:53:24 pm by podrover73 »
JR did not put the investment in the public arena it was already there care of Sky sports.

Also Mr Bramall where ever he is needs to come back with indications of this second bid /investment at some point or come up with a reason why he blocked the first deal 

CraigyBoy

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on August 22, 2013, 08:57:46 pm by CraigyBoy »
Seems to me the club have been writing cheques on the never never. What I think is bizarre is that supposed clever men would try to plan rovers season on a deal that they themselves appear to be holding up!! It just seems like amateur night again at rovers. Whoever is holding the investment back now is doing the club no favours because it seems like they have been planning the whole seasons squad on this new money! I just cannot believe this has happened, I mean most of you wouldn't have been so stupid. The other way of looking at it is that someone else on he board might be throwing a spanner in that is going to make the club suffer. Who knows? All I know is that this situation is stupid and smacks of a testosterone filled boardroom. Get them all a scenting post and have done with it.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on August 22, 2013, 09:01:30 pm by mrfrostsdad »
If Wellens goes, we are going to be putting a lot of trust in people who we don't actually know, at this time, if they are going to be any good at this level.

Forrester has never played in the Championship.
De Val has never played at this level either. I suspect whatever league he payed in in Spain is well different to this.

I know we've probably made a better start than we thought we would, but lets not get carried away, we have 43 games to go yet.

We have no cover at full back - either side, if Wabara goes, no cover at centre half, no,real cover in goal, and JR himself has admitted we need at least one, probably two more strikers.

If we were hit hard with injuries and suspensions, it would be tough for us

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on August 22, 2013, 09:02:58 pm by MrFrost »
BigH,

One of the points I was trying to make, maybe not very well, is that there are plenty of players out there who could do a great job for us without having to break out wage structure in the process. Example being Theo Robinson and not Billy Sharp.

I could expect something similar about Richie Wellens.

So why not bring someone else into start with, rather than flash Wellens in front of our face, then (potentially) take him away again?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on August 22, 2013, 09:04:09 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
How did we win the war?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR6wok7g7do" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR6wok7g7do</a>

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on August 22, 2013, 09:05:28 pm by vaya »
Nice to see Griffin's moved on.

(Not sure the apron suits him though)

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on August 22, 2013, 09:22:31 pm by bedale rover »
If Wellens goes, we are going to be putting a lot of trust in people who we don't actually know, at this time, if they are going to be any good at this level.

Forrester has never played in the Championship.
De Val has never played at this level either. I suspect whatever league he payed in in Spain is well different to this.

I know we've probably made a better start than we thought we would, but lets not get carried away, we have 43 games to go yet.

We have no cover at full back - either side, if Wabara goes, no cover at centre half, no,real cover in goal, and JR himself has admitted we need at least one, probably two more strikers.

If we were hit hard with injuries and suspensions, it would be tough for us

Without too much thought
Quinn McCullough wakefield and finnigan

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on August 22, 2013, 09:26:33 pm by steve@dcfd »
OK Captain Sensible, you have to admit Richie's a bit good though eh?

Allegedly, De Val's pretty good as well though!

Having seen Marc De Val play in friendlies he will make a good player. He is not the same type of player has Richie. He is a more cultured Keegan have not seen him getting box to box just a sitter, with a good pass and tackle. Although he may have to curb that due to his injury.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on August 22, 2013, 09:46:19 pm by jonnydog »

If we end up losing players as a result of this takeover/investment farce then people have a right to moan.

I agree if it is as a result of the above, If the investment had not reared it's head though we would have the budget that PD is now working with so the question really is can our shareholders afford to up the budget but has it not been stated how unfair it is to expect them to keep dipping into their pockets to fund the deficit? All these contradictions.

Would the shareholders put money up to sign Reece Wabara or would we be saying NO to him signing for us as we cannot afford him?

There are only 4 people who can answer that but not all are singing the same tune.

Who's the 4th person?

Who's on first?

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on August 22, 2013, 09:56:02 pm by DearneValleyRover »

Who's the 4th person?

Gavin Baldwin

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on August 22, 2013, 09:56:34 pm by DearneValleyRover »
JR did not put the investment in the public arena it was already there care of Sky sports.

Also Mr Bramall where ever he is needs to come back with indications of this second bid /investment at some point or come up with a reason why he blocked the first deal 

And where did Sky get their info?

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on August 22, 2013, 09:57:31 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Put simply we could sign 2/3 players for what RW wants.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on August 22, 2013, 10:01:11 pm by jonnydog »

But would they be as good? In my opinion Wellens has proven he is just what we need to push the team and keep things tight.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on August 22, 2013, 10:05:03 pm by DearneValleyRover »

But would they be as good? In my opinion Wellens has proven he is just what we need to push the team and keep things tight.

I didn't say we could afford them just indicated how much Ritchie would cost.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on August 22, 2013, 10:11:48 pm by Wellred »

[/quot

It never ceases to amaze me how much inside information people on this forum have.
Do you want to share with us how much Richie wants?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on August 22, 2013, 10:13:43 pm by MrFrost »
And i'll ask the question again - why even have Wellens here if we knew his wage demands would be too high?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on August 22, 2013, 10:16:38 pm by MrFrost »
So lets say we lose both Wellens and Wabara because we can't afford them. What then? Make do with what we have. Which is no cover at either full back positions, and none with anywhere near the quality of Wellens.

It sounds like they were signed on a hope and a prayer of the takeover being completed by the time their short term deals ran out, which is become more and more obvious by the day that the deal will not be happening.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on August 22, 2013, 10:20:59 pm by Wellred »
So lets say we lose both Wellens and Wabara because we can't afford them. What then? Make do with what we have. Which is no cover at either full back positions, and none with anywhere near the quality of Wellens.

It sounds like they were signed on a hope and a prayer of the takeover being completed by the time their short term deals ran out, which is become more and more obvious by the day that the deal will not be happening.

But surely the Chief Executive would have to give the go ahead to sign these players and if as has been quoted he isn't in favour of the only takeover bid forthcoming so far then that doesn't make sense.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on August 22, 2013, 10:27:37 pm by dickos1 »
What's wrong? We started well so can't moan about the manager and the players, so lets moan about something else.
Ridiculous,
It's all what if, we've no idea what's going to happen

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on August 22, 2013, 10:30:58 pm by MrFrost »
What's wrong? We started well so can't moan about the manager and the players, so lets moan about something else.
Ridiculous,
It's all what if, we've no idea what's going to happen

Lets close the forum then if we cannot debate what is happening.
Or just strictly keep the top of conversation to games played.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on August 22, 2013, 10:40:26 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Your right Mr.Frost the forum is for debate and its healthy that we don't always agree, Wellens was on £15k at Leicester I will let you draw your own conclusions as to what the figure for us would be as to why we signed him, he was available, we wanted him, he agreed a short term contract that we cod afford and he's done very well for us, I don't see how that's been detrimental.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on August 22, 2013, 10:45:29 pm by MrFrost »
According to the Wabara interview we are arranging transfer deals dependent on the investment/takeover. Surely it is no good for anyone (club/player/fans) for this to be dragging on for the forseeable, especially when we are signing potential targets on short term deals, keeping our fingers crossed that the investment will come good so we can sign them up permanently.
It's got disaster written all over it.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012