Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 02:52:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: terry bramall  (Read 25138 times)

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
Re: terry bramall
« Reply #30 on November 29, 2013, 01:12:33 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Come on then Alick, tell us all about John Ryan's lies

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on November 29, 2013, 01:32:37 pm by steve@dcfd »
What does TB mean by “Results on the pitch have not been great, but developments at the club have been going well. The mood is upbeat and the staff are pleased it’s staying with us.

Does he mean the developments for club Doncaster.

Surely us fans are bothered about results on the pitch than acquiring two Rugby clubs.

JR had his faults but he put all his efforts in to getting the best possible team he could for the Fans.

Club Doncaster means nothing to me has a fan, performance and results on the pitch are the main thing. I believe the 6400 home fans that on average turn up to support the team want that also.

We keep getting told about IRWT and the input from Fans, but really how many fans have an input. On all the votes carried out on here we normally get 200 forum users voting. So when VSC go and put their views to the club it comes from a minority who are supporters but a lot of exiles. When talking to Gavin are they giving their points of view which is the views on here and may be not the views of supporters at games.

I want TB to ensure we do not get relegated this season, it's not all down to the manager.

After all the club have said, “They are excited about the future of Doncaster Rovers and helping the club to realise some of its unfulfilled aims. The current owners have a clear and exciting vision for the club which they are keen to deliver". This should mean for the team not Club Doncaster, my season ticket is for the football team not for two rugby clubs in which I have no interest.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 01:34:56 pm by steve@dcfd »

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on November 29, 2013, 01:37:15 pm by Alickismyhero »
What about.......

DOB, and "I was tricked in to giving his name"? Who tricked him?

Oh .....Its not DOB at all.......I made a mistake, really

I have sold my shares to SC and when asked about his sale refused to answer the question. According to CH he still owns the shares as of today.

I think it is very sad that his credibility went down the pan when he should have been given a knighthood.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on November 29, 2013, 01:40:26 pm by River Don »
The supporters at the game are always welcome and encouraged to join the VSC because the VSC are here to represent them.

The supporters at the game are not prevented from airing their views on this forum. The supporters at the game can also participate in IRWT questionnaires and such.

AND the people who use this forum and members of the VSC are actually supporters at the game too.

Why is it always supposed that the wider majority of supporters at the game have views radically different to the views of the minority of supporters at the game who are keen enough to join the VSC or post on the forum?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 01:51:42 pm by River Don »

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on November 29, 2013, 03:56:04 pm by Alickismyhero »
OldFrosty,

Are they lies, terminological inexactitudes, or have I just misunderstood him?

Whatever they are we should all move on. The future is secure.

lee.j09

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on November 29, 2013, 05:59:19 pm by lee.j09 »
The supporters at the game are always welcome and encouraged to join the VSC because the VSC are here to represent them.

The supporters at the game are not prevented from airing their views on this forum. The supporters at the game can also participate in IRWT questionnaires and such.

AND the people who use this forum and members of the VSC are actually supporters at the game too.

Why is it always supposed that the wider majority of supporters at the game have views radically different to the views of the minority of supporters at the game who are keen enough to join the VSC or post on the forum?

that's where your wrong the vsc represents its self and itself only. the majority of the fans backed JR FACT! the vsc didn't.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on November 29, 2013, 06:07:51 pm by IDM »
Hang on, didn't the VSC question the proposed takeover, then hold off from supporting it because their questions went unanswered?

That's a lot different to not backing JR.!  I am also fairly sure the VSC represents its members, and anyone is free to join...

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on November 29, 2013, 06:16:02 pm by silent majority »
Lee.j09

So whereabouts are these facts you speak of? I haven't seen anything that represents what the majority of DRFC fans wanted, not on here or any other social media outlet.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on November 29, 2013, 07:07:56 pm by mrfrostsdad »
I think it reasonable to assume his credibility didn't go down the pan with the majority of the fans.
I read Facebook as well as this forum (not Twitter I admit) and I think JR has a lot of support. He has support on here too, as does TB. Having said that, most of his support comes from the VSC directors.

If JR does read this forum and I don't know if he does or not, I'm sure he would love to read exactly where and when he lied.

I wouldn't follow him over a cliff, but I know who I would sooner have at the helm of my football club

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on November 29, 2013, 07:17:50 pm by River Don »

that's where your wrong the vsc represents its self and itself only. the majority of the fans backed JR FACT! the vsc didn't.

Well that's a bit strange then Lee, because I was at the game and you didn't ask me what I thought. I was with half a dozen friends, I don't remember you or anyone else canvassing our opinion about the takeover.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on November 29, 2013, 08:30:02 pm by Alickismyhero »

I wouldn't follow him over a cliff, but I know who I would sooner have at the helm of my football club
[/quote]
I think it reasonable to assume his credibility didn't go down the pan with the majority of the fans.
I read Facebook as well as this forum (not Twitter I admit) and I think JR has a lot of support. He has support on here too, as does TB. Having said that, most of his support comes from the VSC directors.

If JR does read this forum and I don't know if he does or not, I'm sure he would love to read exactly where and when he lied.

And I thought you were going to answer my questions I did pose the questions to you and not Ryan.

Right now Bramall is the man for me but when things settle down I would like to see a strong football director to put that side of things over. Bramall doesn't like yes men, he is a force to deal with in the boardroom and he is not easy to beat, Ryan is an example of that. So I would like to see a balance to create the synergy going forward.

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on November 29, 2013, 11:04:20 pm by wesisback »
Casp & Wesco I see you are relatively new to the forum with very similar views, strange!

I dont quite get what your issue is. I have fully submitted all my details to the forum that can be put against most social network sites to confirm my identity.
It must be hard to see more than one person challenge the bubbled world a lot of you live in on here where every decision made is a good one and deserves a good pat on the back all round but unfortunately, while my opinion is similar to mentioned poster, it's also representative of a hell of lot more fans!

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on December 01, 2013, 12:54:34 am by BobG »
Hmm Wesco. Anyone who believes pretty well anything that's written on twitter, facebook and all the other organs  for those unable to think simply prove the point. To then quote that as 'evidence for Gods sake simply damns you out of your own mouth. Well, keyboard actually.

Sorry Wexco. Your points have less credibility than even my claim to be an England opening batsman.

BobG

PS. I see the insufferable Lee hasn't come back with any evidence either. Poor lad.

lee.j09

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on December 01, 2013, 09:27:23 am by lee.j09 »
It was plain to see at barnsley and every other internet platform but this one simples!

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on December 01, 2013, 09:41:07 am by Rovers Return »
It was plain to see at barnsley and every other internet platform but this one simples!

I was at Barnsley and there were certainly far more not joining in than were. Also the demographic group that were actually chanting looked like they had school on Monday. Just saying......

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on December 01, 2013, 09:46:24 am by IDM »
Maybe that same demographic is the one that has the most usage of FB and t**tter?  Whilst they are both very popular with millions of users, I would still say they are not representative of DRFC fans as a whole.  I am in my 40's and I don't use FB for example, but I will post on here (and used to use BBC 606).  My dad in his 60's has been following DRFC since his childhood and wouldn't even look at the forums, never mind FB etc.  I would guess (but not claim as fact) that this is representative of similar generations?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on December 01, 2013, 09:54:20 am by Wellred »
Hmm Wesco. Anyone who believes pretty well anything that's written on twitter, facebook and all the other organs  for those unable to think simply prove the point. To then quote that as 'evidence for Gods sake simply damns you out of your own mouth. Well, keyboard actually.

Sorry Wexco. Your points have less credibility than even my claim to be an England opening batsman.

BobG

PS. I see the insufferable Lee hasn't come back with any evidence either. Poor lad.

You seem to be getting confused in your old age.

Are you an England opening batsman or are you England's future opening bowler.

How can we take anybody seriously who doesn't know whether they are batting or bowling ;-)

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on December 01, 2013, 09:57:03 am by Rovers Return »
Maybe that same demographic is the one that has the most usage of FB and t**tter?  Whilst they are both very popular with millions of users, I would still say they are not representative of DRFC fans as a whole.  I am in my 40's and I don't use FB for example, but I will post on here (and used to use BBC 606).  My dad in his 60's has been following DRFC since his childhood and wouldn't even look at the forums, never mind FB etc.  I would guess (but not claim as fact) that this is representative of similar generations?

I'd go along with that. The more seasoned you are the less you feel the need to publicly announce your feelings. Most of us have seen pantomime tricks like that many times before and are less impressed. If I remember correctly at a pantomime it's the kids who are encouraged to shout out 'He's behind you' because they are the ones easily influenced. Sadly as we grow some adults never learn that Jack didn't really have any magic beans at all and it was a fairy story all along.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on December 01, 2013, 11:58:19 pm by BobG »
I'm neither Red. although i loved playing, I was, basically, not very good at it.

BobG

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on December 02, 2013, 04:26:40 am by roversdude »
It's quite easy to get caught up in things in the heat of the moment
I dare bet a lot of those "showing their support" for JR at Barnsley fell into this category
Personally speaking JR WAS brilliant for the club and I doubt no one would hesitate in offering thanks for what he has done, however it seemed to me he had been looking for a way out for a while
The comments regarding FB etc are valid in my opinion, I'm 40+ and have never felt the need to tell the world that I'm having a shite/going to Sainsburys/etc

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on December 02, 2013, 04:30:57 am by PDX_Rover »

I'd go along with that. The more seasoned you are the less you feel the need to publicly announce your feelings. Most of us have seen pantomime tricks like that many times before and are less impressed. If I remember correctly at a pantomime it's the kids who are encouraged to shout out 'He's behind you' because they are the ones easily influenced. Sadly as we grow some adults never learn that Jack didn't really have any magic beans at all and it was a fairy story all along.

The Jack I knew had some magic beans. You could get some every Saturday night at the George IV in Brixton. In the beginning there was Jack... And Jack had a groove...
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 04:35:28 am by PDX_Rover »

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on December 02, 2013, 07:04:06 am by Glyn_Wigley »

Really? And how many of those people you say were showing him support were actually aware that he'd just resigned five minutes earlier? Why do you think he's timed theannouncementfor then?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on December 02, 2013, 07:07:19 am by Wellred »
Do you not think it's time to give the whole JR v TB thing a rest now?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on December 02, 2013, 08:36:13 am by The Red Baron »
Do you not think it's time to give the whole JR v TB thing a rest now?

I agree- but let's not forget who made the whole thing personal in the first place.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on December 02, 2013, 02:32:32 pm by Wellred »
Ok so let it rest after you have had one last little dig  :facepalm:

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on December 02, 2013, 02:38:21 pm by hoolahoop »
Ok so let it rest after you have had one last little dig  :facepalm:

AMEN TO THAT   :rtid: :rtid: :rtid:
AMEN TO THAT  :rtid: :rtid: :rtid:
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 02:45:21 pm by hoolahoop »

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on December 02, 2013, 03:13:57 pm by Alickismyhero »
Wellred,

and you thought I would never agree with you? Its a dead DUCK AND SO SAY ALL OF US

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on December 02, 2013, 04:12:38 pm by hoolahoop »
Right we can all be mates again and discuss footy rather than argue for the sake of it ?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on December 02, 2013, 05:33:55 pm by Filo »
As fans we never had a say on how the club should run but we seemed to have voice and and ear in JR and that has been silenced with his resignation . I doubt we can expect to
Have much of an input apart from how we want to pay for our season ticket . Those who in the past gave credit to JR for all the clubs success may find the new management a little deaf from now  on. IMO of course . Just incase there listening.

My understanding is you are well wide of the mark, you need to accept, JR is not around any more and stop hankering for the past, look to the future and support whoever is in charge instead of trying to keep the recent political unrest festering

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on December 02, 2013, 05:53:37 pm by hoolahoop »
As fans we never had a say on how the club should run but we seemed to have voice and and ear in JR and that has been silenced with his resignation . I doubt we can expect to
Have much of an input apart from how we want to pay for our season ticket . Those who in the past gave credit to JR for all the clubs success may find the new management a little deaf from now  on. IMO of course . Just incase there listening.

I have supported this club for many years and save the odd trip into the Polypipe Stand that's all you got from JR. Please name me one just one instance where JR actually listened and took action from a single or group of fans.
You don't have to think too long as there aren't many instances over many yearswhere that has actually happened.
Where has this myth come from ? Look I don't  and never have had any problems with him as a person over the years but the Barnsley ''stunt''really pissed me off ..........it was the day that John Ryan FORGOT that DRFC belongs to the folk of Doncaster as it has for over a century and didn't belong to HIM.
Why oh why  people fall for such stunts is beyond me ? They have for years and the gullibility goes on and on and on...................................RANT OVER

Remember that this club belongs to this town and not any individual. I thank JR for what all that he has done but am disappointed in his recent actions
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 05:56:53 pm by hoolahoop »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012