Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 07:16:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Flare  (Read 20296 times)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
Flare
« on November 29, 2014, 06:24:13 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Just listened to PDs interview on Radio Sheffield and he was asked to comment on the flare chucked on the pitch from the Rovers fans.

Well whoever you are you are a stupid Muppet and I hope you are caught and banned for life!

And that's being polite about you!!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

lee.j09

• Forum Member
Re: Flare
« Reply #1 on November 29, 2014, 06:38:14 pm by lee.j09 »
Yawn

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 29, 2014, 06:58:37 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Yawn

I take it throwing flares on the pitch is ok in your world then!

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 29, 2014, 07:05:28 pm by drfc1951 »
Maybe he threw it.

lee.j09

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 29, 2014, 07:11:10 pm by lee.j09 »
Yawn

I take it throwing flares on the pitch is ok in your world then!

Take it you wernt at the game seems as though the first thing you knew about it was via a interview?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 29, 2014, 07:11:49 pm by Donnywolf »
Maybe he threw it.

Or maybe he is anti flares and thinks we have done this to death already ? Just a thought

If he is having a pop at the OP then he deserves to get panned.

lee.j09

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 29, 2014, 07:15:16 pm by lee.j09 »
Very boring it happens it shouldn't get over it

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 29, 2014, 07:20:33 pm by wesisback »
Out if interest if anyone witnessed the apprehension or the ejection of the pitch invader, if you could drop me a PM it'd be much appreciated.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on November 29, 2014, 07:31:47 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I was at the game. Some bell end threw a flare. Some bell end (same one perhaps?) ran on the pitch. Bell end No2 then decided to swing a punch at a copper as he was being arrested.

Bell ends.

derbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 29, 2014, 07:34:27 pm by derbyrover »
Out if interest if anyone witnessed the apprehension or the ejection of the pitch invader, if you could drop me a PM it'd be much appreciated.

I saw it. from where I was it looked a little heavy handed and i'm glad it was......little fooker deserved everything that happened to him tbh

Some of the "youth" that go to the game make me piss myself, they all look a little inbred and about 3 stone wet through.

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 29, 2014, 07:36:38 pm by wesisback »
I'm not going to discuss it at length BST but 'Bell end 2' had his neck kneeled on by a steward when he has already down on the ground. Now I'm in no way condoning his behaviour on the pitch, he deserved to be ejected and arrested for it, however I'd like some accountability for the way the steward acted. I work with S.I.A. and there was no part of his training that suggested he was using it.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on November 29, 2014, 07:40:58 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Wesco

I know. I saw it. I'm sure bell end 2 has got the story he wanted. It'll big him up to his mates.

What other reason is there to run on the pitch that to make a t**t of yourself and get chinned by the stewards/coppers?

derbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 29, 2014, 07:45:16 pm by derbyrover »
I'm not going to discuss it at length BST but 'Bell end 2' had his neck kneeled on by a steward when he has already down on the ground.

awwwww diddums  :crying:

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 29, 2014, 07:46:34 pm by wesisback »
Like I've said BST, whatever comes of his trip on the pitch, it's fully deserved. If he gets a ban and a criminal record, he knew that was one of the risks when he decided to enter the pitch. However to kneel on his neck when he was already restrained on the floor is not only a cheap shot, I've no doubt it's illegal. If we as football fans allow said stewards to get away with it, we let them think they can do it again. Who decides what amount of force was acceptable to use in this case? Was this tactic used because the stewards chums had been mugged off on the pitch?

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on November 29, 2014, 07:47:27 pm by Lincoln Rover »
LeeJ09
With comments like yours, your clearly not even as bright as the extinguished flare.

lee.j09

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on November 29, 2014, 07:58:26 pm by lee.j09 »
It's a flare bet you let off or watched fireworks on bonfire night didn't you?

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on November 29, 2014, 08:05:03 pm by Lincoln Rover »
Stick to sparklers that's what you give little children who shouldn't be let out without supervision.
lee admit your comment was wrong and earn a little bit of respect back. That's what grown ups do.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on November 29, 2014, 08:09:11 pm by Donnywolf »

Flares are ILLEGAL in Football Grounds ... end of story. They have caused DEATHS in the recent past

If you are old enough to drive I suspect you think its ok to use your Mobile while driving at 60 mph in a 40 mph zone then Parking on double Yellow Lines.

lee.j09

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 29, 2014, 08:24:55 pm by lee.j09 »
Stick to sparklers that's what you give little children who shouldn't be let out without supervision.
lee admit your comment was wrong and earn a little bit of respect back. That's what grown ups do.

all your doing by talking and bringing it up on a open forum is giving the club a bad rep!

leave it to the authorities or others that can deal with it!

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on November 29, 2014, 08:27:37 pm by podrover73 »
The problem is this issue isn't going to go away any time soon, cause as sure as eggs is eggs they will return again Tuesday should we score. Until the club is hit with a massive fine or the culprits are identified,  but none of the thirty or so in the know will say who it is. In the end it is going to hurt the club before the perpetrators grow up

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on November 29, 2014, 08:32:48 pm by Alickismyhero »
I wasn't there today but my brother was. In his opinion there is a small element in our crowd that seem to be hell bent on trouble which is fuelled by alcohol. The flare thing is wrong and should be condemned most strongly, because I would think the club will be fined for his foolish action.

My brother was saying that the supporters around him were actually shouting for the culprit to get a good hiding by the stewards and were actually booing the kid. Although I think only the minimal force should be used to deal with him its not a perfect world and the emotion of the moment will prevail.

There were 3 SLO's there today perhaps they will give their opinion of the action of this small element that seem to be attracting the wrong type reputation for our club.

Lee, just think about it, thats what this forum is about, to pass an opinion.  Its not the opinions on this forum that gets the club a bad reputation its the idiot with the flare.

Do we accept this behaviour or we/club do something about it?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 08:38:53 pm by Alickismyhero »

lee.j09

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on November 29, 2014, 08:38:00 pm by lee.j09 »
But while ever you talk about it on here or other social media sites you are fueling the fire.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on November 29, 2014, 08:38:29 pm by the vicar »
the sergeant from donny told me that our club will get a 25 grand fine from the league for that

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on November 29, 2014, 08:40:44 pm by the vicar »
I'm not going to discuss it at length BST but 'Bell end 2' had his neck kneeled on by a steward when he has already down on the ground.

awwwww diddums  :crying:
if he had not gone on the pitch then it would not of happened so it was his own fault

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on November 29, 2014, 08:44:27 pm by Al4475 »
I reckon that's probably about right vicar - I think (tho I may be wrong) it's 8 grand every game a flare is released but goes up by repeating offences! I think it also means extra costs on having an extended police force for both teams in the next game too! Like I said tho I could be wrong!

bob the builder

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on November 29, 2014, 08:45:53 pm by bob the builder »
if I remember correctly that moron has got the club a £30,000 fine because we are being monitored for excessive  use of flares at away games

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on November 29, 2014, 08:48:23 pm by i_ateallthepies »
I was there today and the bell end got nothing of the treatment I would have liked to have seen him get.  He resisted restraint all the way and to say he had his neck kneeled on, I didn't see any such treatment and the steward who was trying to restrain him had plenty of girth on him yet when he was brought to his feet to be apprehended by the police he set off again with his flailing arms doing his best to keep the spectacle going.  Anybody who had his neck kneeled on by that steward wouldn't have got up asking for more.
Anyway Wesco, how do YOU know anybody kneeled on his neck? he was on the floor right under the perimeter wall where those of us who stayed in our seats couldn't possibly have seen what you describe.  Or was you the knob trying to make a name for yourself protesting at the time?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on November 29, 2014, 08:54:43 pm by bpoolrover »
While flares are wrong every club in the country must be getting huge fines if them figures are correct

bfdoncaster west

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on November 29, 2014, 08:57:10 pm by bfdoncaster west »
where do you work wesco

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on November 29, 2014, 08:57:53 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

I didn't. How much do I win off you?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 09:00:24 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012