Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 06:22:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Black Bank  (Read 36591 times)

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
Re: Black Bank
« Reply #30 on November 02, 2015, 06:28:46 pm by Draytonian III »
I thought it was a vote for favourite /cult players not best players. Other players were better than Cramb and Douggie ,but no way near as popular

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on November 02, 2015, 06:45:18 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Be even better when it becomes an all standing section. Can't wait for the seats to be ripped out.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on November 02, 2015, 06:55:11 pm by graingrover »
I bet that a lot of financial support has been contributed by people who are VSC members ... so grow up Black Bankers and turn all your energies to supportive actions and let the anti VS chants die or risk alienating folk who support YOU .

redbrez

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on November 02, 2015, 08:45:12 pm by redbrez »
good effort black bank ,im enjoying the atmosphere and game a lot better now , i would like to contribute and buy 2 scarf packages.
how do i collect them or are they delivered?

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on November 02, 2015, 09:29:12 pm by Copps is Magic »
Over £500 now. 60% of the target hit. Thanks to all those who've donated so far. Whatever your political views - the Black Bank should be a non-partisan movement. By the fans for the fans.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on November 02, 2015, 10:09:45 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Over £500 now. 60% of the target hit. Thanks to all those who've donated so far. Whatever your political views - the Black Bank should be a non-partisan movement. By the fans for the fans.

well tell em to stop chanting shit about the vsc   ;)  and yes I am enjoying the atmosphere

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on November 02, 2015, 10:47:21 pm by Copps is Magic »
It's up to other people what they do. Having stood in middle of it for most games this season I can only say it's always a handful of people, never the majority. Neither is it necessarily the people doing the mobilising behind the scenes. That it seems to bother some people is only fuel in the fire for them really.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 10:49:31 pm by Copps is Magic »

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on November 02, 2015, 10:48:28 pm by roversontheup »
I'm a VSC member. I donated some of my own money to the Black Bank and I really like what is being done......BUT........not the anti VSC chants etc. We are all Rovers supporters and want the same thing.....lets just all work together.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on November 02, 2015, 10:51:48 pm by IDM »
It's up other people what they do. Having stood in middle of it for most games this season I can only say it's always a handful of people, never the majority. Neither is it necessarily the people doing the mobilising behind the scenes. That it seems to bother some people is only fuel in the fire for them really.

I have said it before and I still think the same.  There may be a very small number of fans who have a gripe with the VSC organisation, but the others will either just have had forum disagreements, or will be jumping on the bandwagon to find another reason to say "f**k" at the football.

I do think that once we start entertaining more and consistently - as we all hope DF will achieve - then the BB chanting as a whole would be more positive. 

I don't like the "we are f**king shite" chants either when losing.  The worst "support" I observed recently was last season away at Notts Co. 

Anyway, a few issues aside, I think the whole BB concept has been a big success.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on November 03, 2015, 01:16:38 am by hoolahoop »
People are finding less and less things to moan about with The Black Bank and are joining in! It's growing, people have said about moving from West and East to South!!

I've heard that said too popstander however  I would like to think that long term we can get some of the lads and lasses in the West to feed off this too . perhaps they would do well to put their books down for a minute and join in. Lads /lasses of the drsg you have got to drop this 'VSC Is enemy no.1 shite ★' quickly.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on November 03, 2015, 06:41:02 am by GazLaz »
I went to watch Bremen vs Dortmund on Saturday. We were in the standing section behind the goal, it was just about full 90mins before kick off. Great atmosphere. Couldn't see too much of the game though for all the big flags!!

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on November 03, 2015, 07:18:14 am by Muttley »
good effort black bank ,im enjoying the atmosphere and game a lot better now , i would like to contribute and buy 2 scarf packages.

Click the link in the first post in this thread.

PopStander

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on November 03, 2015, 01:34:00 pm by PopStander »
You can pick them up from the High Park Club or from the Keepmoat. When they've arrived.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on November 03, 2015, 01:37:05 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Can we cancel the pyro advert at half time. I'd forgotten that pyro existed then we get that stupid advert to remind us all. If it's not talked about it won't get used and clearly hasn't done.

PDS

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on November 03, 2015, 01:44:31 pm by PDS »
Is it just me wondering whats going on with the Black Bank.

Streamers? Really? Planning to intimidate the opposition with a little rythmic gymnastics?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on November 03, 2015, 01:56:17 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I reckon trends are swinging back to the 60's when fans used to shake their scarves,  spin their Rattles and throw toilet rolls.

The original 'Shake Rattle and Roll'!

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on November 03, 2015, 03:14:42 pm by DearneValleyRover »

What does that mean?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on November 03, 2015, 03:34:44 pm by RedJ »
In terms of fan group politics, maybe?

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on November 03, 2015, 03:56:00 pm by Copps is Magic »
^

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on November 03, 2015, 05:46:57 pm by silent majority »
Copps,

When the fan panel first sat down and discussed the South Stand and creating an atmosphere, (it wasn't known as the Black Bank at the time) the ground rules were that it wasn't 'owned' by any fan group and should be non-partisan. I think its fair to say that for the majority of the time that's been the case. We've supported it and when able to we've promoted it.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on November 03, 2015, 08:52:37 pm by Copps is Magic »
That is still very much the spirit of it SM as far as I can tell!

We've also just topped £600 and 70% funded. Last opportunity to get a scarf if anyone wants one. Going like hot cakes.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on November 03, 2015, 09:43:21 pm by Al4475 »
So how come the VSC board and members can support it, pay their money, do their bit and still get slagged off by a few Black Bankers if it's non-partisan?

Nathan West

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on November 03, 2015, 09:52:15 pm by Nathan West »
Some very precious comments on here. I sort of do "get" why it's sung a bit more now after reading this thread.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on November 03, 2015, 09:54:38 pm by Copps is Magic »
Al, I don't know if you've read the thread but you're about 6th or 7th person to ask that. I don't have an answer other than the one I have given - which is not really an answer I admit more a remark on who actually sings the chant. Remember the BB can't police what happens in an entire stand.

Isn't the question part of the problem? The constant circles that people are going round in? This us and them mentality?

The first crowdfunder got a lot of support on here the first time round. This one not so much. That's fair enough, I am just plugging it because I still think there is many positives to come knowing a little bit about what is planned for the future.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on November 03, 2015, 09:56:27 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Which ones are the "precious" comments Nathan?

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on November 03, 2015, 10:05:25 pm by Al4475 »
Sorry Copps - I did read it all - but it's still a bit shite to say the least! LOL!

TBF I don't think I've ever recalled a 'FXXX the DRSG' or 'FXXX the Black Bank' comment on here.

But there's a fair few examples of comments on FB and suchlike saying stuff like 'only got one thing on my mind at the moment ......... 'FXXX the VSC?'

Just don't get what it's a'll about as I'm more than sure that anybody singing stuff like that, commenting like that or generally being crap towards supporters (and indeed the initial groundworkers) of the idea  actually has no idea when or why the VSC were formed and what it's core aims and objectives are!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 10:10:13 pm by Al4475 »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on November 03, 2015, 10:20:18 pm by IDM »
Some very precious comments on here. I sort of do "get" why it's sung a bit more now after reading this thread.

I am not quite sure what you mean, but therein lies the issue IMHO.

You say you get why it is sung because of the thread - therefore you vicariously show that the anti VSC sentiment isn't actually anti-VSC, it is anti the forum - or anti some of the comments/users of the forum.

Even more so when they sometimes chant "stick your forum up your arse"

Can't folks distinguish between "the VSC" and the forum it hosts?

As to your comment, I don't get it - the thread is generally supportive of the achievements of the Black Bank project, despite any anti-VSC sentiment.  I don't like that sentiment but I applaud the success of the BB.  What's wrong with that?

Nathan West

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on November 03, 2015, 10:34:09 pm by Nathan West »
I know the difference between the forum and the VSC, thank you very much.

It's the directors with the precious comments, hence why I can get why it's sung.

Al, you and others keep mentioning this "initial groundwork" for the black bank but it's utter tosh. I could ask you any question about the black bank that any organiser and founder of it could answer and yous wouldn't have a scooby on the answer. You's don't know because it's been zero to do with the VSC. The fan panel is totally and utterly different to the black bank. It wasn't created from it.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on November 03, 2015, 10:38:01 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Nathan

Let me get this right. You are, apparently, well informed about the origins of Black Bank, who is responsible for it and who isn't. Yet you were shocked, SHOCKED at the recent chanting of "f**k the VSC" and you wonder what it is all about?

Is that about right?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on November 03, 2015, 10:39:23 pm by IDM »
I know the difference between the forum and the VSC, thank you very much.

It's the directors with the precious comments, hence why I can get why it's sung.

Al, you and others keep mentioning this "initial groundwork" for the black bank but it's utter tosh. I could ask you any question about the black bank that any organiser and founder of it could answer and yous wouldn't have a scooby on the answer. You's don't know because it's been zero to do with the VSC. The fan panel is totally and utterly different to the black bank. It wasn't created from it.

My statement wasn't aimed at you specifically, more at the anti-VSC chanters.

You are still referring to forum comments, and not the VSC as an organisation.  As for your last paragraph, you seem to be being divisive - why?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012