Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 04:23:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Black Bank  (Read 36590 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Black Bank
« Reply #60 on November 03, 2015, 11:00:39 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Oh aye. And you know who the VSC directors are as well.

You know such a lot of the background. But you were shocked, SHOCKED by the chanting. How odd.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on November 04, 2015, 01:05:31 am by bobjimwilly »
The black bank is the name of the singing section that was created following discussions in the fan panel.

Initial meetings outside of the fan panel were with singers from the west stand. Myself and Martin couldn't make that meeting, which was a Tuesday evening pre-match. We were told at the time by the club that no-one from outside the fan panel could attend the meeting in our place either eg other VSC Directors. Since that meeting, members of the DRSG, and subseqently former west-stand singers, gathered together, came up with the name for the singing section in the south stand etc. Important decisions, such as the area in the South Stand where standing is "allowed", have all been made by the fan panel however. The stadium manager and/or club representatives have overseen all fan panel meetings and been aware of all decisions made, with Mark Bradley from the fan experience company acting in an independent advisory and communication role.

Without the VSC, the black bank wouldn't exist. Without the DRSG, the black bank wouldn't exist. Without support and advice from the Supporters club and the other independent fan panel members, the black bank wouldn't exist.

Nathan West

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on November 04, 2015, 04:46:51 am by Nathan West »
Oh aye. And you know who the VSC directors are as well.

You know such a lot of the background. But you were shocked, SHOCKED by the chanting. How odd.

This isn't your issue, but I will give you the benefit of reply this once.

I was shocked yes, I'm always shocked at it. Because it's not about football.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on November 04, 2015, 06:44:34 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Ah Nathan, a prime example that it's about point scoring for some.  Just think how much more successful the thing would be if this pathetic point scoring from some of you would be.  Grow up ffs.

The atmosphere behind the goal is a great thing and I pushed for it for long enough, long before most.  Let's keep that going. But stop this pathetic infighting, it's what school kids do.

Stop that and we might find it gets much more successful. At the moment it is still putting people off.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on November 04, 2015, 07:35:23 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Right. Thanks for clearing that up. And for having the courtesy to give a reply to something that apparently isn't my issue.

And I'm glad this thread has helped you. You started this issue off asking what the "f**k the VSC" meme was all about. Now you seem to know what it's all about. Grand.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on November 04, 2015, 08:14:59 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
The adults amongst us can rise above this. The Black Bank is a creation by the fans, for the fans. End of.

The common denominator between us all is a simple one.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on November 04, 2015, 08:37:55 am by NickDRFC »
Ah Nathan, a prime example that it's about point scoring for some.  Just think how much more successful the thing would be if this pathetic point scoring from some of you would be.  Grow up ffs.

The atmosphere behind the goal is a great thing and I pushed for it for long enough, long before most.  Let's keep that going. But stop this pathetic infighting, it's what school kids do.

Stop that and we might find it gets much more successful. At the moment it is still putting people off.

How can you tell people to stop point scoring and then go on to say that "I pushed for it for long enough, long before most"? Is that not point scoring?

Does pointing this out score me any points?

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on November 04, 2015, 08:45:42 am by idler »
Singing and chanting is supposed to support and spur on the team.
Negative chants from a few aimed at some of our own fans benefit the players in no way whatsoever.

PopStander

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on November 04, 2015, 10:33:36 am by PopStander »
The black bank is the name of the singing section that was created following discussions in the fan panel.

Initial meetings outside of the fan panel were with singers from the west stand. Myself and Martin couldn't make that meeting, which was a Tuesday evening pre-match. We were told at the time by the club that no-one from outside the fan panel could attend the meeting in our place either eg other VSC Directors. Since that meeting, members of the DRSG, and subseqently former west-stand singers, gathered together, came up with the name for the singing section in the south stand etc. Important decisions, such as the area in the South Stand where standing is "allowed", have all been made by the fan panel however. The stadium manager and/or club representatives have overseen all fan panel meetings and been aware of all decisions made, with Mark Bradley from the fan experience company acting in an independent advisory and communication role.

Without the VSC, the black bank wouldn't exist. Without the DRSG, the black bank wouldn't exist. Without support and advice from the Supporters club and the other independent fan panel members, the black bank wouldn't exist.

The first person to get it right!

Lots of people have made The Black Bank happen, VSC first had idea of a 'singing section' Others from the South and West created The Black Bank and without lads from West Stand it wouldn't of taken off like it has. But all of us together have made it happen and all of us will make it better!!

Pledge your money !

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on November 04, 2015, 10:52:58 am by Copps is Magic »
snip

Bob. That's all great. And I mean that in a non sarcy way.

But what good is it really doing constantly going back to argue over which 'organisation' started the thing? It defeats the purpose of it being non-partisan 'for the fans, by the fans' doesn't it.

The Black Bank is a movement to improve the support and atmosphere of the club. No organisation can, or should, claim ownership on that. The important thing is the end 'goal' not the orgnaisation people may have thought they were representing. The only representation was for all DRFC fans and now that is the case we can all continue to do work towards this endeavour.

Baz - spot on.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on November 04, 2015, 10:59:03 am by Bentley Bullet »
Well it was me who first thought of the idea way back in 1972, but I don't go on about it. Can we make this post the official 'Last Post' on the subject, please....

PopStander

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on November 04, 2015, 11:19:24 am by PopStander »
Anyway!!

The Black Bank have a surfer for Saturday!  :rtid:

http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/surfs-up-2783393.aspx

The scarves are selling well also!  :scarf:

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on November 04, 2015, 11:22:18 am by Bentley Bullet »
OK, let's make that the last word on the subject!

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on November 04, 2015, 11:26:00 am by Copps is Magic »
Let's first fully fund the crowdfunder then someone can have the last word on the subject.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on November 04, 2015, 11:29:30 am by Bentley Bullet »
OK

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on November 04, 2015, 11:40:04 am by bobjimwilly »

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on November 04, 2015, 12:01:23 pm by RedJ »
Regarding scarves, will there be more for sale after the crowdfunder ends?

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on November 04, 2015, 12:09:08 pm by Copps is Magic »
Yes, that is the plan. Although contributing to the crowdfunder helps to get a bigger stock.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on November 04, 2015, 05:06:54 pm by Al4475 »
Nathanonthewest:
"You's don't know because it's been zero to do with the VSC. The fan panel is totally and utterly different to the black bank. It wasn't created from it."

With all due respect matey - you are wrong - I sat on the initial 'matchday atmosphere' group that came out of early meetings with mark bradley - the 'singing section' (as it was then) was born out of these first meetings - I have all the minutes (I took em) on digital record somewhere! It was indeed born out of a vsc/club/irwt initiative. And yes it's evolved somewhat to what is now a brillioant project and for that I thank neil, wes, crofty (vsc board member at the time) and co for all their hardwork plus shaun lockwood, gavin, dbr, bfyp (vsc board member then,) sm (ditto), bjw (ditto,) dearne valley rover (ditto) and me among others (rob ghosh among them!)

The groundwork was done then - initially as a south stand thing, moved to nw corner (unworkable unfortunately) and now n the guise it has become!

Credit where credit is due but initially it came (in the main) from the vsc!

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on November 04, 2015, 05:59:40 pm by Jenny »
Why don't yo all just get down to the KMS and have a d**k waving contest and be done with it?! Who cares less? It is this kind of attitude which creates the **** the VSC chants.

As for the Crowdfunder, my mum has claimed she wants a scarf for Christmas, she is easily pleased, so I will be chucking another tenner in.

EDIT - to those running the crowdfunder, will you be increasing the number of sold out rewards? Not that I am tight or anything, but I wanted the £9 bundle and not the £12 or £20 one... I would imagine you would be more likely to hit the target if people could come in at the lower end still.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 06:02:56 pm by Jenny »

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on November 04, 2015, 08:11:56 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Why don't yo all just get down to the KMS and have a d**k waving contest and be done with it?! Who cares less? It is this kind of attitude which creates the **** the VSC chants.

As for the Crowdfunder, my mum has claimed she wants a scarf for Christmas, she is easily pleased, so I will be chucking another tenner in.

EDIT - to those running the crowdfunder, will you be increasing the number of sold out rewards? Not that I am tight or anything, but I wanted the £9 bundle and not the £12 or £20 one... I would imagine you would be more likely to hit the target if people could come in at the lower end still.

You know what Jenny, I suspect that if it was you being berated in the way we see here by people prepared to re-write history to further their own agenda you might just care a little and have something to say to them about it.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on November 04, 2015, 08:31:49 pm by bobjimwilly »

And the ongoing question is, why do people sing "f*** the VSC" when they disagree with opinions on the forum? It is EXACTLY the same as singing "f*** the DRSG" if you disagree with comments on the facebook group. its daft.

BB - we need you tell people that's the end of it again please...  :P

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on November 04, 2015, 10:09:41 pm by IDM »

Jenny I am nothing to do with the VSC hierarchy and all I observe (from a relative distance) is that a very few fans have had genuine disagreements with the VSC organisation and/or forum admin.  So why then was there such an anti-VSC thing on the DRSG forum (I don't use facebook so can't comment on that), on twitter and at the match when folks chant "f**k the VSC"?

I reckon that most who chant that are just jumping on the bandwagon, and/or have had forum arguments where they then mistake the forum for the VSC itself.

That I find irritating and frustrating, but I have been around football long enough to know that fans will join in and follow whenever something like this happens.

I can only guess at what gets said on the Facebook group and I'll bet it isn't too complimentary.

So, in my ignorance, should I start a "f**k the Facebook Group" chant?  Of course I won't, because at the game I want to support the team.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 10:13:34 pm by IDM »

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on November 04, 2015, 10:33:49 pm by Copps is Magic »
Jenny, another 20 of the £9 packages have been made available.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on November 05, 2015, 07:30:48 am by Superspy »
Jenny, another 20 of the £9 packages have been made available.

Just pledged, so that's 1 less :)

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on November 05, 2015, 10:09:11 am by Draytonian III »
DRSG ? Who started that up

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on November 05, 2015, 10:34:19 am by StocktonRover »
DRSG ? Who started that up

JR and his band of merry men?  ;)