Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 06:20:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Relegation  (Read 31039 times)

dknward2

• VSC Member
Re: Relegation
« Reply #30 on February 20, 2016, 05:24:04 pm by dknward2 »
to all those saying we are too good to go down the league doesnt lie, if we are in the bottom 4 at the end of the season then we deserve to be.

if we go down i wont blame dickov - we had time to save ourselves, i wont blame the board - we have signed players that the manager wants.
but now who do i blame - Fergie - maybe a little, he signed the wrong players i.e no defenders when every fan of drfc could see we needed at least 2 better defenders. what about the players yes they have let themselves and us down to many times this season.

now i could also blame the refs as i think this season has been the worst i have ever known, but we just have to deal with it better.

To all those saying we need a change at the top can those same people please tell the rest of us who is queuing up to buy or invest in our club.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 05:26:27 pm by dknward2 »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on February 20, 2016, 05:24:27 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I'm sorry but what is wrong with people? We're having a poor run, and now the whole club is a shambles, clowns running the club, relegation inevitable, we have a load of fans that can't wait to shag the side and the club off
The fact emphasised that they're nowhere to be seen when we're winning or they more moaning about the ticket office or the refreshments
Its pathetic

I've never been a fan of the whole "sustainability" crap. For me it was destined to fail, and i've made no secret of that my opinion. What is happening now is simply backing up everything i've thought all along.

I'm with you brother.

I reckon this Board should just sling their f**king hooks and be replaced by...

...Oh. Hang on a minute.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on February 20, 2016, 05:24:35 pm by MrFrost »
Look at the facts dickos?? Nothing against you mate but the evidence is there for all to see... No investment apart from pitiful loans, all the earners sent on there way...time for a change at the top, otherwise it's one way traffic and it's down..

A lot of the people on here wouldn't be bothered if we went down, and certainly wouldn't hold the board accountable, they can do no wrong.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on February 20, 2016, 05:24:53 pm by mushRTID »
I do wonder if it was fergies decision to save the money for the summer?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on February 20, 2016, 05:25:13 pm by dickos1 »
Are you joking? Fergusons spirit and passion being questioned?
Really?
I don't get your point frosty, ferguson will have his targets and they will come in the summer

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on February 20, 2016, 05:26:51 pm by MrFrost »
I'm sorry but what is wrong with people? We're having a poor run, and now the whole club is a shambles, clowns running the club, relegation inevitable, we have a load of fans that can't wait to shag the side and the club off
The fact emphasised that they're nowhere to be seen when we're winning or they more moaning about the ticket office or the refreshments
Its pathetic

I've never been a fan of the whole "sustainability" crap. For me it was destined to fail, and i've made no secret of that my opinion. What is happening now is simply backing up everything i've thought all along.

I'm with you brother.

I reckon this Board should just sling their f***ing hooks and be replaced by...

...Oh. Hang on a minute.

Come on then BST, you seem to know everything, being the expert at life and everything that happens.

Has the board's plan worked for the last 3 years? Is it right they come out every summer and say we are aiming for promotion. It is bullshit, pure and simple.

If you put out a business plan and it fails, you should be held accountable.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on February 20, 2016, 05:27:34 pm by MrFrost »
Are you joking? Fergusons spirit and passion being questioned?
Really?
I don't get your point frosty, ferguson will have his targets and they will come in the summer

He will have his targets as long as they are free transfers or loan signings.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on February 20, 2016, 05:29:56 pm by dickos1 »
You've no idea frosty you're just guessing

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on February 20, 2016, 05:30:19 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Frosty

Simple rule in life. When you've got f**k all alternative, whining is pointless.

I'm not exactly thrapping off with glee about our circumstances. But equally, I'm not exactly seeing what you mean about holding our Board to account. How do you intend to do that? By having a hissy fit on here?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on February 20, 2016, 05:30:31 pm by steve@dcfd »
All the club is not a shambles?
We are sustainable.
Club Doncaster is gaining success.
We have been sponsored by a top Thia sports firm.

Unfortunate on the field were it matters we have won one in the last seven. It appears the manager believes his and our players are better than what they are.
The owners allowed the previous manager to spend most of the budget in the summer with only three out of the six players getting into the first team.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on February 20, 2016, 05:30:49 pm by MrFrost »

I'm going on the last 3 seasons.

The board aren't suddenly going to change their ways.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on February 20, 2016, 05:31:55 pm by MrFrost »
We are sustainable.

Unfortunate on the field were it matters we have won one in the last seven. It appears the manager believes his and our players are better than what they are.
The owners allowed the previous manager to spend most of the budget in the summer with only three out of the six players getting into the first team.

You're clutching at straws there. Club Doncaster? A Thai Sports firm that no one had heard of?

I wonder how sustainable we'll be if we do go down.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on February 20, 2016, 05:33:01 pm by The Red Baron »
Its pathetic

I'm with you brother.

I reckon this Board should just sling their f***ing hooks and be replaced by...

...Oh. Hang on a minute.

BST

I'm not going to blame the board. But whatever way you look at it, we're in serious shit. Do we just accept League 2 or do something about it?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on February 20, 2016, 05:34:40 pm by steve@dcfd »
We are sustainable.

You're clutching at straws there. Club Doncaster? A Thai Sports firm that no one had heard of?

I wonder how sustainable we'll be if we do go down.

It's sarcasm Frosty!!!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on February 20, 2016, 05:34:56 pm by MrFrost »
Frosty

Simple rule in life. When you've got f*** all alternative, whining is pointless.

I'm not exactly thrapping off with glee about our circumstances. But equally, I'm not exactly seeing what you mean about holding our Board to account. How do you intend to do that? By having a hissy fit on here?

There's always an alternative.

And they should be accountable as to why we aren't delivering, when we supposidly have a budget that will give us a chance of promotion.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on February 20, 2016, 05:35:01 pm by dickos1 »
What would you like them to do?
We're also not in serious shit

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on February 20, 2016, 05:37:33 pm by dickos1 »

You mean like paying for Andy butler? There's one, did we pay for sinclair? Alcock?
I've no idea but we paid a fee for butler, and we also beat off top clubs to sign Williams,
If they bring players in of his calibre again are you saying you won't be happy

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on February 20, 2016, 05:38:41 pm by MrFrost »

We're 3 points off the relegation zone, and in relegation form, what would you call it?

Its too late for them to do anything this season, should we stay up I expect Ferguson to be given a war chest to sign whoever the f**k he wants during the summer and do away with this whole sustainability bullshit. It isn't working.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on February 20, 2016, 05:39:00 pm by Copps is Magic »
I'm not going to blame the board. But whatever way you look at it, we're in serious shit. Do we just accept League 2 or do something about it?

We're in shit but it's not as serious as some people are making out. The 7 teams below us in this league are luckily, horsecack. The bottom three have won 3 games between them in the last 10 games (30 in total).

We're just in a disastrous bit of form. Time and time again it is shown that football fans just can't handle bad form so suddenly we have to go round criticising every aspect of the club.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on February 20, 2016, 05:40:00 pm by MrFrost »

You mean like paying for Andy butler? There's one, did we pay for sinclair? Alcock?
I've no idea but we paid a fee for butler, and we also beat off top clubs to sign Williams,
If they bring players in of his calibre again are you saying you won't be happy

The fee's for Alock and Butler were nominal,a round 5k a piece. And that's from a Sheff Utd coach who I know.
Sinclair was free, and he's shit.

Williams is the only decent player you've mentioned.

neil grainger

« Reply #50 on February 20, 2016, 05:40:19 pm by neil grainger »
Small comfort, but at least my decision to give today's game a miss has been vindicated!

Had a very enjoyable day with my family, a nice lunch out in our favourite bistro along with my brother (who also decided to miss another depressing Rovers performance) and his wife, a stroll around the shops in Skipton then home to settle down by a roaring log fire with a glass of wine and a film.
Oh, and check the footy results..... ah.

But of course I'll be back at the Keepmoat next Saturday, fool that I am....

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on February 20, 2016, 05:41:00 pm by Copps is Magic »
and in relegation form

No, we're not. We have equal or better form (over the last 10 games) than 4 of the teams below us. Only 4 go down.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on February 20, 2016, 05:41:10 pm by MrFrost »

We're in shit but it's not as serious as some people are making out. The 7 teams below us in this league are luckily, horsecack. The bottom three have won 3 games between them in the last 10 games (30 in total).

We're just in a disastrous bit of form. Time and time again it is shown that football fans just can't handle bad form so suddenly we have to go round criticising every aspect of the club.

I've criticised them for the last 3 years. If they don't drastically change the way they want to do things, this kind of struggle will become common place.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on February 20, 2016, 05:41:37 pm by grayx »
I do wonder if it was fergies decision ito save the money for the summer?

IF it was it was a BIG gamble. Perhaps he was trying to accumulate a surplus for a summer spending spree. Im not sure the decision was left to DF.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on February 20, 2016, 05:44:05 pm by Copps is Magic »
I do wonder if it was fergies decision ito save the money for the summer?

IF it was it was a BIG gamble. Perhaps he was trying to accumulate a surplus for a summer spending spree. Im not sure the decision was left to DF.

It will have been a joint decision. That's seems quite obvious. We were left one defender short IMO but I think we'll ultimately stay up so it should pay off next season.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on February 20, 2016, 05:44:42 pm by MrFrost »
Anyway, I can't be arsed anymore. I can't believe some people on here are genuinely not concerned at our plight and will aimlessly back the board and anything they do. Enjoy next season sat in the Keepmoat with 11000 empty seats.

No wonder John Ryan wanted out.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on February 20, 2016, 05:46:32 pm by dickos1 »
It's irrelevant if you think they're shit frosty, you said over the last 3 years we've not paid money for anyone
Which isn't true, we also signed arguably the best striker in our league last season
Yet youre still moaning about the board not spending any money,
I can honestly say in Probably 10 years of posting on here I've never seen a post from you that isn't negative or moaning

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on February 20, 2016, 05:47:00 pm by dickos1 »
Anyway, I can't be arsed anymore. I can't believe some people on here are genuinely not concerned at our plight and will aimlessly back the board and anything they do. Enjoy next season sat in the Keepmoat with 11000 empty seats.

No wonder John Ryan wanted out.

Ha ha ha ha
What a wally

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on February 20, 2016, 05:47:21 pm by swintonrover »
Serious question Frosty, can you outline exactly what you want from the club and how they are to go about achieving this within the restrictions of FFP?

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on February 20, 2016, 05:50:03 pm by adamtherover »
Here's hoping we pick up maximum points against the teams in and around us for the remainder of the season.
How can any teams be IN us?  What a bizarre comment. .

TinyPortal © 2005-2012