Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 06:24:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Had an email from the club  (Read 6735 times)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
Re: Had an email from the club
« Reply #30 on May 04, 2016, 08:12:25 pm by ravenrover »
Wonder why just Mr F gets an e mail about ticket prices, anyone else had one?
Is the "e mail" in response to direct question or just a marketing message to lapsed season ticket holders? Is it even from the club or just from one Mr F's in the know contacts
Or is it smell of male cows poo?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 08:15:13 pm by ravenrover »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on May 04, 2016, 08:37:04 pm by Donny Exile in York »
Which is to be frank, a ridiculous concept. You take one look at Karl Oyston and you know there's a man with a plan for failing. We've been very very poorly led, money has been wasted to the extreme both on and off the pitch and the original plan for sustainability has clearly been dropped but there's not a chance that they aren't hurting at us dropping into League 2.

Nah. Don't talk shite. Everyone knows they're deliberately trying to kill the club and line their own pockets with the losses we're making then putting the losses into the Dons. :silly:

Well there doing a f*cking great job of keeping attendances up arent they RedJ or do i have to provide evidence of that too
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 12:42:08 am by Forum Admin »

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on May 04, 2016, 08:38:25 pm by RedJ »
Hahaha, you PM me about being mouthy yet you do the same. Irony is fun.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on May 04, 2016, 08:40:50 pm by MrFrost »
Is the "e mail" in response to direct question or just a marketing message to lapsed season ticket holders? Is it even from the club or just from one Mr F's in the know contacts

If you must know it was a reply to an email. The email is from Charles Swallow. Happy to forward it to any non believers

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on May 04, 2016, 08:49:10 pm by Donny Exile in York »
Aye i should refrain from your own level.. but you know what will happily make an exception for you.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on May 04, 2016, 09:22:40 pm by i_ateallthepies »

If you must know it was a reply to an email. The email is from Charles Swallow. Happy to forward it to any non believers

But 'I've had a reply from the club' makes it more difficult to spout more negative BS about the club.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on May 04, 2016, 09:34:42 pm by MrFrost »

But 'I've had a reply from the club' makes it more difficult to spout more negative BS about the club.

What's your point?

There is nothing negative here simply relaying the Info I was given by a club employee

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on May 04, 2016, 10:19:24 pm by Dagenham Rover »
They could resolve it by giving a medal (dustbin lid sized) to anyone daft enough to buy a season ticket after that shambles of a season. What a way to run a football club. God knows how they have become successful businessmen when they have presided over the sh*te that has been delivered to the supporters over the past few seasons. I can't believe that anyone in their right mind would want to throw their money at a season ticket.

Amazingly enough I renewed two season tickets this morning  call me daft or what    :chair:

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on May 04, 2016, 10:21:11 pm by Chris Black come back »
We haven't been a League One club since early February in reality.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on May 05, 2016, 01:31:01 am by Sammy Chung was King »
The club won't drop prices too much. The way i would do it, every home game the price starts at twenty three quid flat, but if the crowd number hits a certain mark, each supporter receives a five pound club shop voucher.

This way the fans are rewarded for loyalty if the crowd hits a certain number, if not the club receive the full amount. It encourages the fans to get friends and families to attend, with extra money coming in, and the club loses nothing with the voucher, because it bumps up club shop sales, and while fans are in there they might buy more.
These vouchers could mount up with have a lot of early home games, it gives something back to the supporters and promotes rewards for loyalty.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on May 05, 2016, 08:34:15 am by silent majority »
It's a League One club (and a fairly decent one) in terms of infrastructure, with a team in League Two for next season.

In the long-term, unless the (new?) team performs pathetically over the next few seasons and replicates Tranmere in 2014/15, the future should be bright.

Big financial problems at Tranmere though Andy, which didn't help them when they needed to stabilise.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on May 05, 2016, 08:55:38 am by The Red Baron »
Season tickets prices won't be reduced. The prices we have are early bird prices until next week.

Match day prices will be in line with the vast majority of League Two clubs

Don't expect to see any miraculous changes

Just a thought. If Charles Swallow is replying to a specific question about ticket prices then he will only be able to tell you what is in the public domain. Namely that the Early Bird ends on Monday and that match day prices still have to be set.

There was a board meeting on Tuesday and I expect the issue of ticket prices would be high up the agenda. But probably no announcement till next week.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on May 05, 2016, 09:21:01 am by silent majority »
Season tickets prices won't be reduced. The prices we have are early bird prices until next week.

Match day prices will be in line with the vast majority of League Two clubs

Don't expect to see any miraculous changes

Just a thought. If Charles Swallow is replying to a specific question about ticket prices then he will only be able to tell you what is in the public domain. Namely that the Early Bird ends on Monday and that match day prices still have to be set.

There was a board meeting on Tuesday and I expect the issue of ticket prices would be high up the agenda. But probably no announcement till next week.

There's a Supporters Board meeting on Sunday, where we're expecting a further conversation based on knowing our final league position for next season. So far, in previous meetings, we could only speculate.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on May 05, 2016, 02:01:41 pm by DonnyOsmond »
They could probably lower the prices and increase the attendance whole making a similar profit, I know I'd get a season ticket if it was lowered. Also, surely it's better to have a more filled stadium then over two thirds empty.

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on May 05, 2016, 04:02:09 pm by Rios »
Is it too simplistic to give every season ticket holder who bought on the early-bird deal a free replica top?  It would be a "value" of £40 off the season ticket price, would cost the club a lot less (I can't imagine it costs them more than £10 to buy them) and it would get lots of people wearing the new top keeping the new kit manufacturer happy?  I appreciate that not all season ticket holders would buy a top and maybe an alternative could be agreed too, but it would mean that loyal supporters aren't getting ripped off, the on-the-day ticket prices can then be dropped and maybe, just maybe the prospect of sub 4000 crowds can be avoided!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012