Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 01:21:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: At least Club Doncaster and the CEO  (Read 17630 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: At least Club Doncaster and the CEO
« Reply #90 on May 03, 2016, 02:43:18 pm by Filo »
95% of people on this forum are happy with how the club's run . That doesn't mean that the majority of rovers fans are happy . You have either banned them or  ridiculed them to the point that they have stopped posting . Most think that they are the super fan , rovers running through their blood . It feels VSC directors  are to close to the people running the club , and are to frightened to upset them .

Not one VSC director has posted in this thread!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on May 03, 2016, 02:47:09 pm by no eyed deer »
Sorry should have started a new post for the last couple of lines

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on May 03, 2016, 02:48:48 pm by IDM »
95% of people on this forum are happy with how the club's run . That doesn't mean that the majority of rovers fans are happy . You have either banned them or  ridiculed them to the point that they have stopped posting . Most think that they are the super fan , rovers running through their blood . It feels VSC directors  are to close to the people running the club , and are to frightened to upset them .

How did me (not involved in the VSC hierarchy) questioning the OP's argument suddenly equate to the VSC directors banning or ridiculing psoters?  All views are welcome, aren't they?  Just be prepared to be asked questions..

I repeat my request to the Mods, time to close the thread?

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on May 03, 2016, 03:00:02 pm by Donny Exile in York »
Am sorry but those of you degenerating to personal abuse, RedJ, Ldr, happy for you to drop me a line and introduce yourselves and lets see if in person you feel so angry in a discussion. No one has proved otherwise on here and some of you are out of order, you dont know me, maybe some will by face so i have been a regular to this forum for a long time, and i raise some points that in the heat of a relegation demise maybe seen as provoking to some but are really assertions asking what the hell is going on at our Club and the strategy and financial support being given cos they are proving way short. If you dont like someone coming on here and raising some points and asking likewise back, prove otherwise then i think you need to chill. There is no need for personal insults especially when you have no idea who i am.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on May 03, 2016, 03:19:40 pm by IDM »
Am sorry but those of you degenerating to personal abuse, RedJ, Ldr, happy for you to drop me a line and introduce yourselves and lets see if in person you feel so angry in a discussion. No one has proved otherwise on here and some of you are out of order, you dont know me, maybe some will by face so i have been a regular to this forum for a long time, and i raise some points that in the heat of a relegation demise maybe seen as provoking to some but are really assertions asking what the hell is going on at our Club and the strategy and financial support being given cos they are proving way short. If you dont like someone coming on here and raising some points and asking likewise back, prove otherwise then i think you need to chill. There is no need for personal insults especially when you have no idea who i am.

I can't speak for the others and I don't condone personal abuse.  However folks are getting wound up (I believe) because of your refusal to back up your original assertions.  Potentially your point may be relevant, but I was asking for more evidence to back that up.  I can't speak for the others.

You are not going to answer my request for evidence to support your assertions so why continue?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on May 03, 2016, 03:34:27 pm by MrFrost »
What is the obsession with having to provide evidence on here?

It seems certain posters who think they're in the know can post things which everyone takes as gospel yet is never backed up with any kind of evidence.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on May 03, 2016, 04:08:57 pm by Ldr »

Happy to, any excuse for a beer

HomerJSimpson

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on May 03, 2016, 04:18:26 pm by HomerJSimpson »
Personally I don't see an issue with Club Doncaster. I'm not a rugby fan or a women's football fan but I think it's great they are all under the same umbrella and that it's a shame the union side can't become part of it.

However, Rovers lose money every season, they did it before Club Doncaster and they still do it now. How can a loss making club put money into another club is beyond my financial know how.

I actually don't care about whether Rovers subsidise the Dons, what I care about is Rovers being managed properly in all departments. Unfortunately the managers have failed and the powers above them have allowed it to happen by not being decisive at the crucial time.

That's what failure looks like.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on May 03, 2016, 04:25:49 pm by Iberian Red »

Another.
Fact.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on May 03, 2016, 04:44:21 pm by RedJ »

What I don't like is someone making assertions and then refusing to back them up because I can't prove otherwise, when THEY are the ones who've made the statements.

I don't mind people having different opinions, I don't mind being wrong. But don't come spouting "free speech" when you've been challenged to show evidence for a statement - not an opinion, a statement of supposed fact - and then proceed down the "yeah but can you prove I'm wrong?" route.

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on May 03, 2016, 04:50:18 pm by Donny Exile in York »
I didnt realise you had to come on this forum armed with audit trail and spreadsheets cos everyone is judge and jury and shouting fact, evidence, blah blah blah.. so everything you assert on this forum you have the full audit trail at the touch of a button to fire over to the VSC judge and jury eh Red J?? Am sure not.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on May 03, 2016, 04:53:39 pm by NickDRFC »
Remember that daft argument that a couple of fans were having on twitter about whether a player was 28 or 29? This thread reminds me of that...

http://metro.co.uk/2015/06/12/how-old-is-he-arsenal-fans-threaten-to-break-the-internet-with-ludicrous-debate-over-transfer-target-jackson-martinezs-age-5243256/

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on May 03, 2016, 05:02:15 pm by Filo »
I didnt realise you had to come on this forum armed with audit trail and spreadsheets cos everyone is judge and jury and shouting fact, evidence, blah blah blah.. so everything you assert on this forum you have the full audit trail at the touch of a button to fire over to the VSC judge and jury eh Red J?? Am sure not.

Thats twice now in this thread that the VSC has been slurred despite the fact that no VSC director has contributed to the thread' carry on the mud slinging boys!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on May 03, 2016, 05:12:47 pm by RedJ »

Ah yes let's continue to ignore the fact that you still can't actually prove what you're saying then.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on May 03, 2016, 05:29:23 pm by wilts rover »

Did you not? You say you have worked with accounts for 10 years - yet you dont believe you require evidence to prove what you are saying.

The more you write the bigger a bull*****r you look.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on May 03, 2016, 05:38:35 pm by IDM »

It seems certain posters who think they're in the know can post things which everyone takes as gospel yet is never backed up with any kind of evidence.

Mr Frost, the OP made a statement words to the effect that DRFC were subsidising the Dons and attributing our relegation (in part) to Club Doncaster??.  I thought that was a very bizarre thing to say without any other material evidence (could have been a report in the DFP, a twitter rumour, a friend in the know or whatever) so I challenged the OP.

I wasn't asking for an audit trail, just something to justify his (or her) bizarre statement.  That's not an obsession, just a "why do you say that" response to the OP.  That the thread has degenerated has been down to the OP's lack of a proper response and then further reaction to that from others.

Had the OP initially responded to my challenge with something like "I don't know for absolute certainty but I believe this may be the case because..." then there would have been another valid source to discuss.

That has been my issue all along.  I cannot speak for the other posters on the thread.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 05:41:17 pm by IDM »

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on May 03, 2016, 05:46:51 pm by Donny Exile in York »
In terms of coming on a fecking football forum Wilts Rover.. do you have to come on here armed verbatum with a fully fledged case and audit trail and go there you my honour i put it to you.. no you dont so get a grip man.. if i want to come on this forum and say the Board are killing the club.. or Board have no real football interest.. or is it the land which is of most interest.. do i need to go and present to all on here a case for the prosecution or defence no i dont.. its a football forum and as i say none of you have sent the management accounts through or anything else to thr contrary..

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on May 03, 2016, 05:51:12 pm by RedJ »
Nobody's asking for verbatim and a full audit trail. But you've provided absolutely nothing to back up your case - even in face of having it pointed out to you that you're wrong.

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on May 03, 2016, 05:58:29 pm by Donny Exile in York »
But you havent pointed anything out to the contrary other than the club are making losses.. could that in part be cos the strategy and finances are such that the main income generator is supporting the other clubs.. you have pointed jack sh!t redj..

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on May 03, 2016, 05:59:58 pm by wilts rover »

As IDM has posted then I guess I should too.

I am a historian (as well as a bricklayer) its what I do and what I get paid for. Whenever I write a historical fact I am required to evidence it as 'because I say it is' is not a historical fact. If I dont see other people evidencing their statements, then I dont believe them as fact and ask them to prove what they are saying.

I have answered your second question previously. I am not the forum police. I reply to topics I am interested in or think I have something to contribute to. If you want to challenge people to provide evidence then that's up to you - dont expect other people to do it for you.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on May 03, 2016, 06:02:41 pm by i_ateallthepies »
You really don't get it do you... let me spell it out for you one last time - IT WAS YOU WHO STARTED THE THREAD MAKING STATEMENTS OF OPINION AS IF THEY WERE FACTS, THEREFORE THE PERSON OBLIGATED TO PROVIDE PROOF OF WHAT THEY ARE CLAIMING TO BE TRUE IS YOUUUUUUU!!!!!  NOBODY ELSE!!!

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on May 03, 2016, 06:05:45 pm by wilts rover »
But you havent pointed anything out to the contrary other than the club are making losses.. could that in part be cos the strategy and finances are such that the main income generator is supporting the other clubs.. you have pointed jack sh!t redj..

How can the main income generator be supporting the other clubs when it can't support itself!

Come on answer that. That is the basic question. Doncaster Rovers accounts show they require external money (loans) to meet their running costs. How can they be supporting any other club? They owe their directors £12 million. There is no money to divert.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on May 03, 2016, 06:06:57 pm by wilts rover »
I had enough of this rubbish. Its a sunny evening, I am going out for a ride on me unicorn.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on May 03, 2016, 06:20:21 pm by vaya »
I had enough of this rubbish. Its a sunny evening, I am going out for a ride on me unicorn.

Finally some sense.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #114 on May 03, 2016, 06:34:16 pm by IDM »
Will be happy.. the Dons are second top.. nevermind the fact Rovers are in freefall and in chaos, at least the whole town can be proud, sorry 600 fans max, and the CEO.. its all worth it subsidising the rest from the Rovers cos the Dons are doing well albeit after a relgation.. as a Rovers fan of 30 years it makes Club Doncaster all seem worth it despite the collapse of Rovers against a team who had nothing to play for and hadnt won in 15 games.. thanks Club Doncaster.

Donny Exile...

I apologise if you feel ganged up on in this thread - that was not my intent when I challenged your OP.

But the statement you made, highlighted in bold, is IMHO ungrounded hence my request for some back up to your point.

Now, you could just be pissed off with relegation (as is everyone) and may have an opinion that the Club Doncaster/Dons links are somehow a contributory factor.  That is fair enough if it is your opinion - some will agree, some not.  If I disagree it doesn't mean I am in a love-in with the board, it just means I don't belive your assertion, without further evidence.

That you then retorted by asking me to disprove your assertion helped degenerate the thread.

If your OP is about a conjecture you have because you believe Club Doncaster is bad for DRFC, just say so - but if you make a bizzare assertion, expect to be quizzed. 

I repeat, I am sorry the thread has degenerated but you did in all honesty contribute to that.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on May 03, 2016, 07:16:18 pm by Yorkiered »

How did me (not involved in the VSC hierarchy) questioning the OP's argument suddenly equate to the VSC directors banning or ridiculing psoters?  All views are welcome, aren't they?  Just be prepared to be asked questions..

I repeat my request to the Mods, time to close the thread?

All views are welcome? Don't make me laugh.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on May 03, 2016, 07:30:19 pm by IDM »
Of course all views are welcome, certainly from where I am sat - but extreme or bizarre ones are likely to be questioned.  You can understand that, can't you Yorkiered?

Does questioning someone's view somehow diminish their right to express it in the first place?  I don't think so!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on May 04, 2016, 06:18:41 pm by RedJ »

I don't have to prove anything as I wasn't the one who originally made the statement of supposed fact. f**k me, what about this are you not understanding?

It's like believing in God just cos you can't f**king scientifically prove he doesn't exist. Jesus wept.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #118 on May 05, 2016, 12:48:56 am by bobjimwilly »
Everyone has a right to express an opinion, of course they do. But everyone also has a right to shoot down opinions, especially if you don't provide any evidence or back up your case with any facts. If you want to give opinions as facts without anyone challenging them, a forum is certainly not the place.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #119 on May 05, 2016, 09:36:23 am by Glyn_Wigley »
It's like believing in God just cos you can't f**king scientifically prove he doesn't exist. Jesus wept.

And, lo, did Donny Exile In York descend from Mount Sinai with his words of wisdom carved upon tablets of stone. Yea, he did spake thus: 'Thou hast seen the truth, it must be so as thou cannot show them not to be so even though they holdest not the slightest drop of water. Faith conquers all, especially reason. Have faith and supplicate thyselves in the presence of this wisdom. Thy shall forsake thyselves of all other truths, as these are the words of Donny Exile In York and internet forums exist purely for the propagation of his words and not the scrutiny of them'.

Rejoice, brothers! The prophet is amongst us!  :lol:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 09:38:30 am by Glyn_Wigley »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012