Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 09:55:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Shambles  (Read 12464 times)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: Shambles
« Reply #60 on January 02, 2022, 07:05:51 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I don't think it's malicious, I just genuinely think the board are not aware of what is required at a financial level of a League 1 club any more. I think they are still in a mindset from a decade ago.

To compete at the top end of League One financially is beyond us. It's beyond TB on his own and what is currently being generated via Club Doncaster and it is certainly beyond what JR was putting in too.

Whilst JR, TB and DW were putting in equal amounts we were certainly competitive and for a while, we competed above our financial weight.

Since only TB remains of the major contributors, he is unlikely to double or triple his contribution that he's been making consistently without quibble for many years now, so we have to rely on the additional funds coming from Club Doncaster.

The harsh reality is we may have slipped down the pecking order in terms of budget, which makes it more acute that it's used wisely to achieve anything.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on January 02, 2022, 07:06:58 pm by ditch_drfc »
It really is laughable that some of the users on here still defend the club. Stop berating anyone that dares to talk out against the shit show that is the board. We're failing from top to bottom.

Players, not good enough. Managers, haven't been good enough. Mcsheffrey, cheap option, not good enough. Coaching staff, not good enough. Medical staff, not good enough. Fitness staff, not good enough. Talent scout, not good enough... Does it need to go on? Kit designer, absolutely w**k and nowhere near good enough.

And we’re you saying all this at half time, mcsheffrey picked a side today that scored more goals in half an hour than we had all season away from home.
And then the 3 best players got injured

Spot on post Ditch. This is not about one game. Its about many many aspects on and off the pitch which are simply not good enough.. hence the worst away record in decades, the lowest goals scored, bottom of the division free falling to the next and maybe further cos its going to need an almighty turnaround to prevent further decline next season. Recruitment has bee  shockingly bad for a year or so to.brung in journeymen, rejects, show boaters, players with a heart of a pea.. wearing a dros kit..

None of that has anything to do with mcsheffrey, his first game as manager today still with many injuries and the first half was the best we’ve played all season.
Forget all the other stuff just get behind him

His first game as manager? So the last few don't count? We just wipe the slate clean? Didn't GMS take charge from Mansfield? So he's been manager for the last 5 games, he's won 1 lost 4. Its OK though, you keep making your excuses if that's what you need to do.

I'm behind mcsheffrey. I'll give him chance and I'll stand there and chant his name. But it's not looking good is it.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on January 02, 2022, 07:11:14 pm by since-1969 »
The board knows  this much , that in-spite of all the difficulties and turmoil there will always be enough supporters to keep the club moving forward . They are invested to the hilt and promotion or relegation is just part of the game. All our winging and moaning is just that . It’s their money who pays the for the clubs future and if they choose to limited it because it’s part of their planning .
We are only considered when it comes to season tickets and if they don’t sell enough , then they know then how much they still need to cough up etc . Results on the pitch are possibly  only part  they have no control over and won’t take responsibility for these . The board may as well be invisible to us , as we have little or no influence on the direction in their decision making. Our “meet the board” sessions are a close as you get to being patronised and we take it like their doing us a favour as no choices or decisions are ever given to the supporters . They don’t even let us choose the football shirts now . So we have to suck up loosing 4-3 and possibly many more before the seasons end.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on January 02, 2022, 07:14:04 pm by Chris Black come back »
Liam Hoden scored Dodoo 2 and Cukur 1.

Have never seen this ever before.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on January 02, 2022, 07:20:17 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
So if TB is putting £2m in to enhance the budget. What is the original budget then??

Enough for the club to just about run without going into debt but nothing more.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on January 02, 2022, 07:24:26 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I don't think it's malicious, I just genuinely think the board are not aware of what is required at a financial level of a League 1 club any more. I think they are still in a mindset from a decade ago.

To compete at the top end of League One financially is beyond us. It's beyond TB on his own and what is currently being generated via Club Doncaster and it is certainly beyond what JR was putting in too.

Whilst JR, TB and DW were putting in equal amounts we were certainly competitive and for a while, we competed above our financial weight.

Since only TB remains of the major contributors, he is unlikely to double or triple his contribution that he's been making consistently without quibble for many years now, so we have to rely on the additional funds coming from Club Doncaster.

The harsh reality is we may have slipped down the pecking order in terms of budget, which makes it more acute that it's used wisely to achieve anything.

Where on earth do you get the ridiculous idea that that was ever the case?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on January 02, 2022, 07:25:22 pm by dickos1 »
It really is laughable that some of the users on here still defend the club. Stop berating anyone that dares to talk out against the shit show that is the board. We're failing from top to bottom.

Players, not good enough. Managers, haven't been good enough. Mcsheffrey, cheap option, not good enough. Coaching staff, not good enough. Medical staff, not good enough. Fitness staff, not good enough. Talent scout, not good enough... Does it need to go on? Kit designer, absolutely w**k and nowhere near good enough.

And we’re you saying all this at half time, mcsheffrey picked a side today that scored more goals in half an hour than we had all season away from home.

Spot on post Ditch. This is not about one game. Its about many many aspects on and off the pitch which are simply not good enough.. hence the worst away record in decades, the lowest goals scored, bottom of the division free falling to the next and maybe further cos its going to need an almighty turnaround to prevent further decline next season. Recruitment has bee  shockingly bad for a year or so to.brung in journeymen, rejects, show boaters, players with a heart of a pea.. wearing a dros kit..

None of that has anything to do with mcsheffrey, his first game as manager today still with many injuries and the first half was the best we’ve played all season.

His first game as manager? So the last few don't count? We just wipe the slate clean? Didn't GMS take charge from Mansfield? So he's been manager for the last 5 games, he's won 1 lost 4. Its OK though, you keep making your excuses if that's what you need to do.

I'm behind mcsheffrey. I'll give him chance and I'll stand there and chant his name. But it's not looking good is it.

You’re behind him,
Aye it looks like you are

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on January 02, 2022, 07:33:09 pm by ian1980 »

The thing is, can’t really disagree with him.

f**king useless.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on January 02, 2022, 07:46:37 pm by Filo »

Far too generous in my opinion, Dodoo, I’ve never seen anyone duck under so many headers, and Cukur? What did Watford see in him to spend £2m on him?

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on January 02, 2022, 07:50:17 pm by ditch_drfc »

You’re behind him,
Aye it looks like you are

What because I dare to have an opinion other than the likes of yours?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on January 02, 2022, 07:52:25 pm by dickos1 »
No,
Because you keep saying he’s not good enough, that’s not getting behind him is it

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on January 02, 2022, 08:18:32 pm by roversdude »
We’ll keep on laughing at me then because I still back the board and the club.
There were loads who shot down the Baldwin out minority mob today too

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on January 02, 2022, 10:07:21 pm by Campsall rover »

Until we get some new players it won’t make any difference who is manager.  That was proved in that 2nd half today.
You can’t compete with only 7 players actually playing. It’s almost impossible.
That is not GM’s fault. He did not sign these numpties. 

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on January 02, 2022, 10:12:00 pm by normal rules »
Alex Ferguson could manage dodoo, cukur and hiwula. They still wouldn’t get it.

David Pearson

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on January 02, 2022, 10:14:15 pm by David Pearson »
Looks unlikely any imminent signings...

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on January 03, 2022, 11:28:28 am by ditch_drfc »

Until we get some new players it won’t make any difference who is manager.  That was proved in that 2nd half today.
You can’t compete with only 7 players actually playing. It’s almost impossible.
That is not GM’s fault. He did not sign these numpties. 

I never said he did. I stated he's had 5 games in charge. You and Dickos have completely missed the point. Did you not read the part where I said the club is an absolute mess from top to bottom?

Face it, we're in a mess and hiring someone that couldn't be more inexperienced at this level is a poor decision.

David Pearson

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on January 03, 2022, 12:13:05 pm by David Pearson »
Mcsheffrey will prove the be the wrong appointment in time...In the clubs present situation we needed a more experienced manager....In my opinion the board appointed Mcsheffrey on the provision that if we are relegated he will be the clubs manager in League 2....I honestly do believe the board are preparing for League 2.......

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on January 03, 2022, 12:17:31 pm by Filo »
Mcsheffrey will prove the be the wrong appointment in time...In the clubs present situation we needed a more experienced manager....In my opinion the board appointed Mcsheffrey on the provision that if we are relegated he will be the clubs manager in League 2....I honestly do believe the board are preparing for League 2.......

Would a more experience manager get anymore out of that second half front three yesterday? I doubt it very much lack  of desire, poor attitude and poor ability are ingrained in them

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on January 03, 2022, 12:19:49 pm by EasyforDennis »

When will people realise that Gavin Baldwin isn't the problem???

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on January 03, 2022, 12:43:39 pm by mpc123 »

When will people realise that Gavin Baldwin isn't the problem???

Funny isn't it. The people who shout it are more of a joke than the club but they will never realise.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on January 03, 2022, 02:03:17 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Where on earth do you get the ridiculous idea that that was ever the case?

Glyn. In an interview years ago sometime after TB and DW came on board, JR explained the relationship of the 'three Amigos' and the agreement was to each committ £1m for each season, then at the end of each trading year, they would absorb any additional losses three ways. Now at some point when JR famously said "the three ducks are not quite in a row" it was the first indication that the losses were unsustainable which eventually lead to JR resigning.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on January 03, 2022, 03:06:32 pm by Upton Rover »

disagree with this, you can still generate a good team with the correct loan players and permanent players, if the recruiting was done right, it wasn’t so we see how it goes, also a good manager would help we never had that with RW and I will still stick my neck out and say come on GM prove me wrong
« Last Edit: January 03, 2022, 03:24:36 pm by Upton Rover »

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on January 03, 2022, 03:34:46 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

disagree with this, you can still generate a good team with the correct loan players and permanent players, if the recruiting was done right, it wasn’t so we see how it goes, also a good manager would help we never had that with RW and I will still stick my neck out and say come on GM prove me wrong

We're saying the same thing. We can't compete financially with Sunderland and Ipswich etc., but we can compete if we're very smart. We have been smart in the not too distant past with a good mix of permanent and loans. It's a fine juggling act which has gone wrong and been compounded.

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on January 03, 2022, 04:08:17 pm by Goole Rover »
I am so tired of cretins wanting the owners owt.   Yes,  likes cut off our nose to spite our face.   

Who are the new parties coming to investing, to keep DRFC a going concern

So anyone having a differing opinion to you is a cretin? Nice to know..
  No but it would be amazing if you and others with your views can be constructed.  You never are though - you plural
First of all I don't want to be constructed but I do put myself in the owners position. Why would you put your money into a team when your supporters are knocking you at every opportunity. If you can find a buyer I'm sure they would be interested.

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on January 03, 2022, 04:17:11 pm by DRFCSouth »
I am so tired of cretins wanting the owners owt.   Yes,  likes cut off our nose to spite our face.   

No but it would be amazing if you and others with your views can be constructed.  You never are though - you plural
First of all I don't want to be constructed but I do put myself in the owners position. Why would you put your money into a team when your supporters are knocking you at every opportunity. If you can find a buyer I'm sure they would be interested.
I agree with this. You would need to make it an attractive proposition for potential buyers though. L1 status being more attractive than L2.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on January 03, 2022, 05:09:03 pm by ravenrover »

TB has said on the past if a suitable buyer came forward he is open to selling

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on January 03, 2022, 06:08:01 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Usually, the opportunists come sniffing when a clubs go into administration. I think we'd have to be extremely lucky if a genuine benefactor was to come along at anytime.

Most opportunists will be looking for collateral to secure finance which we don't have.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on January 04, 2022, 02:00:16 am by Sammy Chung was King »
The board have done a solid job over the years. The problem is the money has seemed to be reduced over the past at least four seasons. The club will draw people in to watch if the football player is of a good standard. The last manager recruited badly but also he needed more help from the board for 2-3 players more.

It will cost them more to be relegated through less season tickets sold, merchandise, food bought, car parking, the interest will drop and once it does it’s hard to get supporters back.
 Nobody wants the club in financial trouble, most people are looking for us to be competing and fighting to stay up. We have an injury room full of players with no idea when they are back that isn’t helping either.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on January 04, 2022, 02:12:04 am by PDX_Rover »
This mentor role is a joke...Whoever thought of this mentor role were looking to save money...Its like myself getting on the phone to my mate and asking him for some advice.....The club is a joke...

You talk a good game, but you don’t offer any ideas.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on January 04, 2022, 07:03:54 am by BigH »
And your point is?

We are bottom of the division, with a team that is barely bottom half of L2 standard. The previous manager recruited a crop of L2 standard players, probably hoping that they could work with the L1 core that was left from last season. Unfortunately, injuries have put paid to that.

If you ran the club what would you be preparing for? A May play-off?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012