Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 02:13:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Gary McSheffrey out  (Read 11688 times)

keith79

• Forum Member
Re: Gary McSheffrey out
« Reply #60 on March 12, 2022, 06:41:18 pm by keith79 »
Dont be daft. It will take till August to pick a new manager

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on March 12, 2022, 06:43:34 pm by ditch_drfc »
Hahahahaaa oh yes tell us more about this tangent universe where everything goes to plan

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on March 12, 2022, 06:57:54 pm by Spilsby Red »
Well, I am not the one to voice change. But I feel GMC is a great bloke, unfortunately he will be better with the U18s. Away from the day to day of the first team. We all know, good players don’t make good managers. I would not like to see Copps as manager either. Leave him as a legend player he was.
Question is, where to move forward, experienced managers aren’t always the answer either.
The board, they have the best interest of the club and thank you.  Yes they have made mistakes but so have we all in life. I know it’s still possible we could stay up but I don’t think we will.
As a club, we need to move forward, support them, maybe GMC might think it’s a job to far. What’s the answer!!! 
One thing tho, whoever puts the rovers shirt on need to know what it means. Put up a fight.

Wade Falana

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on March 12, 2022, 07:10:58 pm by Wade Falana »
It wouldn't matter who we'd replace GMC with now, Pep wouldn't be suddenly be able to turn this lot into a team capable of winning more than 2 on the bounce.
Simple fact is we've bought poorly, very very average L2 standard players who will not get us out of this mess. You have to ask who's responsible for scouting and recommending these players.

auckleyflyer

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on March 12, 2022, 07:18:47 pm by auckleyflyer »
For me the wellens appointment was wrong.  Can't blame butts for last year but come on! We've just repeated the same thing with GMs!!! Do the board live in a fish tank?! "Do not fall for the willing Women's/u18's coach who knows the club inside out and is bound to interview well!?
Key man Bogle? If Richie had played him we'd have more points and wouldn't have had to spend in an area un necessarily? Garry played him and was getting up to speed and a threat then we let him go! And spend replacing again!?! I'm not his biggest fan by any means but his misuse this year has cost us money and points! Who knows how different it would have been?

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on March 12, 2022, 07:25:36 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Not many teams in a relegation battle trying to stay up woukd appoint the caretaker. It’s never ended well for those that have that I can remember either.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on March 12, 2022, 07:27:39 pm by drfchound »
Speaking of Andy Butler, when he came round the South Stand at half time my mate shouted out to him to get a shirt on for the second half.
Butts replied that he wished he could.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on March 12, 2022, 07:35:06 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Speaking of Andy Butler, when he came round the South Stand at half time my mate shouted out to him to get a shirt on for the second half.
Butts replied that he wished he could.

He'd probably be our best defender if he did. Even if he hadn't kicked a ball once since retirement

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on March 12, 2022, 07:44:32 pm by mushRTID »
I really don’t feel GM is the man for next season.

After relegation, going into a season with no hope is quite a depressing thought.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on March 12, 2022, 07:44:55 pm by scawsby steve »
Do you know what...I hope Brammal goes.

Just goes.    There's people queuing up to buy us so thank you for doing feck all and just sell up.

(I am being sarcastic..I am so fecking bored of those who think we should be spending and risking our club).   Be careful what you wish for.    You're saying leave but offering bugger all ss na alternative.    Bugger all

Not one person on this thread has demanded that Terry leaves. People are p*ssed off with the chairman, the management team, the recruitment team, and the players.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on March 12, 2022, 07:48:30 pm by Campsall rover »
He needs to go completely out of his depth, if he is in charge next season we will be nowhere near battling in league 2. No surprise really though considering club did it on the cheap.
Please get it into your head that the managers salary is the managers salary. It will have been set no matter who was appointed.
Why is that so difficult to understand. It was not done on the cheap.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on March 12, 2022, 07:49:05 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Do you know what...I hope Brammal goes.

Just goes.    There's people queuing up to buy us so thank you for doing feck all and just sell up.

(I am being sarcastic..I am so fecking bored of those who think we should be spending and risking our club).   Be careful what you wish for.    You're saying leave but offering bugger all ss na alternative.    Bugger all

Not one person on this thread has demanded that Terry leaves. People are p*ssed off with the chairman, the management team, the recruitment team, and the players.

This 100%. The people making the decisions on behalf of Terry have let him and the club down. Criticism of Terry i'd have is that after the shambles of this season maybe the people to make those decisions on his behalf have to go. He hasn't got much for his money this year just like us fans so he'd be well within his rights.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on March 12, 2022, 07:51:02 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
He needs to go completely out of his depth, if he is in charge next season we will be nowhere near battling in league 2. No surprise really though considering club did it on the cheap.
Please get it into your head that the managers salary is the managers salary. It will have been set no matter who was appointed.

This is true but i think this makes it worse for me. We are over paying massively. If the money we offer for the job could get experienced candidates then GM should not be earning the same

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on March 12, 2022, 08:03:06 pm by Lesonthewest »
I'll repeat Dickos. It is a fact that Anderson, Close and Bostock played most of the first 20 games when we were the worst side in a dreadful division. So that is not shite.

Okenabirhie will score a few goals in a team that is clicking. He would do f**k all in this side because we create next to zero.

John wold improve things, but he isn't a megastar that we are missing. We would not replace Olowu at centre back and he's often been a liability at left back.

Taylor would have improved things, certainly, but again, he would not have turned this side into something fundamentally better.

Those are not "excellent" players that we are missing, in the sense that their presence would have made this side a reasonably good one.

So I struggle to see why you conclude I talk shite, although I am rarely surprised at how divorced you are from reality on this issue.

You’re just saying shite to continue your negative narrative.
Of course Anderson, John, Taylor, bostock, okenabirhie, close would’ve made a difference.

You are just summising these players would make a difference of course, but then again that's just you being positive as opposed to realistic  its pathetic.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on March 12, 2022, 08:07:07 pm by dickos1 »
I'll repeat Dickos. It is a fact that Anderson, Close and Bostock played most of the first 20 games when we were the worst side in a dreadful division. So that is not shite.

Okenabirhie will score a few goals in a team that is clicking. He would do f**k all in this side because we create next to zero.

John wold improve things, but he isn't a megastar that we are missing. We would not replace Olowu at centre back and he's often been a liability at left back.

Taylor would have improved things, certainly, but again, he would not have turned this side into something fundamentally better.

Those are not "excellent" players that we are missing, in the sense that their presence would have made this side a reasonably good one.

So I struggle to see why you conclude I talk shite, although I am rarely surprised at how divorced you are from reality on this issue.

Of course Anderson, John, Taylor, bostock, okenabirhie, close would’ve made a difference.

You are just summising these players would make a difference of course, but then again that's just you being positive as opposed to realistic  its pathetic.

Of course I’m not summising.
You don’t need to be Einstein to realise Taylor and okenabirhie would make more of an impact than dodoo and cukur.
If you don’t think that’s realistic then you’re an idiot

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on March 12, 2022, 08:10:24 pm by sedwardsdrfc »

The point BST is making is that most of them were available and when John was available he wasn't 1st choice and we were still coasting to relegation. Only one whose been out all season is Fej.

I think we'd still be a very very poor team even with everyone fit. Maybe we'd scrape survival but for the amount of what were established L1 players we have this is just not good enough. Whoever signs the players has to answer to a lot of the problems this season.

We've given 2 year contracts to most of these so we'll be stuck with them next year. The job of rebuilding next season is going to be the Bogle situation x15 players

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on March 12, 2022, 08:13:02 pm by Lesonthewest »
McSheffrey clearly isn't up to the task.

But what do you expect when appointing someone with zero senior managerial experience to manage a desperately poor team and not even appointing an experienced, more senior ex-manager to work alongside him?

Simply an appalling appointment by the Board whose good intentions and investments can't be criticised but whose abilities in running a football club look increasingly woeful.

Football managers should be head-hunted not invited to apply and be subject to a lengthy interview process. Their records and style of play are public knowledge for goodness sake!

Pick out who you want from those you can realistically attract and go get them. Doesn't stop you rejecting them and then going for your second choice if they interview badly.

Have said this for a while & if we had anything about us should have been done after Moore. Sick of hearing this is not how we do things blah blah. Then it should be.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on March 12, 2022, 08:15:22 pm by dickos1 »

The point BST is making is that most of them were available and when John was available he wasn't 1st choice and we were still coasting to relegation. Only one whose been out all season is Fej.

I think we'd still be a very very poor team even with everyone fit. Maybe we'd scrape survival but for the amount of what were established L1 players we have this is just not good enough. Whoever signs the players has to answer to a lot of the problems this season.

We've given 2 year contracts to most of these so we'll be stuck with them next year. The job of rebuilding next season is going to be the Bogle situation x15 players

Not sure you can say Taylor hasn’t been out all season too.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on March 12, 2022, 08:16:43 pm by NickDRFC »

This is true but i think this makes it worse for me. We are over paying massively. If the money we offer for the job could get experienced candidates then GM should not be earning the same

If we have paid McSheffrey the same as we would have paid a more experienced applicant, or did pay Wellens or Moore, then that’s ridiculous. In all other walks of life salary is commensurate with ability and experience - even with the playing staff - so why wouldn’t the manager position be like that?

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on March 12, 2022, 08:20:07 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
He was never the right man for the job, he was the man the board wanted to appoint. We went through the rigmarole of picking a new manager when they knew he was going to get it. This is after wasting week after week making a very poor decision.
I could accept if they made a good decision, they haven’t.

Today it was about going for the win, week after week we are trying not to lose. I know he hasn’t had a pre season, but give him one next season and that will be another season wasted.
Why is it fans can see it isn’t going to work but the board can’t?.
He needs to go unfortunately.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on March 12, 2022, 08:21:17 pm by tyke1962 »
Finally we've found some spirit and togetherness which may see us just fall short or maybe survive , who knows with this mental club of mine who you just never know what's going to happen .

My point is we were both in deep shyte , still are , but there's a way to go to down and there's a way not to .

Galvanising a group of young players shouldn't be that difficult , giving them ability goes only so far .

It's amazing what can be achieved if the man in charge can galvanise a group and get the absolute out of them .

It's far from over for Rovers but today wasn't a great indication that it can be turned around .

Shocking result and performance from what's written on here .

Warnock would relish it and who'd bet against him pulling it off .

Just saying like .

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on March 12, 2022, 08:21:44 pm by StocktonRover »
With todays loss and the games left, I think today was the day most people gave up that last bit of hope and accepted we’re down.

Now I’ve accepted that, I feel that McSheffrey is definitely not the man to bring us back up next year or even stabilise and build.
As such, we should find an experienced lower league manager now and give him a full closed season to get us set up for next season so we can start on match day 1 and not a month into the season.

We can’t afford to fanny about for 2 months going through a repeat interview process and as someone has already said, we should identify suitable candidates and approach them.
I’m not sure if the Rooney rule means we have to advertise for applicants and interview BAME applicants, but that can be a formality if we have a clear favoured candidate.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on March 12, 2022, 08:23:09 pm by dickos1 »
He was never the right man for the job, he was the man the board wanted to appoint. We went through the rigmarole of picking a new manager when they knew he was going to get it. This is after wasting week after week making a very poor decision.
I could accept if they made a good decision, they haven’t.

Today it was about going for the win, week after week we are trying not to lose. I know he hasn’t had a pre season, but give him one next season and that will be another season wasted.
Why is it fans can see it isn’t going to work but the board can’t?.
He needs to go unfortunately.

I think today he’s set up to win,
Dodoo, mipo, Martin, Galbraith, seaman,

We don’t often see that many attack minded players in our starting line up

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on March 12, 2022, 08:27:44 pm by Canadian Rover »
If our results were still the same but if we could see progress in style, systems and tactics I'd gladly keep Mcsheffrey; unfortunately we keep chopping and changing styles and systems as well as bewildering selections.

Smith was ready to play today in our most important game of the season thus far and he was benched.

Agard not played again is a disgusting decision, terrible transfer or a mix of the both.

Jackson is an older more expensive version of Horton. 

Mipo. Should be playing youth football somewhere or playing for Frickley not leading the line in a relegation fight in

I'm so confused with his selections and some transfer activity - we've decided to play hoofball and replaced Bogle (a veteran centre forward who specialises in this style of play) with an 18 year old or a winger in Dodoo.

Again no style, no system.

No clue.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on March 12, 2022, 08:31:07 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
If our results were still the same but if we could see progress in style, systems and tactics I'd gladly keep Mcsheffrey; unfortunately we keep chopping and changing styles and systems as well as bewildering selections.

Smith was ready to play today in our most important game of the season thus far and he was benched.

Agard not played again is a disgusting decision, terrible transfer or a mix of the both.

Mipo. Should be playing youth football somewhere or playing for Frickley not leading the line in a relegation fight in

I'm so confused with his selections and some transfer activity - we've decided to play hoofball and replaced Bogle (a veteran centre forward who specialises in this style of play) with an 18 year old or a winger in Dodoo.

No clue.

Agree i think most of us expected relegation by the time Wellens left. I just wanted to see improvement to give hope of a good season next year. As it is we're in for more of the same possibly worse after Younger's had another window to sign some more wasters

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on March 12, 2022, 08:53:57 pm by Lesonthewest »

You don’t need to be Einstein to realise Taylor and okenabirhie would make more of an impact than dodoo and cukur.

You are summising,  it's been posted these players were part of us earlier in the season where they made no difference. Your argument is built on two players, one who has pace with no end product in Taylor, & a player who can score a few goals in a decent team, they would make little or no difference to our position, you're deluded.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2022, 09:10:21 pm by Lesonthewest »

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on March 12, 2022, 09:07:22 pm by Lesonthewest »

No clue.

Agree i think most of us expected relegation by the time Wellens left. I just wanted to see improvement to give hope of a good season next year. As it is we're in for more of the same possibly worse after Younger's had another window to sign some more wasters

Totally agree, I can losing, & going down to an extent. What I can't take is no improvement or purpose to our play. Totally depressing.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on March 12, 2022, 09:09:24 pm by dickos1 »

You are summising,  it's been posted these players were part of us earlier in the season where they made no difference. Your argument is built on two players, one who has pace with no end product in Taylor, & a player who can score a few goals in a decent team, they would make little or no difference to our position, your deluded.

You’re clueless mate
we’ve had Anderson, John, close, bostock, all available together 4 times this season.

But the main issue was we had no strike force we’ve played the majority of the season with a strike force of Bogle, cukur, dodoo, vilca, Barlow.
No attacking threat, nobody to hold the ball up, no pace.

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on March 12, 2022, 09:15:20 pm by Cramby10 »

You are summising,  it's been posted these players were part of us earlier in the season where they made no difference. Your argument is built on two players, one who has pace with no end product in Taylor, & a player who can score a few goals in a decent team, they would make little or no difference to our position, your deluded.

You’re clueless mate
we’ve had Anderson, John, close, bostock, all available together 4 times this season.

But the main issue was we had no strike force we’ve played the majority of the season with a strike force of Bogle, cukur, dodoo, vilca, Barlow.
No attacking threat, nobody to hold the ball up, no pace.
hes not clueless you burk. Anderson, Bostock and John, along with Taylor and Fej were all available last season during our capitulation from January. We were equally as shite as we are now!! Just went to show reliant on one man i Ben Whiteman we were.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on March 12, 2022, 09:17:40 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
If we had Ben Whiteman, John Marquis and James Coppinger out for the season, I'd be the first to say we were missing excellent L1 players. The ones we are missing are not by any neutral objective assessment "excellent". They are at best bang average for this level.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012