Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 09:01:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Fans  (Read 9831 times)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
Re: Fans
« Reply #120 on October 13, 2023, 04:14:31 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Can't tar everyone with the same brush.

Only those acting like t**ts are being called t**ts.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on October 13, 2023, 06:02:03 pm by scawsby steve »
As I've said before, safe standing is the answer, but when will it happen?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on October 13, 2023, 07:29:54 pm by bpoolrover »
For those favouring allocated seating, you might end up losing more than you gain.

We don't want to stop people having a good time. It's about enjoying a football match, supporting the team, singing, clapping etc, predominantly with friends and/or family.

We want to see the 'singers/standers' group together, just as others want to sit in their own groups. Allocated seating would detract from this.

We don't need a sledgehammer to crack a nut, we just want those few who cross the line to behave respectfully whilst still having fun.
i agree the only issue is the ones who stand at the front normally only get in the ground at the last minute so all the seats are taken and they have nowhere to go

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #123 on October 13, 2023, 07:57:27 pm by Pancho Regan »
For those favouring allocated seating, you might end up losing more than you gain.

We don't want to stop people having a good time. It's about enjoying a football match, supporting the team, singing, clapping etc, predominantly with friends and/or family.

We want to see the 'singers/standers' group together, just as others want to sit in their own groups. Allocated seating would detract from this.

We don't need a sledgehammer to crack a nut, we just want those few who cross the line to behave respectfully whilst still having fun.

I’m 66 years old. I attended the Stockport match alone. I sang and clapped and chanted at every opportunity. And I was sitting down.

The only song I didn’t join in with was “Stand up, if you love Rovers, stand up, if you love Rovers ….”
As those who started this chant were the ones standing at the front, obscuring the view of some of those sitting down, the irony was just too much for me.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2023, 09:42:34 pm by Pancho Regan »

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on October 13, 2023, 09:23:50 pm by TonySoprano »

My point is you can't treat everyone as potential criminals to catch the minority who are, such as by filming everyone

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on October 13, 2023, 09:27:05 pm by Campsall rover »

i agree the only issue is the ones who stand at the front normally only get in the ground at the last minute so all the seats are taken and they have nowhere to go
Only tickets are sold though for each seat so in theory there should be a seat for everyone.
There is no way the stewards should allow people to stand in gangways or at the front.
It is a massive safety hazard. If there was an emergency and anything serious happened there would be serious consequences for the club in question.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #126 on October 13, 2023, 09:28:30 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

My point is you can't treat everyone as potential criminals to catch the minority who are, such as by filming everyone

I don't know if you've noticed, but non-criminals are regularly filmed in public areas without any implication that they are in any way criminals. It's their criminal behaviour that give the criminals away as criminals!

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on October 13, 2023, 09:32:55 pm by TonySoprano »

I don't know if you've noticed, but non-criminals are regularly filmed in public areas without any implication that they are in any way criminals. It's their criminal behaviour that give the criminals away as criminals!
Your completely missing the point.
Cctv is completely different to a police officer filming every fan under the assumption that they are a potential criminal.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #128 on October 13, 2023, 11:21:50 pm by andysly »
There is a positive aspect to the indiscriminate filming, my Grandson was on the verge of being kicked out at Hull due to the smoke bomb that went off.
It landed near his feet after a limp wristed moron chucked it, the stewards spotted it and took my lad and a couple of his mates out of the ground into the concourse before getting a call to say the video had been seen and someone else had thrown it.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #129 on October 14, 2023, 11:55:19 am by Glyn_Wigley »

Your completely missing the point.
Cctv is completely different to a police officer filming every fan under the assumption that they are a potential criminal.

I'm missing the point?

You might have a valid point...if anybody had said the police should film everybody indiscriminately.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2023, 11:57:40 am by Glyn_Wigley »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012