Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 12:01:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Season Ticket sales  (Read 21676 times)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
Season Ticket sales
« on May 24, 2010, 01:26:42 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Standing at 4358 with the second deadline nearly here - simply awful!!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

roversam

• Forum Member
Re:Season Ticket sales
« Reply #1 on May 24, 2010, 01:35:00 pm by roversam »
Norfolk N Chance wrote:
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 24, 2010, 01:38:26 pm by MrFrost »
We've sold about 200 then in the last month. I think we will struggle to sell over 5000. Who's to blame? The fans, or poor marketing from the club?

danrover82

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 24, 2010, 01:40:28 pm by danrover82 »
A mixture of the economic crisis, job losses, marketing, and inspirational signings!

topnotch_Donny

« Reply #4 on May 24, 2010, 01:40:50 pm by topnotch_Donny »
Norfolk N Chance wrote:

What do you expect, we are only in May. The board should have a reality check and drop the deadlines; however, i doubt that would change much anyway. We are in a recession, simple as really.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 24, 2010, 01:41:21 pm by MrFrost »
The country is actually out of recession.

topnotch_Donny

« Reply #6 on May 24, 2010, 01:46:02 pm by topnotch_Donny »
Doncaster was hit pretty hard and has poor employment levels anyway.

Plus our fanbase is quite new, so a lot will prioritise, and Rovers wont be top of their priorities in these difficult times.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 24, 2010, 01:47:54 pm by MrFrost »
I understand that. However, the club could have done alot more to generate more sales. Better marketing, monthly installment plan to help those struggling to pay all at once. Why they can't implement things like this I will never know.

topnotch_Donny

« Reply #8 on May 24, 2010, 01:53:12 pm by topnotch_Donny »
MrFrost wrote:
I understand that. However, the club could have done alot more to generate more sales. Better marketing, monthly installment plan to help those struggling to pay all at once. Why they can't implement things like this I will never know.

I agree.

I was only expecting 5k st sales because of the deadlines and poor marketing by the club. If you think about it, we have had 5k st holders since Belle Vue (some years now) so I think we have 5k (hardcore) fans that will buy st's come hell or highwater.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 24, 2010, 01:57:19 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Yet people want us to spend up to a million on players - astonishing.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 24, 2010, 01:59:52 pm by MrFrost »
We've bid almost a million for Billy. Gartom has said it was alot higher than 650k, so we are obviously willing to spend this regardless of how many we sell.
Unless there is a massive late surge, I can't see many more being sold.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 24, 2010, 02:28:59 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Think we have come as far as we can - hold your head in shame - donny public!
Oh well - at least Leeds will be back in the top flight soon so you can waste your money on them!

I-was-there1976

« Reply #12 on May 24, 2010, 04:49:43 pm by I-was-there1976 »
I'm not buying a ST so im gonna hang my head in shame lol

Im gonna spend my money how i like and if it means on holidays,clothes,family etc, etc and Rovers are about 10th down the line so be it

simples

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 24, 2010, 04:55:48 pm by MrFrost »
If a monhtly payment plan was an option, would people who haven't renewed consider renewing on such a scheme?

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on May 24, 2010, 05:15:59 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
That's fine but don't be one of the ones complaining about lack of funds from the board.

Simples.

irishcontingent

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 24, 2010, 05:48:03 pm by irishcontingent »
When cheapest ST at Barnsley is £299 ( and does not rise on a time scale )  and cheapest at KMS is £380 ( Rising to £420 @1st june ) a difference of £120 , i think its reasonable to assume current climate being as it is Barnsley will inevitably sell more ST. Allied to that is the method of payment ( spreading cost ). Still if Barnsley get 12000 ST sales ( at the lowest price ), for same revenue return DRFC would only require 8500 ( again at the lowest price ). Now i can see Barnsley selling 12000, but not DRFC selling 8500.

Studies have revealed that ST sales are dependent on previous seasons performances -

So -

Cant be the football that puts folk off can it?

Must be pricing structure then !!.

Wellington Vaults

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 24, 2010, 06:20:36 pm by Wellington Vaults »
Excuse my ignorance here, but don't the Rovers provide ANY installment option at all?

Surely they can't just demand full payment or nowt at all?

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on May 24, 2010, 06:23:25 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
They do but you pay for next years in advance.  Unfortunately barely anyone uses it or thinks ahead that they might need to save for a ST.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 24, 2010, 06:56:00 pm by Wellred »
big fat yorkshire pudding wrote:
They do but you pay for next years in advance.  Unfortunately barely anyone uses it or thinks ahead that they might need to save for a ST.

What do they teach at school nowadays?
That's not paying by instalments that's a savings plan.
Anyone can put so much money in a bank account each week to pay for next years season ticket.
Like many probably on here I put coins in a jar each week so that when my season ticket is due I have the money.

That isn't paying by instalments BFYP

snods big brother

« Reply #19 on May 24, 2010, 07:00:49 pm by snods big brother »
Does anyone know when the figure was last updated? Seem to me that it has not been changed for a while.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on May 24, 2010, 07:07:04 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
As posted before, the projection for sales as indicated the poll is around 4700. Yes it's piss poor considering where we are at the moment.

I've said it all along that the pricing policy does not reflect the economic climate, and if you take liberties with price people will walk.

Rovers and the majority of football need to wake up and smell the coffee. Only Delia Smith last week said in an article that football needs to be brought back to the average fan.

Ian Holloway commented after the play - off final that they should being the price of the game down to make it more accessible for more fans to come and watch their heroes.

I our case to lose 3500 ST holders in 2 seasons is careless if not complacent.

The club should admit they got it wrong, drop the prices and think about ways of making up the difference for those who have renewed already.

New shirt anyone ? Deposit of next season's ST ?

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on May 24, 2010, 07:21:14 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Isn't the technical phrase advance payment by instalments?  Certainly is on the accounting degree course that I finish in 2 weeks time.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 24, 2010, 07:29:05 pm by MrFrost »
The figure has been updated today, but has only increased very slightly.
I reckon we are one of the only clubs not to offer a direct debit plan to pay monthly. I'm mates with a Sheff Utd fan, who has taken out an option with them for his season ticket. You pay a little extra for it, but as he says, it was the difference between him either getting one or not.
Like someone has pointed out, we could have potentially lost 3500 season ticket holders in the last couple of years. To say where we are and how we did last season, that is simply dreadful.
The club haven't marketed the season ticket at all. God knows why, it isn't hard.
Its probably too late to change anything now for the coming season, but will lessons be learned for the future?
I wonder what the reaction of the board will be when we struggle to average 9k next year?

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 24, 2010, 08:23:59 pm by DonnyNoel »
When we are talking about \"installments\" do we mean pay monthly as the season goes along? Or pay monthly as this season goes along to pay for one next season?

If its the former perhaps the club can't cope with not having the cash up front? How do clubs that offer this at the moment \"police\" people who lose interest during the season and cancel their direct debits?

topnotch_Donny

« Reply #24 on May 24, 2010, 08:43:56 pm by topnotch_Donny »
It can be beneficial for the club to have more floaters than ST holders.

Think about it.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 24, 2010, 08:55:12 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Sorry we can blame the club all you want and it was pretty poor marketing this figure is extremely poor.
The realisation that we have come as far as we can is not nice but plain and simple for all to see.
This is non league stuff and the donny public will get what they deserve f**k ALL!!!

topnotch_Donny

« Reply #26 on May 24, 2010, 08:58:43 pm by topnotch_Donny »
Norfolk N Chance wrote:
Sorry we can blame the club all you want and it was pretty poor marketing this figure is extremely poor.
The realisation that we have come as far as we can is not nice but plain and simple for all to see.
This is non league stuff and the donny public will get what they deserve fcuk ALL!!!

It will take atleast a decade for us to grow. Some Donnyfolk came, but the novelty wore off. We cant expect the Donny public to jump on the wagon. We need to capture the next generation of fan, and to do that we need to sustain this level.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on May 24, 2010, 09:19:02 pm by Nudga »
Norfolk N Chance wrote:
This is non league stuff and the donny public will get what they deserve fcuk ALL!!!

Don't forget a lot of people have lost their jobs recently (Jarvis as one example). Even more folk are having overtime cut backs, self employed tradesmen have been scratting about for work in the last two years. More jobs operate on a 24/7 basis so finding the time to go is equally difficult. Some folk on here and the club are too quick to criticise the public when the price of going to a football match is some what extortionate. If the club would trim the tickets to about £15 a game you would see a vast improvement.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on May 24, 2010, 09:21:59 pm by coventryrover »
Norfolk N Chance wrote:

What if we get more people coming through the gates after buying tickets just before matches?  It's not all about season tickets.

Granted the club have done feck all about marketing/incentivising season ticket purchases

topnotch_Donny

« Reply #29 on May 24, 2010, 09:24:08 pm by topnotch_Donny »
Nudga wrote:
Norfolk N Chance wrote:

Don't forget a lot of people have lost their jobs recently (Jarvis as one example). Even more folk are having overtime cut backs, self employed tradesmen have been scratting about for work in the last two years. More jobs operate on a 24/7 basis so finding the time to go is equally difficult. Some folk on here and the club are too quick to criticise the public when the price of going to a football match is some what extortionate. If the club would trim the tickets to about £15 a game you would see a vast improvement.

I agree, its far too expensive, and I am surprised we get the crowds we do.

We've grown so fast and a lot of our fans are relatively new and haven't been life long supporters, so Rovers is bound to be low in their priorities in difficult times.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012