Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 08:13:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Season Ticket sales  (Read 21678 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re:Season Ticket sales
« Reply #120 on June 04, 2010, 11:06:53 am by Filo »
DRFC-Hanksie wrote:
If people want to watch better football with better players, they have to be prepared to fork out.

Why do they never do a half season ticket for the first half (11 or 12) games of the season?

This is only a guess but, If they sold half season tickets for the first half of the season then most probably they wouldn`t sell many full season tickets, so the club wouldn`t have the money in to finalise the budget. If we were to have a bad start to the season and were near the bottom of the table like we were in our first season in the championship the chances are that alot of half season ticket holders wouldn`t renew

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #121 on June 04, 2010, 01:39:24 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Filo wrote:
DRFC-Hanksie wrote:
If people want to watch better football with better players, they have to be prepared to fork out.

Why do they never do a half season ticket for the first half (11 or 12) games of the season?

This is only a guess but, If they sold half season tickets for the first half of the season then most probably they wouldn`t sell many full season tickets, so the club wouldn`t have the money in to finalise the budget. If we were to have a bad start to the season and were near the bottom of the table like we were in our first season in the championship the chances are that alot of half season ticket holders wouldn`t renew

True but if a half season ticket could be bought only 2 weeks prior to the new season starting then anyone who would buy a full season one would already have done so.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #122 on June 04, 2010, 03:11:40 pm by Mike_F »
... or you could get people hanging fire for the half season tickets to be launched. If we were to offer a first half of the season ticket, I would want to see it being no cheaper than buying match by match but marketed on the basis of the time and effort saved in queueing to buy tickets for each game and the various peripheral benefits e.g. club shop discount etc.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #123 on June 08, 2010, 12:30:08 am by BillyStubbsTears »
DRFC-Hanksie wrote:

I heard the logistics of the Half-Season Ticket flummoxed the behind the scenes chappied. Couldn't figure out how to turf out the Early-Seasoners at half time in match 12 and let the Late-Seasoners rake their seats for the second half

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #124 on June 08, 2010, 10:17:10 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
BillyStubbsTears wrote:
DRFC-Hanksie wrote:

I heard the logistics of the Half-Season Ticket flummoxed the behind the scenes chappied. Couldn't figure out how to turf out the Early-Seasoners at half time in match 12 and let the Late-Seasoners rake their seats for the second half

Probably because they should do it halfway through match 11 ;)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #125 on June 08, 2010, 09:36:12 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
big fat yorkshire pudding wrote:
BillyStubbsTears wrote:
DRFC-Hanksie wrote:

Go back and re-do your sums sparra.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #126 on June 08, 2010, 10:36:47 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
BillyStubbsTears wrote:
big fat yorkshire pudding wrote:
BillyStubbsTears wrote:
DRFC-Hanksie wrote:

Go back and re-do your sums sparra.

Tis a fair point I definately read that wrong.  Weeks of reading and exams seems to have killed  my brain.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #127 on June 08, 2010, 11:00:43 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Season Ticket sales still showing at 4725. Anyone bought at full price yet ?

I hope a few 'shrewd' signings will help and, on the build up to the season I hope the PR machine goes in to full swing.

In the 4 weeks run up to the season it would be good to see interviews with players on a daily basis. Updates about how training is going etc, both on Roversplayer, on Trax and in Star/Free Press.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on June 15, 2010, 09:11:15 pm by MrFrost »
Sales now showing at 5197.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #129 on June 15, 2010, 11:56:48 pm by hoolahoop »
Rigoglioso wrote:
MrFrost wrote:
Sales now showing at 5197.

Great news.

If they keep increasing steadily at the rate they have been, we should end up with around 6,200 - 6,500 by the time the opening game arrives. Still down on last season but I think its still better than what most of us would have expected a few weeks ago.

I agree, the panic re. ST's is getting a little out of hand. Fact is it's only the 2nd. week in June and 5200 +'awaiting process', plenty of time left to achieve a reasonable final figure............chins up.  B)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012