Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:01:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Hull City  (Read 51436 times)

Jonathan

• Forum Member
Re: Hull City
« Reply #180 on July 12, 2020, 08:19:59 pm by Jonathan »
Jonathan,

I despair at times, I really do. We have a supporters trust who works tirelessly to build relationships with all members of staff at DRFC. We're shareholders. We have an MOU signed by both parties to further that relationship to one of real trust between us both. We're here, as one of our goals, and probably our number one goal, which is to ensure that this club endures, and that we operate on a financial footing that  will never see this club in danger.

But apart from that, Gavin and myself have had a working relationship which helps us share information that no player would ever get to know, especially those that drift into the club and then out again. We don't just meet for a coffee and chew the fat, we actually do work together to promote DRFC for the benefit of all, but especially supporters. The flow of information that comes from those meetings helps in all kinds of areas. We also meet with various directors and shareholders within DRFC which further enhances the relationship on all sides.

To suggest that we don't discuss budgets and compare season on season, and how that budget is getting spent is insulting to both Gavin and myself. Its also insulting to the Supporters Board who give up their spare time and discuss the very same issues. Yes, I agree the accounts won't show everything, but thats why we sit down with the Finance Director and go through them in detail, so that we can understand wht they relate to and how that affects the performance of the club.

I'm not getting into a 'slanging match' either, nor do I consider this as one. But I'm happy to name my sources when I mention budgets and accounts. But to suggest that a player or a players rep will know more about DRFC is quite frankly absurd.

I think you’ve taken my assertion that you might not know everything a little too far. It was certainly not my intention to criticise the work of the club, or of yourself, or of the wider supporters board and nor have I done so. In fact I’d prefer if you didn’t try to insinuate that as it’s not called for. I was merely pointing out that you won’t necessarily be party to every conversation that does (or does not) take place. If you believe that you are then we shall agree to disagree.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #181 on July 12, 2020, 08:23:06 pm by Chris Black come back »
Think this has veered away a little. The question at hand was whether McCann had seen his budget cut. The answer to that on the basis of someone who has seen the evidence, appears to be no, it was not. The rest of the debate perhaps superfluous and best put to bed. 

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #182 on July 12, 2020, 08:34:48 pm by Padge_DRFC »
If Darren Moore left tomorrow and McCann applied again v all those from the last list would you want McCann over them? I would say yes

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #183 on July 12, 2020, 08:36:47 pm by Filo »
If Darren Moore left tomorrow and McCann applied again v all those from the last list would you want McCann over them? I would say yes

NO!

Can’t be trusted

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #184 on July 12, 2020, 08:37:52 pm by mushRTID »

Absolutely not

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #185 on July 12, 2020, 08:48:34 pm by Campsall rover »
I think what upset most people was McCann spouting loyalty to the players and then vanishing off to Hull faster than we could blink.
Not many would criticise last seasons performance and entertainment.
That wasn’t the issue imo.

We were much better defensively under DM but not as prolific scoring goals.
Main reason of course was the loss of Marquis & Wilks to the team.
We never had a consistent goal scoring striker in the team & were far too reliant on Sadlier & Taylor who are not out & out strikers and the inexperienced Ennis.

Would we have McCann back if Moore left, well that’s up for debate. Don’t see it as something we will need to consider though.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #186 on July 12, 2020, 08:59:25 pm by selby »
  I  am hoping that when Darren Moore leaves Doncaster Rovers it will be that far in the future that getting Grant McCann back will be forgotten about and we will be attracting top managers.
 We can always dream.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #187 on July 13, 2020, 08:30:53 am by graingrover »
I believe that DRFC would continue to consider integrity to be an essential characteristic of any candidate and GM may have many qualities but did not show integrity over the way he dealt with out of contract players .

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #188 on July 13, 2020, 10:00:56 am by drfchound »
From what I heard about his leaving there will be no way back for McCann while we have our current owners.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #189 on July 13, 2020, 10:26:45 am by selby »
  Correct Hound.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #190 on July 13, 2020, 12:39:11 pm by steve@dcfd »
McCann got the best out of our players. He brought in two risky loanees and they came good. He brought in a experienced CH in January when we had injuries he played well. He had the players to play his 433. But he was stubborn keeping Tommy out of the side for Crawford. He also plays one way which will be his downfall at Hull. Plus losing his best players. He spoke of loyalty then left when the first opportunity arose. Whether he’ll get sack from Hull if relegated is debatable, will they get anymore points I don’t think they will.
We have a better manager now if we could have had Marquis and Wilks and Kane then we would have been in the top two. We move on and we may see Grant again in the opposite dugout if he stays at Hull.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #191 on July 13, 2020, 01:52:15 pm by Chris Black come back »
Thought he like Saunders did a good job in putting together a very competitive team from a standing start, given our previous manager left in middle of the close season. Very attractive football and some superb signings. Annoying he in turn left so late in the close season and after the squad had started to be rebuilt but cannot begrudge the guy his stint with us as an antidote to the previous few seasons of largely soporific and entirely forgettable football under the previous guy.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #192 on July 13, 2020, 07:22:46 pm by Alan Southstand »
Chris, you can’t be talking about McCann - standing start? He had some very good players at his disposal in Marquis, Rowe, Anderson, Wright, Andrew, Mason, Blair, Butler and 3 keepers. He added Kane and Wilks and he signed Crawford.

If anyone had to start with bare bones, it was DM, last season.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #193 on July 13, 2020, 07:30:57 pm by Chris Black come back »
Chris, you can’t be talking about McCann - standing start? He had some very good players at his disposal in Marquis, Rowe, Anderson, Wright, Andrew, Mason, Blair, Butler and 3 keepers. He added Kane and Wilks and he signed Crawford.

I meant he didn’t know any of these players and put together a side that was from the get go competitive, when as you point out many of the same players had been at the club previously and frankly, had been far from competitive in League One. Plus also, he made some very good additions.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #194 on July 13, 2020, 07:33:49 pm by silent majority »

I meant he didn’t know any of these players and put together a side that was from the get go competitive, when as you point out many of the same players had been at the club previously and frankly, had been far from competitive in League One. Plus also, he made some very good additions.

Before his 1st interview he'd watched every game from the season before, therefore he knew the players he was inheriting. Its the major reason he didn't have a clear out or demand a bunch of new signings.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #195 on July 13, 2020, 11:31:10 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Slightly pedantic but Crawford was already a done deal by Ferguson.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #196 on July 14, 2020, 04:24:19 pm by Alan Southstand »
It’s the big one tonight, as far as Wigan and Hull are concerned. If Wigan beat them, they’ll be 12 points ahead with a much better goal difference.

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #197 on July 14, 2020, 06:06:52 pm by elmsallrover »
1 nil down already after just 1 minutes

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #198 on July 14, 2020, 06:08:13 pm by Filo »
1 nil down already after just 4 minutes

He’ll be sacked tonight 😂😂😂😂😂

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #199 on July 14, 2020, 06:22:04 pm by steve@dcfd »
Wigan also 12 pts clear of Hull with 20mins gone

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #200 on July 14, 2020, 06:34:56 pm by Dutch Uncle »
3-0 after 30 mins

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #201 on July 14, 2020, 06:35:06 pm by dknward2 »
Three nil now hahahaha

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #202 on July 14, 2020, 06:37:08 pm by eastender »
They've given up, they look a beaten team and this could end up embarrassing .

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #203 on July 14, 2020, 06:39:00 pm by Prez »
Look forward to post match press conference with Burnsy ripping into McCann  :crying:

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #204 on July 14, 2020, 06:39:48 pm by ian1980 »
4-0 before 40 minutes.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 06:41:55 pm by ian1980 »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #205 on July 14, 2020, 06:39:56 pm by Filo »
4-0 after 37 minutes 😂😂😂😂😂

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #206 on July 14, 2020, 06:40:54 pm by scawsby steve »
What a pity we probably won't be able to go to the KC Stadium next season.

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #207 on July 14, 2020, 06:41:06 pm by ian1980 »
5-0 now 😂😂😂

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #208 on July 14, 2020, 06:43:39 pm by Prez »
This is hilarious!

eastender

• VSC Member