Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 04:45:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Hull City  (Read 51407 times)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
Re: Hull City
« Reply #330 on July 18, 2020, 05:45:47 pm by steve@dcfd »
Wigan play Fulham who now have something to play for a win puts them on 83. They have to win and hope West Brom and Brentford lose.
Luton play Blackburn, Hull away at Cardiff and Charlton away Leeds. Barnsley got two fixtures Notts Forest at home and Brentford away.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #331 on July 18, 2020, 05:46:53 pm by mushRTID »
On the verge of relegation and not a shot on target. Pathetic

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #332 on July 18, 2020, 07:28:31 pm by Alan Southstand »
Seriously, can Hull win anything? What is it, one win in the last 20 (and that was only down to a last minute goal from Wilks). Ferguson-esque, if you ask me.

If Wigan get docked their 12, they’re still 1 point ahead of Hull. Charlton have to go to Leeds and upset their party!

The 3 down are starting to look like Barnsley, Hull and Charlton.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #333 on July 18, 2020, 09:06:32 pm by Campsall rover »
It’s too close to call.

Think Barnsley have too much to do. Even they could pull of a Houdini. Highly improbable as all other results would need to go in their favour.
I think Luton’s win today may send Wigan down with Hull & Barnsley.

Luton to draw with Blackburn and Wigan to draw with Fulham.
Charlton even if they lose at Leeds which is not certain would stay up courtesy of Wigan’s 12 points deduction.
Can’t see Barnsley beating Forest & Brentford and expect Cardiff to see off Hull.
But what do i know. This is the beauty of the unpredictability of football and the Championship in particular.
It will probably go down to the the last 5 mins.

At the other end West Brom or Brentford. Most would say WBA now, but will there be a final twist at the death ???
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 09:32:51 pm by Campsall rover »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #334 on July 18, 2020, 09:28:00 pm by Campsall rover »
Seriously, can Hull win anything? What is it, one win in the last 20 (and that was only down to a last minute goal from Wilks). Ferguson-esque, if you ask me.

If Wigan get docked their 12, they’re still 1 point ahead of Hull. Charlton have to go to Leeds and upset their party!

The 3 down are starting to look like Barnsley, Hull and Charlton.
Alan Wigan will have to beat Fulham even if Charlton lose at Leeds. They might of course but a draw won’t be enough.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #335 on July 18, 2020, 09:41:32 pm by Campsall rover »
Birmingham City have had 0 wins 3 draws and 5 defeats since the re start.
Good job they had points in the bank. On 50 & will survive by the skin of their teeth.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 09:46:50 pm by Campsall rover »

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #336 on July 18, 2020, 09:56:32 pm by Prez »
BBC humberside said to McCann you had no shots on target to which he replied “yeah it’s something we need to work on!!” Lost the plot grant me old mucka.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #337 on July 18, 2020, 10:05:07 pm by Alan Southstand »
I think our u23’s would have half a chance v Hull.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #338 on July 18, 2020, 11:08:20 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I'll be amazed if Wigan get a points penalty given the context.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #339 on July 18, 2020, 11:17:36 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
The EFL just can't wipe out the rules just because of the circumstances of how Wigans Administration came about. That is a matter for Wigan and their owner etc.

What the EFL will do is wait to determine when to apply the points deduction. Only the final games will determine whether the 12 points will relegate them or not.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #340 on July 18, 2020, 11:26:41 pm by RoversAlias »

The EFL already confirmed the deduction and I doubt they'll move on that. They can't apply it until the season ends due to the timing, so it is entirely dependent on how far clear of relegation Wigan finish now as to whether they lose 12 points this season or next.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #341 on July 18, 2020, 11:39:32 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

The EFL already confirmed the deduction and I doubt they'll move on that. They can't apply it until the season ends due to the timing, so it is entirely dependent on how far clear of relegation Wigan finish now as to whether they lose 12 points this season or next.

My apologies. I've not kept up with the news.

That seems to me to be a bigger failing of natural justice than both putting Wycombe in the play-offs and not awarding us the result vs Bolton.

Regarding the effect on Hull though, the only way it can come into play is with the following results.

Hull beat Cardiff and
Luton lose against Blackburn and
Wigan fail to beat Fulham

Going on the bookies' odds, that's roughly a 50/1 shot.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #342 on July 19, 2020, 12:04:36 am by MachoMadness »

Wigan have appealed it, for what it's worth, so the EFL do have a formal chance to reconsider it. However, I doubt they would and I'm unsure whether they should. They'll be thinking if they cave on this, it opens the door for more investors to do the same (or similar) thing.

Also, let's not forget Wednesday are looking at a points deduction at some point, too. Hull could survive, as their dodgy owners didn't break any rules, whereas the other two did! How's that for sporting integrity!

If they do survive, they'll be in for a miserable time next season, though. Given the Athletic report about their slashed wage bill and the owners being unwilling to spend money on players to replace the ones who left, they'll be getting turned over every week, McCann or no McCann.

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #343 on July 19, 2020, 12:45:51 am by elmsallrover »
I think we can count ourselves lucky the players that mccan tuck to Hull could have been the players he wanted to bring to the keepmoat

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #344 on July 19, 2020, 03:56:13 am by WheatleyRover »
If they go down that's two examples of managers who have left us in recent times and found the grass isn't greener, Saunders and now possibly McCann't, I know they got a chance to manage in the Championship but we should use them as examples to any future managers who want to leave lol 😂😂
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 04:01:58 am by WheatleyRover »

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #345 on July 19, 2020, 06:29:13 am by Donnywolf »
I like the quote in Reply 336 from Prez above

(Getting some shots on target) "is something we need to work at"

Managers in all Clubs in all Divisions have endless Pressers to fill and often come out with anything to fill the empty void but that surely has to be up there in the top 10 of unusual "comments". Passing shooting scoring throwing the ball in are all inate parts of the game surely ?

He must really have meant we must play better as a team (and then that will up our possession ratio, we will play more of the game in our opponents half , maybe get more chances , have more shots on goal and perhaps score more goals)

Anyway I dont want to kick a bloke when he's (almost certainly) d-o-w-n !  :evil: :scarf: :evil: Bye

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #346 on July 19, 2020, 09:01:53 am by eastender »

I think Hull K R would have half a chance against them.  :lol:

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #347 on July 19, 2020, 09:07:47 am by 5 on Tour »

I think Hull K R would have half a chance against them.  :lol:

I reckon I could find 11 people walking round town who would have a chance against them. 😂

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #348 on July 19, 2020, 09:28:46 am by selby »
  Rules and the EFL are irrelevent depending on how the club concerned is viewed by whoever sits in judgement for the EFL.
  Well it was in the cases of Leeds United, Southampton, Leicester City, and Bolton Wanderers, not so much in Hereford, Stockport County, and Macclesfields cases.
  It depends on what scale they view Wigan how they are punished if past wrong doing by clubs is taken into consideration.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #349 on July 19, 2020, 10:14:18 am by wilts rover »
  Rules and the EFL are irrelevent depending on how the club concerned is viewed by whoever sits in judgement for the EFL.
  Well it was in the cases of Leeds United, Southampton, Leicester City, and Bolton Wanderers, not so much in Hereford, Stockport County, and Macclesfields cases.
  It depends on what scale they view Wigan how they are punished if past wrong doing by clubs is taken into consideration.

I would hope that they are investigating this 'alleged' bet properly.

If it is remotely true, that the owner only put the club into administrtion to win a bet for somebody, then surely that should either cancel the points deduction or apply it next season. So that thy do not benefit from what to me seems a criminal act.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #350 on July 19, 2020, 10:42:34 am by Chris Black come back »
Does look like Barnsley, Hull and Wigan going down. Tough ask for Wigan to win against Fulham. Draw not good enough for them. That win yesterday for Luton was absolutely critical.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #351 on July 19, 2020, 10:50:58 am by roversdude »
Didn’t Blackpool avoid a points deduction dud to circumstances with the former owners

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #352 on July 19, 2020, 01:10:03 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
after yesterdays results the host on radio 5  mentioned the Sheff Wednesday situation had not been resolved over fair play and hinted they could lose 12 points . if wigan are relegated they will obviously appeal holding things up so who knows what will happen. with lots of knock on effects

Barnsley did a lot lot better than we expected at Leeds and could have been ahead i see no reason why they could not win both matches especially if Brentford are in don't care mode.

Forest will in this" financial challenging world" maybe protect their "cash and lolley" from exposure to injury  ........ they don't earn any interest anyhow  :suicide: :suicide:

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #353 on July 19, 2020, 01:37:19 pm by RoversAlias »
Brentford will be going all-out to win against Barnsley, they still have a very good chance of automatic promotion.

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #354 on July 19, 2020, 04:06:10 pm by WheatleyRover »
I don't think they will sack him if they get relegated

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #355 on July 19, 2020, 04:59:25 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
after yesterdays results the host on radio 5  mentioned the Sheff Wednesday situation had not been resolved over fair play and hinted they could lose 12 points . if wigan are relegated they will obviously appeal holding things up so who knows what will happen. with lots of knock on effects

Barnsley did a lot lot better than we expected at Leeds and could have been ahead i see no reason why they could not win both matches especially if Brentford are in don't care mode.

Forest will in this" financial challenging world" maybe protect their "cash and lolley" from exposure to injury  ........ they don't earn any interest anyhow  :suicide: :suicide:

well done Dingles we dont want you in Division one next year by the way -- you have murdered them all match yes Cash was not selected and lolley was on the bench --- game on !!!

Juddy

• VSC Member
« Reply #356 on July 19, 2020, 05:00:17 pm by Juddy »
Barnsley won nice
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 05:03:59 pm by Juddy »

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #357 on July 19, 2020, 05:33:54 pm by eastender »
Very pleasing on the eye.  :evil:

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #358 on July 19, 2020, 06:08:18 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Going to be some finish in the Championship. 1 promotion, 2 play off & 2 relegation places to be decided.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #359 on July 19, 2020, 06:19:45 pm by Chris Black come back »
Very pleasing on the eye.  :evil:

Win their final game and others lose plus Wigan deduction and they could easily stay up.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012