Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:00:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Hull City  (Read 51435 times)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Re: Hull City
« Reply #360 on July 19, 2020, 06:31:01 pm by scawsby steve »
Going to be some finish in the Championship. 1 promotion, 2 play off & 2 relegation places to be decided.

3 relegation places.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #361 on July 19, 2020, 06:32:46 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Going to be some finish in the Championship. 1 promotion, 2 play off & 2 relegation places to be decided.

3 relegation places.

Hull are gone. Suppose there is Wigans point deduction to consider.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #362 on July 19, 2020, 06:33:40 pm by LincsRover »
Very pleasing on the eye.  :evil:

Hahahahahahahaha!!!! 🐍🐍🐍🐍

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #363 on July 19, 2020, 06:37:43 pm by scawsby steve »

3 relegation places.

Hull are not relegated yet.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #364 on July 19, 2020, 06:40:48 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Definitely not. More twists to come.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #365 on July 19, 2020, 06:50:44 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »

3 relegation places.

If Hull somehow manage to win and stay up i'll climb up to the top of the Keepmoat and show my arse.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #366 on July 19, 2020, 06:59:38 pm by scawsby steve »

3 relegation places.

If Hull somehow manage to win and stay up i'll climb up to the top of the Keepmoat and show my arse.

I don't think they'll stay up either, and I certainly don't want them to, but it's nowhere near impossible.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #367 on July 19, 2020, 07:35:14 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Pathetic the Wigan decision isn't finalised

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #368 on July 19, 2020, 07:37:32 pm by DonnyOsmond »

3 relegation places.

I don't think they'll stay up either, and I certainly don't want them to, but it's nowhere near impossible.

They need an 11 goal swing too though.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #369 on July 19, 2020, 07:45:01 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »

3 relegation places.

Goners.

Saw on Twitter a Hull fan put money on them when they were something daft like 500/1 to go down just as they sold Bowen.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #370 on July 19, 2020, 07:54:11 pm by scawsby steve »

3 relegation places.

No they don't. If they win their last game and Barnsley, Luton, and Wigan all lose, they'll go above them all, as their goal difference is better than Luton's.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #371 on July 19, 2020, 08:08:35 pm by Metalmicky »

3 relegation places.

No they don't. If they win their last game and Barnsley, Luton, and Wigan all lose, they'll go above them all, as their goal difference is better than Luton's.

They wouldn't go above Wigan....... as their deduction hasn't yet been applied/verified and there are going to be appeals in-coming.  TBH if they manage to win at Cardiff - who are trying to stay in the play-offs and have only lost 3 games at home all year - then maybe they will deserve it..... however, they will still need to hope that 3 other teams get beat and that Wigan's 12 point deduction is upheld....

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #372 on July 19, 2020, 09:07:38 pm by drfchound »

Typical of the EFL.
Not fit for purpose.

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #373 on July 19, 2020, 09:22:00 pm by Chris the Rover »
Couldn’t agree more Hound

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #374 on July 19, 2020, 09:27:33 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Hull only now stay up if.

They beat Cardiff
Barnsley fail to win at Brentford.
Luton lose at home to Blackburn Rovers.
Wigan don't beat Fulham.

And, the EFL actually impose the 12 point penalty on Wigan, which would be a ridiculous outcome in light of what is looking like criminality.

I'd give you at the very least 100/1 against that outcome.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #375 on July 19, 2020, 09:57:08 pm by RoversAlias »
The Wigan deduction is finalised guys, since they went into administration after the March cut-off date the 12 points have to come off when it will make a difference. So, if they finish less than 12 points clear of the drop zone they lose the points and go down, if they finish further clear then the deduction comes off next season instead since it wouldn't really make any difference to be applied when they're safe and will stay safe.

This was outlined at the very start of this Wigan fiasco, it adds an extra level of complication to the relegation battle but has been clearly set out the whole time.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #376 on July 19, 2020, 09:59:31 pm by IDM »
I can’t see why folks are having a go at the EFL re Wigan, their situation is probably very complicated and none of us outside of that really know what’s going on, do we.?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #377 on July 20, 2020, 01:39:35 am by scawsby steve »
I can't wait for Wednesday on Sky Sports to watch it all unfold, at both ends of the league.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #378 on July 20, 2020, 06:13:43 am by RobTheRover »

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #379 on July 20, 2020, 10:15:11 am by Metalmicky »
McCann is a one trick pony - unfortunately that trick hasn't worked at Hull like it did (to a certain extent) at Rovers.  The amount of commitment it must have taken to keep playing the same losing system over and over again, and not ever try anything else takes some audacity - but GM managed it, even when on such a terrible run since the new year......

I'm not sure that he will walk - and if he doesn't, I'm not sure he will be sacked either...

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #380 on July 20, 2020, 10:21:42 am by silent majority »

Typical of the EFL.
Not fit for purpose.

Not really. They always delay decision on imposing penalties so it has the maximum effect. They'll announce as soon as relegation is assured or not.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #381 on July 20, 2020, 11:35:14 am by BillyStubbsTears »
On the natural justice of the Wigan points deduction.

If what we see in the Press is correct, Wigan were put into administration by the new owner to force a points deduction and relegation in order to fix a huge bet.

If that is correct, and known, the EFL would be committing two enormous crimes against natural justice by imposing the 12 point penalty in order to relegate Wigan.

1) They would be aiding and abetting a fraud.

2) They would be benefitting the owner of the club by penalising the "club".

The penalty for going into administration was introduced to help stop poor or irresponsible management of football clubs. If what we have heard about the Wigan case is correct, there is no way that natural justice requires a 12 point penalty on Wigan this season. Quite the reverse. That would be an outrage against justice.

If the EFL rules require that to happen then call an EGM and change the rules.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #382 on July 20, 2020, 12:24:28 pm by Jonathan »
On the natural justice of the Wigan points deduction.

If what we see in the Press is correct, Wigan were put into administration by the new owner to force a points deduction and relegation in order to fix a huge bet.

If that is correct, and known, the EFL would be committing two enormous crimes against natural justice by imposing the 12 point penalty in order to relegate Wigan.

1) They would be aiding and abetting a fraud.

2) They would be benefitting the owner of the club by penalising the "club".

The penalty for going into administration was introduced to help stop poor or irresponsible management of football clubs. If what we have heard about the Wigan case is correct, there is no way that natural justice requires a 12 point penalty on Wigan this season. Quite the reverse. That would be an outrage against justice.

If the EFL rules require that to happen then call an EGM and change the rules.

Agree 100%. If they impose a retrospective points deduction without robust evidence to confirm that the alleged betting scam is unfounded (I’ve only skimmed through the allegations myself but it appears there’s enough there to warrant thorough investigation), then I think the EFL decision makers ought to be investigated themselves.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #383 on July 20, 2020, 12:35:29 pm by idler »
I would imagine that the betting company/companies expected to pay up all already be in contact with the EFL.
I can’t see them willing to just cough up.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #384 on July 20, 2020, 12:37:50 pm by RoversAlias »
Wow. Turns out GM's parents are Nietzsche too

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/everything-grant-mccann-said-luton-4341859

Not sure what the best/worst bit of that is. Is it that he says he took us to "the brink of the Play Offs" last season when I'm pretty sure I remember us being in the Play Offs, or is it that, when pressed on the reason why this disaster has happened, he landed on "just not winning enough games".

I feel sorry for Hull fans if that's what they're putting up with every week in his interviews.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #385 on July 22, 2020, 08:09:53 pm by Alan Southstand »
Currently 1-0 down at Cardiff and, according to the stats, getting battered.

Interesting, atm, it looks like 2 out of the 3 teams that went up last season, will come down again. If it hadn’t been for Hull being sh1te, all 3 of them could have been down!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #386 on July 22, 2020, 08:18:26 pm by Filo »
As it stands Birmingham will escape by the skin of their teeth yet again

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #387 on July 22, 2020, 08:27:27 pm by sha66y »
“Bring me the head of the snake”

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #388 on July 22, 2020, 08:34:59 pm by RoversAlias »

They're safe anyway tonight as Wigan are having the 12 points regardless after full time for some reason. So it's Wigan and the bottom four fighting it out.

Not that Charlton or Hull are putting up much fight! We'll be playing them next season.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #389 on July 22, 2020, 08:42:24 pm by Filo »

They're safe anyway tonight as Wigan are having the 12 points regardless after full time for some reason. So it's Wigan and the bottom four fighting it out.

Not that Charlton or Hull are putting up much fight! We'll be playing them next season.

I was just pointing out how they seem to always just survive

Also as it stands with Wigans 12 point deduction Barnsley survive

TinyPortal © 2005-2012