Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 09:33:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit deal  (Read 377164 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re: Brexit deal
« Reply #1440 on February 05, 2019, 07:50:42 am by Donnywolf »
Marvellous - thats all I can say

They are all *** lying cheating b*****s (almost to a Man/woman).

A) Flatly denying there was any such deal made to Nissan at the time. At that time we were / still are in austerity or I'm all right jack mode but f**k you lot as they see it

Rubbish collection problems , massive Potholes . Trains disrupted (still waiting for your Pacer Trains being replaced) - sorry no Money "pals"

B) Once caught out they have to come clean and they throw it out there KNOWING that most people wont see it or know what it means or give a flying f**k - and the ones that do can do nowt about it - and have to resort to complaining on Sites like this.

I watched Dr Weasel Fox the other day FLATLY denying he had said getting Trade deals after leaving the EU would be "easy peasy". I cant remember his exact words. Maybe weasily easily knowing him.

Even when confronted with his OWN WORDS / Date / and context he still would not confirm that the Interviewer had "got him" and did what they all do - ignored the direct questions and went on to a " must deliver on the Referendum result" or it will be an affront to Democracy type Speech

*** I mean almost ALL Politicians in most of the Parties - not just selectively picking Tories

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1441 on February 05, 2019, 11:26:40 am by Glyn_Wigley »
It gets worse....it looks like there may have been some fast and loose with EU State Aid rules:
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/04/government-letter-to-nissan-reveals-brexit-promise-to-carmarkers

M'learned friends will be chomping at the bit!

"Look! These bas**rds couldn't even stick to a deal we lied through our teeth to the country about!!"

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1442 on February 05, 2019, 08:03:57 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Jesus wept.

Are there any grown-ups in the government at all?

Even a GCSE Economics student would be useful.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/exclusive-secret-plan-to-slash-tariffs-on-all-post-brexit-imports_uk_5c587b08e4b00187b553da30?guccounter=1

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1443 on February 05, 2019, 08:32:58 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
That's the Patrick Minford approach Glyn. He reckons he has an economic model that says that we'd flourish in 10 years if we unilaterally got rid of all tariffs.

Mind, he does freely admit that it would mean the end of British manufacturing. And that we would need the "managed decline of Northern cities" (his own words).

It's not surprising that a swivel eyed right wing ideologue like Fox would go for that. The Northerners who voted for Breitbart served their purpose. Now they can be chewed up and spat out.

Oh aye. And Minford is the economist who bent Thatcher's ear in 1980 and convinced her to massively raise interest rates at the depths of a recession, trebling unemployment and laying much of the North waste. Plus ça f**king change as they say in Europe.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1444 on February 05, 2019, 08:55:49 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Here you go, Brexiter supporters. Here's the one and only leading economist who thinks Brexit is a good idea, telling us what the consequences will be, of the plan that he's sold to Fox.

https://mobile.twitter.com/antoni_UK/status/1054404213504200706

Ever think you've been had?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1445 on February 05, 2019, 09:03:23 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
That's the Patrick Minford approach Glyn. He reckons he has an economic model that says that we'd flourish in 10 years if we unilaterally got rid of all tariffs.

Mind, he does freely admit that it would mean the end of British manufacturing. And that we would need the "managed decline of Northern cities" (his own words).

It's not surprising that a swivel eyed right wing ideologue like Fox would go for that. The Northerners who voted for Breitbart served their purpose. Now they can be chewed up and spat out.

Oh aye. And Minford is the economist who bent Thatcher's ear in 1980 and convinced her to massively raise interest rates at the depths of a recession, trebling unemployment and laying much of the North waste. Plus ça f**king change as they say in Europe.

But the icing on the cake is that he thinks it solves the border problem!! Bloody unbelievable. When we start importing all the state-subsidised cheap and nasty Chinese crap without levying not only Customs Duty but also no Anti-Dumping Duty either, does he really think that the EU are just going to sit there and happily let it all flood through a non-existant Irish border into the Single Market?? Absolutely ridiculous.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1446 on February 05, 2019, 09:13:29 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
And still the Tories are seen as having a better approach to Brexiters than Labour in the polls.

Where the f**k are the grown ups when you need them?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1447 on February 05, 2019, 09:27:25 pm by wilts rover »
Yes, funny that - seeing as how the Tories appear to have a least 3 different approaches to Brexit depending on who you listen to. Which one do you think is the popular one in the polls?

So I guess all that does it tell you about the power of certain media outlets rather than any particular plan or party.

Great thread on smuggling and the Irish border here btw:

https://twitter.com/pmdfoster/status/1092850536095858688

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1448 on February 05, 2019, 09:39:08 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Always the last defence of the Left Wilts.

It's always the fault of the media. See. Thing is though. That was entirely predictable. Which is why to be successful, a Left leader has to be a superb communicator.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #1449 on February 05, 2019, 10:13:25 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I refer you to post 1433 that I made last night.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1450 on February 05, 2019, 10:50:11 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BB

Yep.

But you're only half right.

Labour's problem is not, for the most part, policies (although there are some I personally disagree with).

For the most part, they have the Tories over a barrel on the detail of policies. So it's unfair to say "gaining smartie points from ridiculing the opposition is the only way to progress".

The problem they have is that Corbyn's inner circle has been shambolicly incompetent at presenting a front of assured confidence on those policies. Corbyn has allowed a situation to emerge where it looks like Labour has no policy on Brexit. Because he's bleeding useless at presenting to anyone on this subject. Because he doesn't actually believe in his own party's policy.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1451 on February 06, 2019, 12:16:15 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Talking about Liam Fox as we were earlier, I missed this gem a couple of days back.

https://www.joe.co.uk/amp/news/no-deal-brexit-would-be-survivable-says-liam-fox-218399

No Deal would be "Survivable". Well whoopy f**king doo, why didn't you just say that all along? It would have given the likes of BS even more ammunition to defend his support of No Deal.

And then he goes on to say that No Deal wouldn't be a catastrophe and it wouldn't be OK. It would be somewhere in between.

Which presumably means something like "bad" or "very bad"?

And we're still considering CHOOSING that as an option ?

He's the Cabinet Minister who is furthest out on the nutter anti-EU fringe.  And the best he can say about No Deal is that it wouldn't quite be a catastrophe, and we could survive it.

And still, 30 percent of folk in this country think that's what we should choose.

And when some of us point out the implications, in an attempt to get folk to wake up to what we're racing into, we're accused of being condescending and hurting people's feelings.

f**king odd times we live in...

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #1452 on February 06, 2019, 11:53:55 am by MachoMadness »
Tusk just Tweeted this.

"I've been wondering what that special place in hell looks like, for those who promoted #Brexit, without even a sketch of a plan how to carry it out safely."

But remember, they need us more than we need them!

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #1453 on February 06, 2019, 12:25:26 pm by Copps is Magic »
Just seen it. That's the final nail in the coffin for any hope of remain. Feeds right into the nationalistis mindset of the 17 million. And probably a lot more.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1454 on February 06, 2019, 12:29:48 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Doesn't help that the BBC are wilfully misinterpreting his words in their headline.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-politics-47143135

That is disgraceful journalism.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #1455 on February 06, 2019, 01:03:22 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Just seen it. That's the final nail in the coffin for any hope of remain. Feeds right into the nationalistis mindset of the 17 million. And probably a lot more.

Exactly this, it's not what he tweeted that's the biggest issue (though I find that incredibly unhelpful and childish), but his off camera sniggers with the Irish PM have just backed up exactly what narrative people like Farage attempt to use about the EU and in some ways it's hard to disagree with that.  These things are incredibly complex and political but to publicly appear to be sniggering at a member country is astounding.

This point;

And at the end of their press conference, Mr Varadkar was picked up by the microphones telling Mr Tusk: "They'll give you terrible trouble, the British, for this."

Mr Tusk nodded at the comment and both laughed.

It's almost as if he finds the whole thing a funny game - unbelievable, and they wonder why there are so many anti EU people.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1456 on February 06, 2019, 02:00:30 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BFYP

Aye. But Tusk is doing nothing but telling the truth. Every single step of the way over the past 2.5 years, the Brexit advocates have been shown to have no plans for dealing with the process of Leaving. Tusk is absolutely correct to state that explicitly, and if he has a grim laugh about it, that is understandable. They reached a deal with May. May is now reneging on that with just days to go.

We're in a rather serious crisis now. If we British respond to this by complaining about it hurting our feelings, then frankly, we get what we deserve.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1457 on February 06, 2019, 02:07:47 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Plus, of course, it's rich hearing Brexiters complaining about this.

Senior politicians who have spent years comparing the EU to the USSR, to Nazi Germany, accusing them of giving out punishment beatings to us over Brexit,  saying that they would beg us for a deal, saying the EU president has "the charisma of a damp rag and appearance of a low-wage bank clerk", floating plans to bully Ireland into backing down by cutting off gas supplies. These same politicians now screaming that it's not fair to insult us when they tell us the truth.

It's us saying that we can insult you constantly for years, but don't you ever say anything back to us. Utterly pathetic.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 02:09:58 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

• VSC Member
« Reply #1458 on February 06, 2019, 02:15:28 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I get that BST and frankly largely agree.  My point is he is living up to the 'bad guy' persona some press and politicians wish to create for the eu.

Frankly it just doesn't help him.  Remaining professional allows him not to appear obstructive, to appear as a strong leader and to play the grown up card against the UK government.

The point is you could argue he's stooped to a low level that he didn't need to, one that allows the view of the eu to be just that bit more negative, which won't help his pro eu aims.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #1459 on February 06, 2019, 02:20:45 pm by Bentley Bullet »
You would think grown-ups would lead by example, wouldn't you?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1460 on February 06, 2019, 02:29:41 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I'll sum up your arguments.

WE reserve the right to be as f**king childish as we like.

YOU must always be courteous and professional, no matter how much we provoke you. Because Brexit supporters are pwecious widdle snowflakes.

Has no one on here ever got exasperated at dealing with long term tantrums?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #1461 on February 06, 2019, 02:53:06 pm by Bentley Bullet »

YOU must always be courteous and professional, no matter how much we provoke you. Because Brexit supporters are pwecious widdle snowflakes.

Yes, me, reading this thread.

• VSC Member
« Reply #1462 on February 06, 2019, 03:20:40 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Summed up incorrectly.

I personally feel they should all act like bloody adults not just one side.  My point was and is, publicly Tusk has lost that moral highground.....

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #1463 on February 06, 2019, 03:43:58 pm by MachoMadness »
We're a little over 7 weeks out, and there's still no plan. I suspect that, to the sort of person who's still blindly cheerleading Brexit at this point, Tusk never had the high ground in the first place.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1464 on February 06, 2019, 03:45:49 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BFYP
My point is that the politicians who are trying to stir the shit over this are precisely the ones who have built their careers on factually incorrect insults aimed at the EU. By comparison, the comments we get back the other way are relatively mild. And far, far fewer in number.

But yes, he probably shouldn't have said it. He was having a reasonable pop at POLITICIANS who have consistently misled the British people, but it was inevitable that those same politicians would spin it as him having a go at Brexit VOTERS (ably assisted by that disgraceful BBC website headline earlier, which i see they've now corrected). There's a special circle of Hell reserved for politicians who whip up fury in that way too.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 05:29:05 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1465 on February 06, 2019, 03:50:39 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I see the DUP are keeping it all in proportion.

The Democratic Unionist Party's Brexit spokesman Sammy Wilson said: "This devilish Euro maniac is doing his best to keep the United Kingdom bound by the chains of EU bureaucracy and control.

These Papists eh?

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1466 on February 06, 2019, 07:36:41 pm by Sprotyrover »
Why have the likes of Tusk and his bourgeois Luxembourg counterpart even been given the roles they have, is it because they are nothing more than a pair of Aunt Sally's who can easily be discarded when it all goes belly up.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1467 on February 06, 2019, 07:42:06 pm by Sprotyrover »
Interesting to see the Germans have taken up the mantle of leading the new EU military Force ,it's a pity that they will need about 4 years to replace all of their nackered old kit, and boy will they have to dig deep to fund it! Apart from also having to prop up France, Italy, Spain, Greece etc

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #1468 on February 06, 2019, 08:46:50 pm by Boomstick »
Wow, tusk, wow.
The childish ramblings of a desparate man, trying to hold together a failing political empire.

29th of March is gonna be sweet.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1469 on February 06, 2019, 09:06:09 pm by SydneyRover »
I thought May had promised to maintain workers rights a couple of years ago? So having been exposed as not protecting workers rights she want to legislate to protect rights that should already be protected.

What is to stop a Conservative party in the future trashing this, nothing, without the protection of the EU workers will be in a weakened state subjected to greedy employers forcing wages and conditions down once again.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/06/may-to-woo-labour-with-law-giving-uk-workers-same-rights-as-in-eu

Back in 2016

''Doubts cast on Theresa May's pledge to protect workers' rights post-Brexit''

''The prime minister made a pledge to stick to EU protections such as guarantees of paid holiday, maternity and paternity rights and time off in between shifts. But an examination of her past statements on workers’ rights reveals that she repeatedly attacked the then Labour government’s decision to sign up to the EU’s social chapter when the Conservatives were in opposition''

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2016/nov/07/doubts-cast-on-theresa-mays-pledge-to-protect-workers-rights-post-brexit

TinyPortal © 2005-2012