Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 12:47:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit deal  (Read 377262 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Brexit deal
« Reply #2040 on March 20, 2019, 08:37:51 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Government is collapsing about us.

Less that a week ago, the Cabinet Secretary said this.
https://mobile.twitter.com/StewartWood/status/1108273373946236928

A short extension to A50 would be reckless.

Today, May is writing to the EU specifically to ask for that.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #2041 on March 20, 2019, 10:04:27 am by Boomstick »

Youve spent this entire thread moaning about what's going on, but said very little about how you feesably think the government should proceed.

Pure waffle, piffle and flannel being spouted by desparate remoaners.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #2042 on March 20, 2019, 10:05:53 am by Boomstick »
Ah, ageism among remainers has yet again reared its ugly head.

Predictable PC gibberish.

People can't say what they want without someone getting on their high horse and bandying 'isms' about.

Do you cry yourself sleep at night clutching your Diane Abbott pillow?

He's more likely got a JRM pillow :lol:

If he has, after JRM supported Bercow's ruling, he must be biting it in frustration.
Wow, you really don't understand what's going on do you 🤦‍♂️

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #2043 on March 20, 2019, 10:08:21 am by RedJ »

People can't say what they want without someone getting on their high horse and bandying 'isms' about.

If he has, after JRM supported Bercow's ruling, he must be biting it in frustration.

The irony is absolutely mindblowing.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #2044 on March 20, 2019, 10:12:22 am by Bentley Bullet »
I thought us millennials were the snowflakes?
When snowflakes are picked up on not practising what they preach they tend to defend themselves by accusing their accusers of being snowflakes themselves. It's a sort of defence mechanism they deploy that only fellow snowflakes think is a reasonable response.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #2045 on March 20, 2019, 10:42:03 am by Glyn_Wigley »

Youve spent this entire thread moaning about what's going on, but said very little about how you feesably think the government should proceed.

Pure waffle, piffle and flannel being spouted by desparate remoaners.

How can anybody advise a government how to proceed when it's taken two years to kick a can to end of a cul-de-sac?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #2046 on March 20, 2019, 10:44:56 am by Glyn_Wigley »

If by that you mean I'm not privy to the inner sanctum of the civil unrest conspiracy you keep hinting at, then no.

As for what is going on in Westminster and how politics and Parliament work, then yes. More than you at any rate, it appears.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #2047 on March 20, 2019, 11:19:36 am by The Red Baron »
If I was an EU prime minister I'd tell May she can have an extension, but only until the end of December 2020.

A 3-month extension is just more can-kicking and makes it almost inevitable the UK will leave with No Deal on 30th June.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2048 on March 20, 2019, 11:24:45 am by SydneyRover »
arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and I thought thatcher f**ked us over.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #2049 on March 20, 2019, 11:29:39 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
If I was an EU prime minister I'd tell May she can have an extension, but only until the end of December 2020.

A 3-month extension is just more can-kicking and makes it almost inevitable the UK will leave with No Deal on 30th June.

A 3 month extension is about the only thing TM and JC actually both agree with.  What they do in that period differs but both only want 3 months.  Labour confirming that this morning.

As for talk of civil unrest, well given we are all largely sensible people we couldn't possibly know if that is planned or not as we likely don't mix in those circles.....

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2050 on March 20, 2019, 11:32:37 am by SydneyRover »
“And then there will be a debate among the 27”, he said. “I guess here again we have to demonstrate patience, which we have been demonstrating consistently during the process of the negotiations.”

And brexiteers say the eu are bullies!!!!!!!!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/20/juncker-raises-prospect-of-emergency-brexit-summit-next-week

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #2051 on March 20, 2019, 11:35:18 am by Glyn_Wigley »
“And then there will be a debate among the 27”, he said. “I guess here again we have to demonstrate patience, which we have been demonstrating consistently during the process of the negotiations.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/20/juncker-raises-prospect-of-emergency-brexit-summit-next-week

They don't lie down and give in to our impossible demands. Of course they're bullies!!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2052 on March 20, 2019, 11:35:33 am by SydneyRover »

A 3 month extension is about the only thing TM and JC actually both agree with.  What they do in that period differs but both only want 3 months.  Labour confirming that this morning.

As for talk of civil unrest, well given we are all largely sensible people we couldn't possibly know if that is planned or not as we likely don't mix in those circles.....
With the understanding that JC does not hold power, what about a jelly wrestle to the death between TM & JC, let the winner decide.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2053 on March 20, 2019, 11:40:06 am by SydneyRover »

They don't lie down and give in to our impossible demands. Of course they're bullies!!
Talk about death by a thousand cuts, I don't think I would employ TM to make T & sarnies.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #2054 on March 20, 2019, 12:18:43 pm by Donnywolf »
The sad thing for us as a Nation is that the Vote was not decisive enough.

It may have produced a majority called "large massive or overwhelming" but in truth it was almost 50 50 and that means division.

Cameron should have put a tariff on saying we are in the Eu. and tonleave we must have a majority of say 60 or 66 per cent to trigger a Leave vote

There was no such tariff on the 1976 Referendum but that ended 66-34 in favour of Remain and though I voted Leave I dont remember any great outcry ... and that partly was down to the majority of 33 per cent. I actually went years before I met someone that had voted to Remain because it was a done deal , agreed , just get on with it

This time its virtually man v man woman v woman and it wont end here or any time soon

Mainly Tory MPs even though flying in the face of the 76 majority have conspired againt its result but finally wrestled a Referendum out of Cameron and so I AM SURE that if we do leave eventually there will be immediate and sustained pressure to rejoin. It wont happen in my lifetime I suspect but I think it will eventually come full circle to the point of us wanting to rejoin the EU (in whatever form it then takes)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #2055 on March 20, 2019, 12:26:53 pm by The Red Baron »
I'm just watching PMQs. What a rabble. A pity we can't sack the whole lot and start again.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2056 on March 20, 2019, 12:32:23 pm by SydneyRover »
At least they recognise there is a limit

''Tory MPs vow to quit party if Boris Johnson becomes leader ''

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/19/tory-mps-vow-to-quit-party-if-boris-johnson-becomes-leader

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #2057 on March 20, 2019, 01:20:46 pm by wing commander »
  I'm beginning to actually believe a lot of you take pleasure in the uk's predicament just so you can lambast the Tory's and May..Which I believe is Labours plan as well in the forlorn hope they can get a GE..
   personally I don't give 2 hoots what the EU want..I want what's best for the UK..

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #2058 on March 20, 2019, 01:31:46 pm by The Red Baron »
  I'm beginning to actually believe a lot of you take pleasure in the uk's predicament just so you can lambast the Tory's and May..Which I believe is Labours plan as well in the forlorn hope they can get a GE..
   personally I don't give 2 hoots what the EU want..I want what's best for the UK..

I certainly don't. I do think there is a lot of game-playing going on at Westminster and we should remember that next time we go out and vote.

By conducting the negotiations in such a cack-handed way May has handed the whip hand to the EU, so we have no choice but to listen to their demands. We should have had plans in place for leaving without a deal before Article 50 was triggered and our negotiating strategy should have been to work back from there.

I hope that once Brexit actually happens, or is delayed for a lengthy period (which I think is the most likely outcome) May will go. She has been an utter disaster and I don't want her anywhere near any negotiations about our future relationship with the EU. I would say the same about Corbyn. Both parties need new leaders.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #2059 on March 20, 2019, 01:43:48 pm by The Red Baron »

Apparently Juncker will tell May that she can have a shorter extension than she wants (to 23rd May) or a much longer one. The issue is the UKs participation in Euro Elections.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2061 on March 20, 2019, 02:11:31 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
https://mobile.twitter.com/Peston/status/1108344114121228289

https://mobile.twitter.com/Peston/status/1108340711106248704

Dear sweet Jesus.

In layman's language.

Dear President Tusk

You know my deal has been rejected by the 1st and 4th greatest majorities of any Govt Bill in the history of the UK Parliament? And that the Speaker has ruled that I can't bring it back a third time?

Well here's my plan. Give us an extension and...I'll bring it back a third time! What do you think? Genius, eh?

What's that? If it fails again, because it will because so many MPs are still saying they'll vote against it, what is my Plan B?

Plan B? Give me a minute...Plan B?

Nope. No Plan B.

All agreed then?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #2062 on March 20, 2019, 02:15:28 pm by The Red Baron »
It is being reported that President Macron will veto ANY request for an extension. At least that would have the virtue of concentrating minds, I suppose.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2063 on March 20, 2019, 02:19:52 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Jesus wept.

It now turns out that she's asked for an extension to 30 June, after being told by Juncker that the choices were a) extension to 23 May (before the European elections) or b) Extension into 2020 to give us time to sort out shit out.

Is she actually clinically insane?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #2064 on March 20, 2019, 02:23:45 pm by The Red Baron »
Jesus wept.

It now turns out that she's asked for an extension to 30 June, after being told by Juncker that the choices were a) extension to 23 May (before the European elections) or b) Extension into 2020 to give us time to sort out shit out.

She certainly doesn't listen to anything anyone says to her. I'm no great fan of Juncker but I do think he's bent over backwards to be helpful to May. If it was me I'd be inclined to let her go hang now.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2065 on March 20, 2019, 02:24:15 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
It is being reported that President Macron will veto ANY request for an extension. At least that would have the virtue of concentrating minds, I suppose.

That'd be...err...interesting.

Choice between utterly f**king our economy next week, or Revoking A50 which would destroy the Tory party.

For the record, I suspect this is Macron playing games rather than seriously intending to do this. It would be bloody stupid of him.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2066 on March 20, 2019, 02:26:35 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Jesus wept.

She certainly doesn't listen to anything anyone says to her. I'm no great fan of Juncker but I do think he's bent over backwards to be helpful to May. If it was me I'd be inclined to let her go hang now.

Agreed on all points. The backstop was a massive concession by the EU to get May out of the hole that she personally dug by insisting that we leave the CU.

The fact that she negotiated that while knowing all along that it could never pass, then did f**k all for two months after it was rejected is simply beyond belief. She has lost the right to any .ore help from anyone.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #2067 on March 20, 2019, 02:40:50 pm by Axholme Lion »

Too right they are. The remainers are responsible for the position we are in. As soon as the referendum result was announced they have done their utmost to undermine the government and sabotage every move made in their attempts to thwart Brexit. The amusing thing would be to see the outcome of their activities resulting in the default of a no deal Brexit. That really would be worth buying tickets to see.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2068 on March 20, 2019, 02:44:10 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
You know what? It's a sad statement on where discussion has got to when a smart bloke like Wing Co thinks that any of us are taking pleasure in seeing our country humiliate itself like this, and run the risk of stumbling into economic catastrophe.

Isn't it possible for intelligent, honest  people to disagree without being seen as simply wanting to win an argument?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #2069 on March 20, 2019, 02:50:52 pm by The Red Baron »

That'd be...err...interesting.

Choice between utterly f**king our economy next week, or Revoking A50 which would destroy the Tory party.

For the record, I suspect this is Macron playing games rather than seriously intending to do this. It would be bloody stupid of him.

I don't think he's the sharpest tool in the box, judged by the appalling mess he's making of running France, which is actually much closer to anarchy than the UK. Hopefully Juncker and Tusk will take him to one side and explain things to him.

Don't forget he only got in because the alternative was Marine LePen!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012