Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 10:00:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit deal  (Read 377183 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Brexit deal
« Reply #2550 on March 29, 2019, 07:27:35 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
TRB

I wonder where his funding will come from...

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2551 on March 29, 2019, 07:30:02 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
It'll lose by 50+ votes tomorrow. And May will once again insist that it must be passed.

But, oddly, she'll continue to insist that a vote three years ago is sacrosanct for all time, and must not be put to the test again.

Well, I've had a shocking run of political predictions, but hopefully, this is the start of a run of better form...

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #2552 on March 29, 2019, 07:37:06 pm by The Red Baron »
TRB

I wonder where his funding will come from...

I realise that is probably rhetorical. I don't know if he's still in bed with Banks.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #2553 on March 29, 2019, 07:40:00 pm by The Red Baron »
The DUP have just said they'd rather stay in the EU than risk the Union.

Are the ERG going to follow them on that one? :lol:

They are an inscrutable bunch, aren't they?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2554 on March 29, 2019, 07:50:55 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Which raises the question of where Banks gets his money from...

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2555 on March 29, 2019, 07:51:30 pm by wilts rover »
They may well gain control of the Tory Party, but in doing so they will make it unelectable.

Outside of the Peoples Republic of South Yorkshire the Labour party are not that popular whoever are running the Conservatives. Even just over the border into North Lincs they wouldn't win here.

Despite them having an MP there?

Andrew Percy is Conservative.

But Nic Dakin isn't - or are you going to tell me he doesn't hold a seat all of which is in North Lincolnshire? Unlike Andrew Percy who has half of his constituency in East Yorkshire.

In fact most of the North Lincolnshire part of Percy's seat was always Labour under Elliott Morley. It only went Tory when that was split up and joined the old Gainsborough seat.

Then again I suppose its all changed since I lived there with all these incomers...

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2556 on March 29, 2019, 07:55:57 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Talking about funding...

https://mobile.twitter.com/PickardJE/status/1111683895081226240/photo/1

On THIS day of all days, Vote Leave finally admit that they massively broke the law during the Ref campaign, by giving £600k to that spotty little pre-pubescent gobshite Darren Grimes to spend on advertising over the limit allowed by electoral law.

But hey. Fair vote...

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #2557 on March 29, 2019, 08:14:45 pm by The Red Baron »
It'll lose by 50+ votes tomorrow. And May will once again insist that it must be passed.

But, oddly, she'll continue to insist that a vote three years ago is sacrosanct for all time, and must not be put to the test again.

Well, I've had a shocking run of political predictions, but hopefully, this is the start of a run of better form...

When are you predicting for the General Election? Some people seem to think May. I fancy October personally.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #2558 on March 29, 2019, 08:20:16 pm by The Red Baron »
  I think we have just seen the day when the labour party have probably died

I think it's bad for both main parties, but don't forget that the electoral system works massively in their favour in Parliamentary elections.

The Euro elections are different gravy. The political anorak in me really wants to see those go ahead now.

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #2559 on March 29, 2019, 08:42:18 pm by foxbat »
oh Yes. let the momentum of the pro EU movement continue and elect proper MEPs not the criminally funded UKIP wreckers

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2560 on March 29, 2019, 08:58:00 pm by bpoolrover »
I no the leave camp seem to have overspent but did remain not have more to spend than leave thou,wasn’t it 9.3 million on leafleting ect?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2561 on March 29, 2019, 09:05:11 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Bpool.

That wasn't the Remain campaign. It was the Govt setting out the Govt position. It presented a set of facts. Demonstrable facts.

1) Did you have any specific issues with the facts set out in that leaflet?

2) Because those facts were publicly out there, anyone who disputed them could argue the toss.

3) What Vote Leave did was to pump demonstrable lies into the social media feeds of people it had identified as suckers (their claim, not mine).

4) Because no one knew they were doing it at the time, it was impossible to counter those lies.

5) To pay for that, they broke the law. As they have finally admitted today.

As I said yesterday, you astonish me in your continued insistence if simply ignoring all this, because the outcome was the one you wanted.

And while we're on the topic of them breaking the law during the campaign, this is quite beyond belief. It's Theresa's May's lawyer. In court. Admitting that May knows all about this. And has decided to ignore it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/nw_nicholas/status/1108770453789831168
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 09:15:39 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #2562 on March 29, 2019, 09:07:16 pm by Copps is Magic »
I can see an intermediary path. MPs are talking about votes/propositions being coupled on Monday... with negotiating a customs union the most supported outcome. The government could then couple a third (edit:fourth. I'm losing count) meaningful vote on the WA with a commitment to negotiate a firm customs union ... as opposed to the best of both worlds approach they seemingly want that leaves us in the 'backstop' if and when talks for a trade agreement break down. The EU are seemingly willing to do this.

Labour whipped their MPs to vote for Clarke's proposal.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #2563 on March 29, 2019, 09:16:01 pm by The Red Baron »
I can see an intermediary path. MPs are talking about votes/propositions being coupled on Monday... with negotiating a customs union the most supported outcome. The government could then couple a third (edit:fourth. I'm losing count) meaningful vote on the WA with a commitment to negotiate a firm customs union ... as opposed to the best of both worlds approach they seemingly want that leaves us in the 'backstop' if and when talks for a trade agreement break down. The EU are seemingly willing to do this.

To be honest, I can see the basis of a solution in there. Unfortunately I don't think Labour will go for it.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #2564 on March 29, 2019, 09:20:14 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

If we get a Customs Union, there's no need for a backstop.

I'm actually wanting one of the indicative votes - any of them, I don't really care which - to get a majority because I'll enjoy the sight of May - when giving that disgraceful statement blaming Parliament for her disaster - after complaining that Parliament should back something (by which she meant her deal) try and backslide out of it when Parliament does make a positive vote and it's not what she wants to help keep the Tory party together. :lol:
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 09:24:56 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #2565 on March 29, 2019, 09:22:26 pm by Copps is Magic »
That's the point I was making, yes.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #2566 on March 29, 2019, 09:30:19 pm by Copps is Magic »
The devil will be in the detail between that customers union (i.e. the backstop) and a customs union. (and how its sold)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #2567 on March 29, 2019, 09:33:45 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
The devil will be in the detail between that customers union (i.e. the backstop) and a customs union. (and how its sold)

My understanding is that Clarke's proposal is to be in the EU Customs Union as is, not the nebulous 'a' Customs Union Labour are on about.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #2568 on March 29, 2019, 09:37:39 pm by Copps is Magic »

My understanding is that Clarke's proposal is to be in the EU Customs Union as is, not the nebulous 'a' Customs Union Labour are on about.

That's not how I understand it. If the wording on the BBC is correct it ''calls for the UK to negotiate a permanent customs union with the EU after Brexit".

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-47715933

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #2569 on March 29, 2019, 09:40:20 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

That's not how I understand it. If the wording on the BBC is correct it ''calls for the UK to negotiate a permanent customs union with the EU after Brexit".

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-47715933

I hadn't noticed that, thanks.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2570 on March 29, 2019, 09:50:59 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I never quite understood what Corbyn was on about 18 months back, when, after a year of saying he wanted us out of THE Customs Union, he announced that he wanted us to be in A Customs Union.

I'm sure it's clear enough to him.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2571 on March 29, 2019, 09:55:11 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
This issue about Vote Leave breaking the law.

We'd never have heard about it other than for a whistleblower from the Vote Leave staff.

He's a Muslim. Gay, but he, understandably, kept it secret from his family.

After he went public on the crime, another Vote Leave staff member, who is now an adviser in No 10 very publicly outed him. Causing the bloke all sorts of personal grief.

Nice folk, these Vote Leave criminals, aren't they?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2572 on March 29, 2019, 10:15:38 pm by wilts rover »

To be honest, I can see the basis of a solution in there. Unfortunately I don't think Labour will go for it.

Why is that they voted for all the CU alternatives on Wednesday? It was the Tories, Lib Dems, SDP & TIGGERS who refused to support them.

It wont get thro without Tory support & May has always said - and she repeated it today - that she would never support a CU or SM.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #2573 on March 29, 2019, 10:39:52 pm by MachoMadness »
Speaking of nice folk, Tommy Robinson and pals are teararsing round London as we speak, harassing people, barging into offices of papers they don't like, verbally and physically attacking journalists, cameramen, random cyclists...

Remember that next time someone starts chelping about how the lefties in Antifa are the real problem. And remember how that million-strong march last week passed without any major incidents like this.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #2574 on March 30, 2019, 12:32:52 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Any news about Farage's Million Man March lately?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2575 on March 30, 2019, 12:50:28 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Nope.

No news about his statement that a 52-48 result wouldn't be the end of the story either.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #2576 on March 30, 2019, 09:21:47 am by The Red Baron »

Why is that they voted for all the CU alternatives on Wednesday? It was the Tories, Lib Dems, SDP & TIGGERS who refused to support them.

It wont get thro without Tory support & May has always said - and she repeated it today - that she would never support a CU or SM.

We'll see if the SNP and the Tinge lot move next week, but if they remain hell-bent on a second referendum I don't think they will back a Customs Union proposal.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2577 on March 30, 2019, 11:04:40 am by BillyStubbsTears »
You know? I thought my contempt for the intellectually vacuous, but massively ambitious Dominic Raab couldn't go deeper than it already is.

Then this.

https://mobile.twitter.com/danbarker/status/1111550418545446912

You can picture it can't you? Interview in his office....now...what books can I stack behind me to give the impression that I'm a serious political thinker?

t**t.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #2578 on March 30, 2019, 11:43:25 am by MachoMadness »
Hidden the Best of Soccer AM compilation DVDs just out of frame, thankfully.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2579 on March 30, 2019, 12:07:54 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I had a run in with him on a Radio5 phone in a few years ago, when he was a thick-as-pigshit nobody, rather than the thick-as-pigshit potential PM he is today.

He was promoting his Private Members' Bill that proposed to make strikes illegal unless a majority of the Union MEMBERS, not just those who voted, voted to strike.

I phoned in and pointed out that he'd been elected with the votes of only 42% of all his registered constituents.

His response was that that was a totally different thing, and then he went on to something else.

Now I think about it, odd isn't it? The World According to Raab. Strikes are so important that they need a majority of all eligible voters to trigger them. But No Deal Brexit can be the policy to follow even though it is only supported by a minority of a minority of the electorate.

But I'm sure that's just a totally different thing.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012